manitou

Nei-Yeh chapter 10

With a well-ordered mind within you,

Well-ordered words issue forth from your mouth,

And well-ordered tasks are imposed on others.

Then all under heaven will be well-ordered.

"When one word is grasped,

All under the heavens will submit.

When one word is fixed

All under heavens will listen."

It is this (word "Way") to which the saying refers.

When he speaks of well-ordered words and well-ordered tasks, this condition must certainly be after a great deal of work. I would think well-ordered words are simple words; perhaps the least required to make a point, without involving the temptation to egoistically throw in liberally our genius. Well ordered words transcend argument; it's as though the sage gets up to the next level, the level above the argument, and ties things up neatly from that angle, transcending argument.

But well-ordered words must be words without ego, without self-pity, without envy, without anger, without pride; they must be the words of the uncarved wood; in the simplicity shines the beauty.

Becoming the sage, finding the simplicity, taking the straight road to the center to find Clarity, Love, and Compassion; I think these are all part of our quest; otherwise, why are we here?

Well-ordered words.

Reminded me of back in the old days when I was in the Army. One of my assignments was at the Army Signal School as an instructor in my profession, field communications.

One of the most boring sections of the course I taught was on antennas. Very hard to get the students motivated to actually be curious about the subject.

I found a way to link the importance of the antenna to the ability to communicate and the ability to communicate could possibly save your life. After I learned to present this concept well at the beginning of the introductory class the testing success rate of the students improved dramatically.

Perspective.

Speak to the ego from that perspective.

Speak to individuality from that perspective.

It is very hard when you are looking from a perspective of oness and speaking to one that is looking from individuality.

I think this is for those who want to teach.

So either you bring them to your level or you go to theirs, so that the words will then have the same meaning.

So either you bring them to your level or you go to theirs, so that the words will then have the same meaning.

Excellent concept.

What's that old saying? When in Rome be as the Romans. Attain the level of the people/person you are speaking with.

MMMMmmmmmm

That kinda works as long as there's no wish on their part or intention on yours for them to move onwards and upwards from where they are right now to where they seek to be.

For example...

"Welcome to QiGong 101.

In order not to confuse your limited understanding; we shall not be using either Chinese words or Taoist concepts during this course"

Now there's a class you would not seek to remain in, if your intention was to learn something useful.

Edited by GrandmasterP