Gauss

A British boy remembers his past life - Channel 5 reports..

Reincarnation is for real, it is just becoming more and more obvious to people as each day passes....

Also David Deutsch, famous Quantum Mechanics professor, has affirmed that human beings have bodies existing in other time-space dimensions simultaneously as our current flesh body...

http://www.personalgrowthcourses.net/st ... before.htm

Reviews:

"A curious and completely fascinating tale" - Sunday Mirror

"A moving and fascinating story - guaranteed to have you glued to the screen" - Daily Record

http://www.octoberfilms.co.uk/productio ... ry=science

A British Boy Who Remembers His Previous Life

* Mind Body

[PureInsight.org] Do people really have previous lives and future lives? The Sun,

a UK newspaper, reported a story of a boy who remembers his previous

lives. This six-year-old boy is called Cameron Macaulay. He is not much

different from other boys of his age. What differentiates him from

others is that he likes to talk about his "old mum", his former family

and a white house standing on the bay. But none of them is related to

his current life. The place he is talking about is a place where he had

never been in this life and is on the Isle of Barra, 160 miles away

from where he is living now. These things make Cameron's mother feel

worried.

Cameron's memory of his previous life

Cameron's mother Norma, 42, said that Cameron began to tell tales of his childhood on the Isle of Barra.

Cameron spoke about his former parents, how his dad died, and about his

brothers and sisters in the previous life. He also said that his "old

mum" was the one in his previous life. Cameron believes that he has a

previous life and he worries that the family in his previous life

misses him. His nursery school teacher told Norma all the things

Cameron was saying about the Isle of Barra and how he misses his mummy

and his brothers and sisters there.

Norma said, "He complained that in our house there was only one toilet,

whereas in Barra, they had three. He used to cry for his mummy. He said

she'd be missing him and he wanted to let his family in Barra know he

was all right. Cameron felt very sad. He wouldn't stop talking about

Barra, where they went, what they did and how he watched the planes

landing on the beach from his bedroom window. "

Cameron even said his dad was called Shane Robertson, who had died

because "he didn't look both ways." (It probably means that his father

was hit by a car.)

Norma mentioned that they had never been to the Isle of Barra. At the

beginning, they just regarded Cameron's story as something from his

vivid imagination. Cameron continued to feel sad for leaving the home

in his previous life on the Isle of Barra, and his feeling of distress

lasted for several years.

One day, Cameron's nursery teacher told Norma that a film company was

looking for people who believed they had previous lives. She suggested

Norma talk with them about Cameron. But Norma's family felt frightened

since many people didn't believe in reincarnation. Norma is a single

mother and has another son, Martin, who is one year older than Cameron

and also has been affected by this thing. Meanwhile, Cameron kept

begging her to take him to the Isle of Barra. Norma eventually

decided to take Cameron to Barra, to see what they could find.

Visit the Isle of Barra

Norma contacted the film company. They joined Cameron's trip to Barra.

Psychologist Dr. Jim Tucker from Virginia University in the U.S. also

went with them. Dr. Tucker specializes in reincarnation, especially in

children's cases. When Cameron was told about the trip to Barra, he was

very happy and jumped all over the place. They went to Barra in

February of 2005.

Norma said that Cameron asked her if his face was shiny because he was very happy.

When they arrived at Barra and the plane landed on the beach,

everything was just as Cameron had described. He turned to Martin and

Norma and said, "Now do you believe me?"

When Cameron got off the plane, he waved his arms and said loud "I am

back." He talked about his mother in his previous life who lived at

Barra and told Norma that his mother at Barra used to have long brown

hair down to her waist before she cut it off.

Cameron also said that Norma and his Barra mother would like each other and he was eager to have his two mothers meet.

He also talked about a big book which he read and God and Jesus. Norma

said that her family is not religious, but it seemed that Cameron's

Barra family in his previous life was.

