Leif

Doo Family 690 A.D. Healing Meditations

I have seen the Doo family 690 AD DVD. A couple years it was making the rounds amongst my friends (we share videos) and it eventually got to me.

I remember a few things. It felt more demo-like than instructional. The production values aren't too high (don't care personally, but some do). But most of all I remember that it was 12 minutes long. In total. And not all of it was spent showing the forms. There was some mini history lesson up front.

Maybe this qigong is all that, but $300 for 12 minutes of video seems waaay steep.

Thankyou Phinney, did you try the meditations of just watched them?

I followed along as best I could while I watched and then tried one piece for a few days. I do this for all the vids I borrow. I don't remember exactly but I think there were a few moving forms and a few stationary postures. Though it was nice seeing GMDW, the video didn't inspire me to adopt it as a practice. Also, my personal policy is that if I borrow something and I like it then I'll go and buy a copy for myself. I just feel better about doing it this way. That said, the price tag was so high that I couldn't pull the trigger without being really excited about the material. So I didn't.

It's possible that if I had dropped $300 on this sight unseen that I might've put in a longer effort on the material and maybe seen results. Or maybe I would've been pissed off. I'll never know.

My point was in this thread was does the information explain how to do the breath percentages properly for people to full understand. Not just give you the percentages but how to do them the right?

Any standing practice Jaam Jong will bring results even without breath percentages just these percentages that done wrong can give no results thats why Im asking and didnt want people to look at GMDW's system as being useless. For the money I just hoped that you would get things in much more detail that is all!

Thanks for your time...

Sifu Garry

P.S Also maybe GMDW thinks most people are advanced enough to understand these breathing patterns and maybe that is why he isnt giving a full description , who knows???

• Like 1

For those who are interested I've corresponded with Sifu LaRochelle from www.whitetigerkungfu.com Here is some info he gave me about the different systems he offers of GM Doo Wai;

Living energy set is for learning to be an chi energy healer. It covers not only healing meditation, but how to in detail use your chi energy to heal others.

Doo family healing meditations is a set of healing chi meditations and are very good. Nothing else is presented.

San Gong Healing Meditations are excellent and produce good results. Easy to learn and powerful.

Wind among the heavens is another series of healing meditations that kinds do what the others do - balance a practitioner's chi energy and make if much more positive so that it increasing health and healing.

All of the above titles will increase a person's chi energy enough so that it can be projected outside the body and heal other people.

Sifu LaRochelle also offers courses (not listed on the website) that include material not listed or available on the website. These courses include an External (Iron palm, iron body, etc...), Internal (Listed above plus others-mostly chi kung) and a High Level Chi Development/Psychic Course (Mind training exercises)

He also offers services in preparing herbal teas/soups for clients from GM's recipes.

When I asked him about the Doo Family Meditaitons as compared to the flying pheonix, he wrote that GM Doo Wai, on the Doo Family Healing title, says these 690AD meditations are better than the Flying Phoenix series as they are simpler to perform and give better results etc.

The Flying Phoenix series is something that Daoist Monk Fung Do Duk created or passed down in 1644 which is quite a bit later than 690AD.

note that he has been authorized by GM Doo Wai to distribute

Growant, great post! See what happens when you asks questions of a good sifu, you get assistance and answers. You must be committed to the practice. It takes time for the meditations to mature. Some people feel the effects early and others it will happen over time. Whether you feel something or not the meditations are still effective. The DVDs are instructional because they give you the breath control and the movements. Learn and master the movements. Learn how to do the breath control. We use our abdomen and not our chest when we breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take a break and do some Qigong guys.

Otherwise I will send this to the pit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

indexall4.jpg

WBBM,

I am intrigued by your posts but I have a few questions out of curiosity.

1.I heard that your system has 72 levels is that correct? and if so what is the final achievement of this practice? and what level are you?

2.You previously said that your burning palm has levels my questions is how many levels does it have and what is possible ability wise at the final level?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moderator action

So I've split off the drama and sent it to the pit where it belongs.

Those of you who like to argue on our forum can do it there.

Please keep it out of this thread.

Last warning.

Later

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thats cool i do a fire very practice that gets me pretty hot.

18 levels thats pretty cool.

Do you practice the 72 Sunn Yee Gong system as well and what are the levels like?

The 72 meditations have seated, standing, and moving meditations, but my love of GMDW's systems is the Burning Palm if I had to choose. The reason for releasing the 72 meditations eventually is to pass it on and hopefully save this nei gong art as I do have a lot to practice already from previous systems that I will never let go. So we at WBBM are going to release the 72 meditations of Sunn Yee Gong for this reason and this was one of GMDW wishes for me to share it amongst other rare things I learnt.

Hope this helps?

Steve,

Why are all my post being deleted???? :blink:

They have not been deleted, only moved to the pit.

Please keep this thread factual and on topic.

If you must engage in drama, keep that in the pit.

On 3-12-2011 at 7:14 AM, Warrior Body Buddha Mind said:

Will make clip of the 690a.d dvd for you all to make your own decision....also living energy and the rest just to prove a point! :rolleyes:

I wish you did!

• Like 2