Sign in to follow this  
Dagon

Do tree's ground energy?

I was wondering if you guys felt that meditating against a tree grounds your chi?

It feels like a really really slow flow to me.

Then when I go away it feels like a stronger steadier flow.

Edited by Dagon
  • Like 1

Laying face down on the ground, relaxing every muscle, feeling the tension releasing into the earth. Then reverse the process; feel the pulse of your heart inside you, your energy moving, think of sharing it with the earth. Picture the pulse going out with each heartbeat.

Seeing manitou in the trees (the faces and forms you see - which results in an emotional exchange with the tree. Often funny, sometimes sad or compassionate). Talking with the manitou and holding your hands on the trees is wonderful.

Enough can't be said for gently hugging trees, slowly embracing them, letting them know you're coming first. Be respectful of the tree; be respectful of the vines you step on to get there. Wrap your arms gently around the tree and feel the electrical connection. It has consciousness as well. Thank it for everything it's done for us, for making oxygen, for shading us, for feeding us.

To see trees in small groups is fun and another way to interact with them. Sometimes one will look like a choir director holding his baton high, in front of 4 or 5 small children. Sometimes one will be swaying backward in laughter, standing in front of some old troll of a tree that's telling him a joke.

As Don Juan would say, a shaman is never alone. An afternoon spent in the company of trees, only with a human that understands, is the most grounding experience in the world. You'll feel 5 years younger.

• Like 3

So is it like I give the tree wei chi (or what would you call it)?

And he grants me like a root chi?

Sorry if I don't understand properly, I'm new at this.

Edited by Dagon

Laying face down on the ground, relaxing every muscle, feeling the tension releasing into the earth. Then reverse the process; feel the pulse of your heart inside you, your energy moving, think of sharing it with the earth. Picture the pulse going out with each heartbeat.

Seeing manitou in the trees (the faces and forms you see - which results in an emotional exchange with the tree. Often funny, sometimes sad or compassionate). Talking with the manitou and holding your hands on the trees is wonderful.

Enough can't be said for gently hugging trees, slowly embracing them, letting them know you're coming first. Be respectful of the tree; be respectful of the vines you step on to get there. Wrap your arms gently around the tree and feel the electrical connection. It has consciousness as well. Thank it for everything it's done for us, for making oxygen, for shading us, for feeding us.

To see trees in small groups is fun and another way to interact with them. Sometimes one will look like a choir director holding his baton high, in front of 4 or 5 small children. Sometimes one will be swaying backward in laughter, standing in front of some old troll of a tree that's telling him a joke.

As Don Juan would say, a shaman is never alone. An afternoon spent in the company of trees, only with a human that understands, is the most grounding experience in the world. You'll feel 5 years younger.

What a beautifull post, thanx !

• Like 2

So is it like I give the tree wei chi (or what would you call it)?

And he grants me like a root chi?

Sorry if I don't understand properly, I'm new at this.

I have to leave those questions for others as I do not have a specific practice.

It doesn't really ground your Qi; trees energise wood energy (liver & GB).

Earth energy (spleen) itself will ground you as long as your liver Qi is flowing well. There are specific exercises for grounding and allowing this process to occur: Xingyi, Bagua, Xinyiba (the ones I know of), etc.

• Like 1

I feel my intuition is correct on this. We can trade or less stable (sporadic) energy for a more solid and slow energy.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Edited by Dagon

Also this is interesting, scientists have found trees produce electricity:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/03/the_new_power_p_1.php

Yall realize that pounding nails into trunks isn't good for trees? Try pounding a nail into your neighbor and see how he like it, lol.

Any incursion into the tree will create a path for disease and decay. That may be an acceptable loss for producing 'renewable energy' perhaps. But maybe there's a less invasive way to feed of trees?

8)

Yall realize that pounding nails into trunks isn't good for trees? Try pounding a nail into your neighbor and see how he like it, lol.

Any incursion into the tree will create a path for disease and decay. That may be an acceptable loss for producing 'renewable energy' perhaps. But maybe there's a less invasive way to feed of trees?

8)

:) like your respect for trees and your avatar. you play baguazhang?

if anyone wants to explore energy exchnge with trees , just play some baguazhang with them. it may surprise you what will happen.

• Like 1

Do I just strike him with my palms?

I feel bad now about what you guys said about not mistreating him. He has a perfect enclave in which I can fit my body, and there happens to be a knott sticking out right in the middle where my back rests. I started peeling off some his bark there.

How can I make it up to him?

Do I just strike him with my palms?

I feel bad now about what you guys said about not mistreating him. He has a perfect enclave in which I can fit my body, and there happens to be a knott sticking out right in the middle where my back rests. I started peeling off some his bark there.

How can I make it up to him?

if you strike a tree with your palms, as myself and many others do in my neck of the woods, i hope you have a decent dit da jow to use before and after.(otherwise you will risk injury and permanent damage to yourself) you could just walk around the tree with your palm held flat against the tree as you circle it. :)

i do admit i also take bark from certain trees to use like herbs.

i have heard that when Bi Deng Xia first started teaching bgz to dong haichuan, the first instructions were to walk a circle around trees , and when the tree moved against dont haichuan , he should report back for the next lesson. it took 3 years of circling b4 dong haichuan felt the tree actualy move towards him.

• Like 2

Zerostao,

I noticed that you are into mycology as well. What fungus to you cultivate? I have been growing lentinula edodes and working on getting ganoderma lucidum going.

8)

Yes I reckon the power production is supposed to heal the tree once you've hurt it, not siphoned off. I surmise there is probably nothing you can do to "pay it back".

Reminds me of all the piezo-electric discussions on here.

Zerostao,

I noticed that you are into mycology as well. What fungus to you cultivate? I have been growing lentinula edodes and working on getting ganoderma lucidum going.

cool, i am starting to cultivate those as well along with a few others, maitake,morels. even if i do not

expect success with the morels. but in april/may i forage for morels out in the woods. you are growing in sawdust or in logs?

no one was curious about what dong haichuans second lesson in baguazhang was? :ninja:

I am most certaintly curious what the second lesson was.

Yeah morel are most tricky. I have never even attempted it.

Edited by Dagon

:) like your respect for trees and your avatar. you play baguazhang?

if anyone wants to explore energy exchnge with trees , just play some baguazhang with them. it may surprise you what will happen.

Sounds like a good idea. I've a bit of forest near my place where the ground is open around the trees...good for circle walking! Whenever I go for a walk I often take a route or two around as tree along the way ;) But perhaps not long enough to gain a sensitivity for its energy. I do like the idea of having a nice tall, straight tree in the center of a circle for bagua. Or maybe one of those spiral cedars they sell at garden shops might be more appropriate.

winter%20cedar%20spiral.jpg

When I used to do taichi in the park surrounded by big old trees I would treat them as masters and gassho them in the four directions as respect after I was done. I felt that they had something to teach me. One interesting thing I found is that some pines had a very aggressive energy about them. It made me think that trees are just like other beings--some are peaceful, others are violent.

Its a tree eat tree world!!

8)

Sign in to follow this