In Barra, they lived in a hotel and began to search for clues related

to Cameron's previous life. They contacted the Heritage Centre and

asked if they knew a Robertson family living in a white house on the

bay. The Heritage Centre said no, which made Cameron feel very

disappointed. They then drove around on the island but they didn't find

the white house.

Later, they realized if he could see the place's land on the beach,

they must have driven the wrong way. Meanwhile they received a call

from the hotel with confirmed information that there was indeed a

Robertson family living in the white house on the bay.

Norma said that they didn't tell Cameron about it and drove to the

direction where they were told the white house was and to see what

would happen. When they got there, Cameron recognized the white house

immediately and he was extremely happy. When they walked to the door,

Cameron became very quiet. Norma guessed that he must think that his

Barra mother was waiting for him in the house as he remembered. But it

turned out that there was no one in the house, he looked sad. The

former owner of the house already died. The person who kept the key let

them in.

Cameron was familiar with the house and he knew every bit of the house.

As he said, there were three bathrooms and the sea could be seen from

his bedroom window.

After Returning Home

Researchers also wanted to track down one member of the Robertson

family who owned the house. Norma said that they visited this member at

Stirling. But they couldn't find any information about Shane Robertson.

Cameron was eager to see the photos of his previous life family,

thinking that probably he could find his father or himself. He always

talked about a big black car and a black and white dog. The car and the

dog were both in the pictures. Since they came back home in Glasgow,

Cameron became much quieter.

Norma said that it was the best thing to go to Barra. This trip made

Cameron much happier and he doesn't talk about going to Barra any

more. Cameron now knows that his mother and brother don't think

he is making up stories, instead, they found the answers that they were

looking for. Apparently, memories about previous life will fade away

gradually along with the growth of the person's age. Cameron never

talks about death with Norma. But he told his best friend not to worry

about death, because you will still come back.

When Norma asked Cameron how he came to stay with her, Cameron said

that he fell down and went into Norma's abdomen. When asking him

about his previous name, he said he was named Cameron in his previous

life as well.

Cameron's story has been filmed into a documentary by TV Channel Five in the U.K. called "The Boy Who Lived Before."

Epilogue

There are some stories about recalling one's previous life in Chinese

historical records. For example in the fourth biography of Jinshu

(Book of Jin Dynasty), it records that the well-known militarist and

writer, Yang Hu, had been the son of his neighbor Mr. Li in a previous

life.

There are some scholars who are studying reincarnation in children. Dr.

Jim Tucker mentioned earlier is one. There are other scholars like

Carol Bowman who wrote a book called Children's Past Lives: How Past Life Memories Affect Your Child and Ian Stevenson who is the author of the book Children Who Remember Previous Lives.

Many detailed cases they have collected all prove the existence of reincarnation.

Cameron's story also tells people that our lives are actually

continuous. Living and death are merely a form of existence. As Cameron

told his best friend, don't worry about the death because you will just

come back again.

Bad deeds committed by people will not vanish when evildoers die. People should remember this and never commit anything evil.

Reference:

"The Boy Who Lived Before"

I have a hard time understanding this video because of the accent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIV8jKN4 ... re=related

• Like 1

Reincarnation is a myth. There is no scientific evidence to support the concept. None whatever.

People make up stories. Then they or others start believing them. They are nothing but delusions.

However, if one wishes to believe in such things that is their choice. We do still have the freedom to believe what we will.

• Like 1

Hi Gauss,

I had to make that post above. No offense is intented toward anyone who believes is such matters. It should be obvious that I do not. (Hey!, I am a Materialist, so I have been told.)

I did look at the link. And yes, I did notice the words "parapsychology" and "pseudoscience".

And yes, I am very stubbornminded in areas where a concept is not consistent with the processes of nature. We, none of us, cannot escape the processes of nature.

Oh, sure, I love life and would really love to live it over and over again.

Reincarnation is for real, it is just becoming more and more obvious to people as each day passes....

