Leif

Doo Family 690 A.D. Healing Meditations

I have seen those and these may not be very detailed.

Thanks. so more of a "demo" than "instruction"

These DVD's are not on Doo Wai's site.

Not quite sure so far whether he has one, I could find Rizzo's, LaRochelle's, but not one yet that would seem like his own. Don't even know whether LaRochelle (owner of that website) is authorized. (There is just too much controversy around GMDW on internet.)

hmm, $299 is a lot, I think if you compare this with the prices of Terry Dunn's DVDs.

Terry Dunn will come out with a DVD with some Whiter Tiger meditations (maybe in 2012?) and from http://www.wbbm.se you can contact teachers of Bak Fu Pai to learn the meditations online, I think.

These

sound very much like Flying Phoenix, says however

This DVD title is fully indexed for ease of learning these powerful energy building meditations used for healing and self defense

self defense? Terry Dunn has said that FP is only used for healing purposes.

I wouldn't use that material even for free. It's junk masked with a fancy outfit and colourful talk about 1644, the Tang dynasty, shamanism and all that jazz.

Btw, that site (Dan Larochelle) offers Flying Phoenix Healing Meditations 1 for $89

http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/flying_phoenix_meditations1.htm

Whereas it is listed on eBay for $49.95:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Relax-Flying-Phoenix-Healing-Meditation-/370402059692?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item563daee5ac

But on his other website (bakfupai/whitetigerworld) is only $19.95:

http://www.whitetigerworld.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=17&category_id=7&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=70

Look elsewhere, please.

• Like 2

I wouldn't use that material even for free. It's junk masked with a fancy outfit and colourful talk about 1644, the Tang dynasty, shamanism and all that jazz.

Btw, that site (Dan Larochelle) offers Flying Phoenix Healing Meditations 1 for $89

http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/flying_phoenix_meditations1.htm

Better and cheaper from Terry Dunn.

this is actually the level 2 meditations which you link to ($19.95), so someone is trying to sell for $50 what you can get for $20 :(

this item is legit enough.

Look elsewhere, please.

:)

Edited by chris d
  • Like 2

Terry Dunn will come out with a DVD with some Whiter Tiger meditations (maybe in 2012?) and from http://www.wbbm.se you can contact teachers of Bak Fu Pai to learn the meditations online, I think.

That's good idea thanks. Though I was kind of hoping to get "the higher level stuff" :blush: , and remember Terry Dunn saying that's something not to be released publically.

self defense? Terry Dunn has said that FP is only used for healing purposes.

that's one of my open questions about FP, I'll raise them one day after getting through all the posts in FP thread and digesting them

Whereas it is listed on eBay for $49.95:

But on his other website (bakfupai/whitetigerworld) is only $19.95:

Look elsewhere, please.

I stumbled upon these as well, just couldn't discern whether these are same products or not.

(Still if I'll ever get their DVD, that'd be only to compare to Terry Dunn's. Terry Dunn is a safe point here for me and I'll go with his FP. I remember Terry Dunn saying somewhere in the thread that the FP disk from flyingphoenix.com website - he probably had flyingphoenix.us on mind - contains different stuff than his FP. Also their quotes along the lines of "these FP meditations supersede the old meditations released" don't raise much trust with me.)

Edited by Leif

I am wondering about this DVD too. It would be nice if someone who was familiar with the entire system of GM Doo Wai (but who wasn't financially invested in one part/product or another) could let people know how they fit together and relate to each other, how effects differ, what is most powerful, etc... Perhaps Sillum could chime in?

Stick with Sifu Terry Dunn for FP, cause he was taught this system and I have seen him being taught by GMDW, the other footage was just for demonstration and YES you can try and follow but unless you been taught it properly, just like anything you buy online you are just copying movements with no knowledge of what its about, unless the teacher breaks down the information for you to learn and has a syllabus that is progressive and something you can master. You are not mastering FP by buying some footage and copying a persons demo.

Sifu Garry

• Like 3

Stick with Sifu Terry Dunn for FP, cause he was taught this system and I have seen him being taught by GMDW, the other footage was just for demonstration and YES you can try and follow but unless you been taught it properly, just like anything you buy online you are just copying movements with no knowledge of what its about, unless the teacher breaks down the information for you to learn and has a syllabus that is progressive and something you can master. You are not mastering FP by buying some footage and copying a persons demo.

Sifu Garry

The 599 dvd set is San Yee Gong. 9 meditations. Is this a good set do you know?

WBBM- Its not only about FP, there are other chi kungs/meditations originating from GM Doo Wai (some are said to be more powerful than FP). In addition, and no offense, but you don't seem impartial in this matter, as you and Sifu Terry have clearly been mutually endorsing each other (both here and on eachother's websites).

