DalTheJigsaw123

Alternative High Cholesterol Remedies?

I am not willing to take pills at 25:(

The reason for high Cholesterol is mostly genetics...

As I run 3 or 4 times a week with Yoga and Zen Meditation daily.

Thank you!:)

I am not willing to take pills at 25:(

The reason for high Cholesterol is mostly genetics...

As I run 3 or 4 times a week with Yoga and Zen Meditation daily.

Thank you!:)

Cholesterol is a necessary functional chemical in your body, assisting with all sorts of enzymatic reactions. It's a massively useful helper molecule, despite the demonization western medicine has given it.

Your levels of it, however, are a function of genetic factors, yes, but moreso of dietary ones. Many foods with the right kind of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats will help to increase levels of LDL and decrease HDL, while keeping your overall cholesterol levels healthy and low. Sad to say, but the Standard American Diet is completely to blame. Eat to heal, don't supplement to stave off.

Cholesterol is a necessary functional chemical in your body, assisting with all sorts of enzymatic reactions. It's a massively useful helper molecule, despite the demonization western medicine has given it.

Your levels of it, however, are a function of genetic factors, yes, but moreso of dietary ones. Many foods with the right kind of mono-unsaturated and poly-unsaturated fats will help to increase levels of LDL and decrease HDL, while keeping your overall cholesterol levels healthy and low. Sad to say, but the Standard American Diet is completely to blame. Eat to heal, don't supplement to stave off.

I usually have a veggie/raw and once or twice a week meat, but it's only chicken.

I have been eating a lot of sweets and have been eating burritos...

Yea, my parents eat a lot of butter and salt,sugar, but I stopped myself.

About 5 years ago, it was actually pretty good, but now it went up.

My cholesterol is 186.... Goodness! It should be around 80 or so...

That is insane!!!

I try to pay attention to what I eat and how much as well as putting in the workouts.

I don't do weight lifting any longer, as I messed up my bones, limbs and the like from heavy lifting at least 6 years ago.

I am focusing mostly on Zen Meditation/Yoga for stretching and building muscle. Jogging and Walking as well.

I usually have a veggie/raw and once or twice a week meat, but it's only chicken.

I have been eating a lot of sweets and have been eating burritos...

Yea, my parents eat a lot of butter and salt,sugar, but I stopped myself.

About 5 years ago, it was actually pretty good, but now it went up.

My cholesterol is 186.... Goodness! It should be around 80 or so...

That is insane!!!

I try to pay attention to what I eat and how much as well as putting in the workouts.

I don't do weight lifting any longer, as I messed up my bones, limbs and the like from heavy lifting at least 6 years ago.

I am focusing mostly on Zen Meditation/Yoga for stretching and building muscle. Jogging and Walking as well.

You need cholesterol to make hormones. 160-200 is a healthy range for it. Look at your LDL/HDL ratio.

• Like 1

Garlic can be very helpful with this, heres an article talking about it My link

Let me just add that a healthy diet is the only cure we really need, take away or slowly remove animal products which are the cause of cholesterol, meat and dairy. Also let me strongly warn you against using the drug Lipitor, my dad was on it for 3 years and it virtually ruined his nervous system, he is still recovering from the effects of it. In general I would strongly recommend sticking with natural remedies unless there is no other choice.

Edited by surfingbudda

Conventional approaches to high cholesterol are in short: bullshit.

If you want another perspective, I can recommend reading a blog of this US cardiologist who continually has great success with a dietary and supplementary (meaning mostly vit D) approach to heart-health. The information is spread out to the blog so a little reading is required, but that's really the best way to get the big picture.

www.marksdailyapple.com

look up all the cholesterol stuff on his site.

I really believe he knows what he's talking about.

This link might be worth checking out. http://www.paulingtherapy.com/

From what I have read on the site - Linus Pauline has won 2 nobel awards in his lifetime and he reckons heart disease can be treated and reversed with high doses of vitamen c, lycine and prolene. He proposes that this will also reduce cholesterol to normal levels.

Edited by jasmer

I know some who have had great success with this:

1 cup raw ginger

1 cup raw garlic

1 cup fresh lime juice

1 cup apple cider vinegar (real, not flavored)

Put everything in a food processor and blend down to tiny bits, smaller the better.

Then reduce/simmer on stove to 3 cups.

Let cool then add 3 cups honey.

Take one tablespoon a day every morning.

I know one guy who had coated arteries (per doctor) and after taking western meds it didn't help. Said he took this for 6 months or so and went back to the doc who asked him what he was doing because his problem cleared up.

This is what he told me. I've been taking it ever since but no history of cholesterol issues... couldn't hurt.

HTH...

Edited by Baguakid

"will help to increase levels of LDL and decrease HDL"

I think you probably mean that the other way around: Increase HDL and VHDL and decrease LDL and VLDL.

The idea is to get more healthy and not more sick, right? :-)

Sounds like a good salad dressing also. :-)

I know some who have had great success with this:

1 cup raw ginger

1 cup raw garlic

1 cup fresh lime juice

1 cup apple cider vinegar (real, not flavored)

Put everything in a food processor and blend down to tiny bits, smaller the better.

Then reduce/simmer on stove to 3 cups.

Let cool then add 1 cup honey.

Take one tablespoon a day every morning.

I know one guy who had coated arteries (per doctor) and after taking western meds it didn't help. Said he took this for 6 months or so and went back to the doc who asked him what he was doing because his problem cleared up.

This is what he told me. I've been taking it ever since but no history of cholesterol issues... couldn't hurt.

HTH...

Sounds like a good salad dressing also. :-)

Edit, should be 3 cups of honey at the end... not 1.