We use the term rebirth rather than reincarnation, since it implies a defined and immutable spirit. Rebirth isa concept more in accord with the principle of impermanence as it shapes every single phenomena in Samsara: from mental processes to life and death (karmic in nature) eternal cycles.

We use the term rebirth rather than reincarnation, since it implies a defined and immutable spirit. Rebirth isa concept more in accord with the principle of impermanence as it shapes every single phenomena in Samsara: from mental processes to life and death (karmic in nature) eternal cycles.

Interesting view. Thanks for sharing. Can you difine the word "Samsara" for me?

And yes, I am very stubbornminded in areas where a concept is not consistent with the processes of nature.

You may be interested in current quantum mechanics research confirming that you have simultaneous bodies in many time-space dimensions, hence you will "never" die since your other bodies will still be alive(unless you loose all your virtue they say):

http://www.pureinsight.org/node/1225

Scientists Discovered the Existence of Many Worlds

* Astronomy and Physics

Printer-friendly version

Author:

Mo Xinhai

Has anyone ever imagined, while looking up at the starlit sky, that within this immensely colossal universe there exist innumerable parallel universes? Scientists have discovered that there are many versions of us in each of the innumerable worlds in the universe where each version of us does different things. "All possible events, all conceivable variations of our lives, must exist." [1] All types of matter have their own characteristics, as well as forms of evolution and existence, in each world. This may sound like fiction, but the "many worlds" theory is the exact interpretation of quantum mechanics.

"The credit goes to Hugh Everett, whose 1957 Princeton doctoral thesis first presented what has come to be called the 'many worlds' interpretation of quantum mechanics." [1] Later on, Dr. John Wheeler developed the theory further. Dr. Wheeler was the most famous astrophysicist in the U.S., an expert on the Theory of Relativity, and one of the leaders of the Manhattan project team that developed the plan for atomic bombs, as well as the team that built hydrogen bombs during World War II. Fifty years after that, the "many worlds" theory continues to attract generations of physicists who are devoted to the development of the theory. The renowned physics professor, David Deutsch, at Oxford University is representative of these physicists.

Dr. Deutsch is "one of the world's leading theoretical physicists." [1] The Discover magazine had a special interview with Dr. Deutsch and published an article in September 2001, where Deutsch briefly explained the theory of "many worlds".

Since the beginning of the 20th century, quantum physicists have been puzzled by some phenomena that seemed completely in conflict with the world of big physics according to Newton and Einstein. "On the quantum scale, objects seemed blurred and indistinct, as if created by a besotted god. A single particle occupies not just one position but exists here, there, and many places in between." [1] These phenomena are completely different from our experiences in daily life, and puzzled most physicists.

Physicists have tried to explain these phenomena, but strictly speaking, none of these interpretations made sense at a mathematic level. It wasn't until the 1950's that the mystery was solved by the "Many Worlds Theory". Many researches have shown that each electron in the experiments "seems able to exist in many different places at once --- but only when no one is looking. As soon as a physicist tries to observe a particle, the particle somehow settles down into a single position, as if it knew it was being detected." [1]

"To grapple with the contradictions, most physicists have chosen an easy way out: They restrict the validity of quantum theory to the subatomic world. But Deutsch argues that the theory's laws must hold at every level of reality. Because everything in the world, including ourselves, is made of these particles, and because quantum theory has proved infallible in every conceivable experiment, the same weird quantum rules must apply to us. We, too, must exist in many states at once, even if we don't realize it. There must be many late-rising David Deutsch's, earths, and entire universes. We live not in a single universe, says Deutsch, but in a vast and rich 'multiverse'." [1]

"Under normal circumstances we never encounter the multiple realities of quantum mechanics. We certainly aren't aware of what our other selves are doing. Only in carefully controlled conditions, as in the two-slit experiment, do we get a hint of the existence of what Deutsch calls the multiverse." [1] Deutsch, as the master in the field of the theoretical physics, believes that there is no alternative way of looking at quantum mechanics. These experiments were built upon strict mathematic equations and repeatable experiments.