As I said, it would be nice if an objective/impartial and informed individual could shed some light on these issues.

• Like 1

Where does it say Sunn Yee Gong? Sorry I must of missed it!!! :(

I dont teach FP but have seen enough of them, so cannot comment on which one is more effective level 1 or 2 but I know that there is many levels in the FP Art. My healing art is Burning Palm, which to me brings awesome results and is a small system comparing to FP, so when it comes to what GMDW taught to people and thats why I say TAUGHT, not copy a meditation is most important. Maybe the person selling these have hyped up the information to sell them out, but what use is it doing level 2,3,4 is you havent got the foundation down of FP which is why Sifu Terry has given to you all and the only person I know of that has truly trained them and researched them and not just copied a simple meditation from the dvd that doesnt breakdown the skill or understanding of the system?

I agree with you regarding the sales of many of the products and this is why I dont get involved into the BFP politics. But I will say that there is some people that have trained under and experienced GMDW teachings properly and can teach them, beware who you buy information off and research the person who is demonstrating the information. Many of the information are demonstrative more then teaching IMHO from GMDW in the past few years, sadly. I have no affiliation to these websites mentioned to truly comment, I run my own systems under WBBM, and im authorised by GMDW to teach certain information/s out. I am not involved with Bak Fu Pai Assoc or the like just teach certain things inside the BFP system from Doo Family, im a Doo Family representative!

Hope that clears anything up? lol

Sifu Garry

Where does it say Sunn Yee Gong? Sorry I must of missed it!!! :(

I dont teach FP but have seen enough of them, so cannot comment on which one is more effective level 1 or 2 but I know that there is many levels in the FP Art. My healing art is Burning Palm, which to me brings awesome results and is a small system comparing to FP, so when it comes to what GMDW taught to people and thats why I say TAUGHT, not copy a meditation is most important. Maybe the person selling these have hyped up the information to sell them out, but what use is it doing level 2,3,4 is you havent got the foundation down of FP which is why Sifu Terry has given to you all and the only person I know of that has truly trained them and researched them and not just copied a simple meditation from the dvd that doesnt breakdown the skill or understanding of the system?

I agree with you regarding the sales of many of the products and this is why I dont get involved into the BFP politics. But I will say that there is some people that have trained under and experienced GMDW teachings properly and can teach them, beware who you buy information off and research the person who is demonstrating the information. Many of the information are demonstrative more then teaching IMHO from GMDW in the past few years, sadly. I have no affiliation to these websites mentioned to truly comment, I run my own systems under WBBM, and im authorised by GMDW to teach certain information/s out. I am not involved with Bak Fu Pai Assoc or the like just teach certain things inside the BFP system from Doo Family, im a Doo Family representative!

Hope that clears anything up? lol

Sifu Garry

The $599 Living Energy DVD set is Sunn Yee Gong. I asked him because it doesn't have the name in the description. Is that a legit buy?

Sifu LaRochelle and the Rizzo brothers are legitimate sources for the Doo Family Healing and Martial Arts. All of them still study under GM Doo Wai. I know about 90 percent of the information on the LaRochelle website. Most of the DVDs contain instruction directly from GM Doo Wai. Who can instruct better than the grandmaster? Who can demonstrate proper form and technique better than the grandmaster?

The Internet is an excellent shopping tool. If you can get the same product for a lesser price then you should be a wise consumer and purchase at the best price.

The secret to the FP and the other Doo family arts is the simplicity of the movements and the breath control. There are some martial art applications in some of the meditations but they are just that applications. We all have our theories on why it is effective. But the truth is it works. If you learn the meditations and do them as instructed you and others will benefit. The monks who developed these chi kung systems reduced them to a science.

If you really want to learn the Doo Family chi gung, my advice is to get as much of it as you can. It is SAFE to learn. Everyone will not have the benefit to live instruction. GM Doo Wai always says: it is about quality and not quantity." There is quality chi gung instruction by GM Doo Wai available to the public.

I am just a sage on my journey and I happened to meet a great teacher along the way.

• Like 1

That's expensive!

Not to hark back to the 'spiritual materialism' topic but I'm harking back.

Experts here. Anything really 'worth' that price in the meditations for purchase?

Thanks for chiming in, Sillum. Can you speak to which of the various meditations/chi kungs of GM Doo Wai that are commercially available, flying phoenix and others (on Larochelle's, Rizzo's, and Lacy's site) would be considered the most powerful/highest level?

Edited by growant

How many meditations on that dvd?

Without checking my email again I believe he said 9 meditations combined into one long one.

It all depends on how its taught on the DVD, you follow a form without it being broken down rather than it being taught as if its live then you just copying movements and to me that isnt a good dvd purchase, but that is just me!

Are you going to teach Sunn Yee Gong via DVD, book, Skype or whatever else anytime soon?