Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Meditating Outside/Park

I pretty much always meditate outside, unless the conditions are extremely adverse...but even though, I just see it as further opportunity for growth. Meditating outside is a world of difference.... it is important to be directly connected to the EARTH to absorb its yin chi; you cannot do so meditating ontop synthetic materials/inside. You are seriously hindering your practice and holding yourself back if you meditate inside and neglect the tons more chi available from the elements outside... fresh air, trees, plants, water etc... In Mo Pai the practice is REQUIRED to be done outside for any results..otherwise you are going nowhere... that should tell you something. I think a common issue as to why many are hesitant to meditate outside is due to fear of being made fun of, heckled, disturbed, bothered etc.... but you must see that you will never fully progress spiritually unless you crucify your ego in this regard and be completely indifferent to the distorted pitiful perceptions of others... you must understand that people who try to belittle you are acting unconsciously from their ego out of fear of the unknown and projecting their insecurities and low self-esteem unto you, and if you respond out of anger or negativity instead of love and compassion they will 'win' in their heads and only be motivated to further antagonize meditatees... plus, if one reacts to such pestering with equal immaturity then what does that say about meditation in the eyes of the initiator? Use these opportunities as a chance to grow as each time you respond with indifference (ie: don't respond at all, stay focused on your meditation) you strengthen your energy in that regard

i try to practice outside as often as possible. of course it depends very much on the weather. living in western europe the time for doing exercises outside is limited: from spring to autumn. i tried several times to do outdoor exercises in winter, but i didn`t really like it, because of the cold. - i know that there are some hardcore tai chi and qi gong people in northern germany (hamburg) who practice in a park all year long.

my impression is that the results of practicing outside are more satisfying. i felt more energy, more chi in my body. i was more grounded, more connected with the earth. most of the time i practice zanh zhuang chi kung, but i meditate as well (taoist meditation according to bruce frantzis). of course you will always be confronted with people staring at you or making silly remarks - but the more often you practice at a special place the more the people will get used to it and will tolerate what you do. so, don`t give up meditating in the park!

Meditating Outside/Park.

Has anyone tried meditating outside and if so, what is your experience(Park).

Meditating outside is so good ,if it is warm and dry enough(those are my conditions becouse they feel good) and if there are not too many disturbances as "you" wouldnt want to get heart attack(ok I am dramatazing here)if there is sudden disturbace.This is about sitting still meditation .

Otherwise other types like chi kung and similar could be more flexible.

I was wondering the same actually about the parks at night,as I was running around one the other night and really felt to go and jump the fence and do sitting there-it was so inviting ,but was scared of local kids turning up as there was some crime around and in the park at night.But living in a big city that is the only piece of nature there is.

Anyone meditates in park at night?What is your expirience?

not a park, but this weekend i will be meditating out in the forest at the opening of a cave.

edit> a little circle walking under the full moon too

Edited by zerostao

You seem to live in such a nice place zerostar.

OK anyone I just remeberd cemeteries -they are quiet and outdoor,anyone meditates there?Rats could be disturbing I suppose,as there are loads around in my exepirience.

Sign in to follow this