At the end of the article, "Deutsch argues that physicists who use quantum mechanics in a utilitarian way--- and that means most physicists working in the field today--- suffer from a loss of nerve. They simply can't accept the strangeness of quantum reality. This is probably the first time in history he says, that physicists have refused to believe what their reigning theory says about the world. For Deutsch, this is like Galileo refusing to believe that earth orbits the sun and using the heliocentric model of the solar system only as a convenient way to predict the positions of stars and planets in the sky. Like modern physicists, who speak of photons as being both wave and particle, here and there at once, Galileo could have argued that earth is both moving and stationary at the same time and ridiculed impertinent graduate students for questioning what that could possibly mean." [1]

Picture 1: The "many worlds" interpretation of quantum physics suggests that these students at Oxford, as well as the rest of us, have twin counterparts in a nearly infinite number of other universes.

Picture 2: In Deutsch's view, every option we've ever had in life, including the choice to walk through a gate or to pass it by, has been taken by at least one of our shadow selves somewhere in the quantum multiverse.

Reference:

[1] DISCOVER Vol. 22 No. 9 (September 2001) http://www.discover.com/sept_01/featsecret.html

You may be interested in current quantum mechanics research confirming that you have simultaneous bodies in many time-space dimensions, hence you will "never" die since your other bodies will still be alive(unless you loose all your virtue they say):

That is not true! That is only speculation by pretend scientists who have nothing better to do but imagine all sorts of fantasies.

If it is not a varifiable fact then it is nothing more than theory, hypothesis, or fantasy.

We should not confuse 'what is' with 'what might be'. This leads only to illusions and delusions and lost time of living one's life.

It cannot even be proven that there are any other universes other than this one we are consciously aware of. (I do hold to that possibility though.)

And yes, a photon can be viewed as either a particle or a wave but I suggest that what we observe depends on the amount of time of the observation. It is a wave, it can seem to be a particle if we look at it for an extremely short period of time. (All matter in the universe is energy in some configuration. Energy is dynamic, not static.)

I remember seeing a fascinating program on past life regression. What became clear is that people had access to knowledge and information beyond their cultural and lingusitic background. Examples were:

Hi Rex,

Yes, I have heard of these instances as well. But my first request upon hearing something like this is to ask for details of the supposed examples as well as proper scientific review of the details of the reports. Every one of them has fallen into the black hole. To the best of my knowledge not one has ever been scientifically supported.

All I ever ask for regarding concepts such as this is factual proof and the repeatability of the supposed experience.

Now, once again I will repeat something I have said many times: If it helps a person through their life and harms none other then I suggest is good for that person.

Reincarnation is a myth. There is no scientific evidence to support the concept. None whatever.

People make up stories. Then they or others start believing them. They are nothing but delusions.

How would you define scientific evidence Marbles? There is no scientific evidence that I ate a cake last week yet I have a memory of eating a cake last week (not a good one either). How could I prove I ate a cake last week bearing in mind I've already chucked the rubbish out and my body has, by now, got rid of all trace elements?

In fact the only way I could prove to you that I did eat a cake last week would be either by telling you I remember eating a cake, or by dragging you around to the cake shop and hoping they remember me buying the cake. Although, they still couldn't prove I actually ate the cake (and neither could I).

Now you may say that bearing in mind you have the experience of having once eaten a cake, you therefore believe it's entirely possible that I ate a cake last week, but that assumption would be just as much a potential fallacy as potentially reincarnation is. Although by the previously mentioned cake eating rationale, if I find one other person who has past life memories also, I'm good to go!

That is not true! That is only speculation by pretend scientists who have nothing better to do but imagine all sorts of fantasies.

:lol:

You might be right..... but can you prove it?

