Sign in to follow this  
Birch

Do-be-do-be-do-be-do

Excellent advice, I think.

I like to talk about harmony in our life and the above is a perfect example of what I try to relate.

The last part of quotes context sounds kinda mixed up to me... for "Self" as alluded to in the upanishads and certain other teachings does not equate with "big mind" as also alluded to in certain teachings. Also the sentence speaking of "our mastery" or a mastery done by us so to speak can be tricky -- considering that the uncontainable, non-dualistic Spirit is the power that does it all.

Om

Right. But do you gather what the text suggests? I think (and have found IME) that perhaps "spirituality" could have downfalls one may not be ready for IF one remains within tradition (or within anything that maintains duality really :-) ). What I like about this stuff is it doesn't suggest separation of any kind at all AND yet suggests choice.

At least that's how I read it. I'm not up on upinshads.

• Like 1

Right. But do you gather what the text suggests? I think (and have found IME) that perhaps "spirituality" could have downfalls one may not be ready for IF one remains within tradition (or within anything that maintains duality really :-) ). What I like about this stuff is it doesn't suggest separation of any kind at all AND yet suggests choice.

At least that's how I read it. I'm not up on upinshads.

"to be or not to be" does not occur to the Tao, what manner of freedom is that?

("with to be or not to be" being an apparent choice, yet if one were one with the Spirit which also includes an indestructible "bliss" such a choice would not occur in that context for such a choice is already made beyond the ups and downs of relative happiness, further the nature if you will of Spirit uses any and all means including traditions, vehicles or souls to "go far and return" even though it never really left.

Om

Edited by 3bob

Sign in to follow this