Encephalon

West Coast taoists on Cross-country Exodus

LOL! Better get packing!

And don't worry Manitou. I've got plenty of weed to share. :)

:lol: love light hearted amusement!

I'd have left here a long time ago if I didnt have a son to look after...

...judicious usage of tools, money, and resources....combined with a strong sense of rely-on-yourself, not imposing one's will on others to tell them how to live, a realization that one size NEVER fits all, not remotely well at any rate....well, I guess that would technically make me more of a libertarian. I dont care what people do so long as they're not harming or screwing over others, directly or indirectly. and that includes feeling entitled to things that are not theirs....which is another thing I love about spiritual practices - there is no spiritual welfare...you cant say "well Wang Li Ping, Max, John Chang...pick your favorite fireworks...is hoarding all of these resources, look how powerful they are and nobody else can have it." HA HA HA. You CAN have it, you just have to work for it!!!!!!!!! :P

Just like with anything else worth having in life. :)

• Like 2

"Drawing inspiration from the 60's cross country acid-fueled journey by Ken Kesey and The Merry Pranksters, (except this one is powered by chi and french-fry grease), this rag tag bunch of awakened beings is up to some "serious fun" en-route to give their East-Coast compadres a 'metaphysical hot-foot'. Buddhists must ride on top of the bus on the luggage racks and will serve as wait-staff to the Taoist contingent. Breakfast will be served by Vajrahridaya and Sunya, a couple of derelict 'dharma hobos', and will be Taoist Toast with khechari nectar. Wearing burgundy colored Snuggies, the bums are on the road with merriment and hi-jinks aplenty. Innocent people in small town America along the way getting more than their fill of "indian burns, underpants snuggies, and Three Stooges style whoop-de-do in their faces". Run out of several towns already in Caifornia, ringleader Blasto's stated aim is to "find Drew Hempel, wherever he may be, and if unsuccessful, to bring out the 'inner Drew Hempel' in everybody..."

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth
  • Like 2

Some of us Angelenos have already skipped time zone. You guys mind snagging me on your way through Iowa? I promise to help you dispose of your greens properly. =D

Heheh-- I thought Blasto was posting a real news article until he started listing off forum members.

Some of us Angelenos have already skipped time zone. You guys mind snagging me on your way through Iowa? I promise to help you dispose of your greens properly. =D

Maybe if you can swing by YaMu's goat farm in MO we can pick you up there.

Maybe if you can swing by YaMu's goat farm in MO we can pick you up there.

I'm headed to the Indiana workshop in a few days. That work?