Anecdotal story-

A girl I know told me that her parents told her (because she was too young to remember), that as soon as she started to talk, she would always identify herself by a name that wasn't hers, and would talk about what she did at work, which was acting as some assistant physician somewhere in Geneva. Her parents corrected her until she got it right, then the girl forgot about it, but her parents told her about it as one of those joke, "guess what you did when you were a baby?" kind of stories.

Anyway.

That is cool. Whether this particular case is true or not, I am happy to see more study around this issue, and to see it getting more publicity.

Even Carl Sagan himself, one of the most prominent atheists and hardcore skeptics, in his 1997 book Demon Haunted world....Carl Sagan has suggested that there are potentially three claims in the field of parapsychology which have at least some experimental support and "deserve serious study", as they "might be true"

(1) that by thought alone humans can affect random number generators in computers;

(2) that people under mild sensory deprivation can receive thoughts or images "projected" at them;

(3) that young children sometimes report the details of a previous life, which upon checking turn out to be accurate and which they could not have know about in any other way than reincarnation.

So there you have it, even a big time materialist gave in a little bit when it came to Reincarnation.

So there you have it, even a big time materialist gave in a little bit when it came to Reincarnation.

I'm not an expert on Sagan, what he said, or how he said it, but from the way you presented it in your post, he didn't give in a little bit with regards to reincarnation.

He merely pointed out an occurrence which runs counter to what we would normally expect, and consistently does so, and would merit further observation and inquiry.

Marblehead is right...the many worlds theory is only a theory, not a fact. As far as it goes, it may answer some issues posed by quantum mechanics, but it also does so by increasing complexity. A many worlds theory is also popular in philosophy as a method of making sense of the concept of truth.

Be that as it may, even if we suppose many worlds are real, we don't need to conclude that 'we' 'have' many bodies in many worlds. The concept of ownership and identity should be revised. That is, there is not necessarily anything binding all these 'versions' across multiple dimensions. They are not 'me' because only I and me, so to speak.

OTOH, if we separate consciousness from the phenomenal world, and understand the mind/body as nothing more than a continuous part of the phenomenal world, we might see how consciousness could range over multiple dimensions and preserve the idea that 'here and now' is the only reality.

We might imagine that all possible worlds exist as books in a library, where each book tells a story slightly different from the one beside it (one word different, one sentence, one paragraph...etc). All the content of the possible world is contained in the words of the story (the complete phenomenal manifold). This includes the definition and description of the protagonist--the 'you' or main character. 'You' don't exist except in and through a story in a book.

Now, there is also a reader of the story--consciousness. This reader has a simple nature, to open a book and read, i.e. to illuminate a particular story. It is purely a narrator, and it only reads one story, opens one book, at a time. But it is free to open any book and start reading any story at any point. It is not constrained by the books or the stories and its nature has no connection to the main character it reads in the stories.

In this analogy all possible worlds are books with stories, and they are all fixed, i.e. written, for all time. Nothing is added or taken away; the stories are complete. IOW, each possible world is deterministic, or static in all dimensions. Consciousness is the reader, which alone has freedom, as it is not ultimately constrained to any particular book or story. Consciousness can and does 'choose its own adventure' and can either read a story straight through cover to cover (i.e. live a life) or move through a series of books at key decision points (skip through possible worlds). In the latter sense, consciousness can carve a unique path through all possible worlds merely by 'reading' a page in an adjacent book. However, it does so seamlessly so everything appears continuous as if it was reading a single book.

---

Further, using memory as evidence is not evidence of actual rebirth. That is, as in the above tale, we can't necessarily say that 'Cameron' is the 'same' Cameron as he claims he was in a previous life. All he has is the set of memories. It may be that he accessed these in some other way, e.g. by having access to the 'book' of old Cameron, and not necessarily by actually 'being there', by having been Cameron.

So, many worlds theory is not necessarily a ground for the assertion of rebirth, nor is past-life memory necessarily grounds for asserting a continuity of a soul or person.

8)

However, if one wishes to believe in such things that is their choice. We do still have the freedom to believe what we will.

I'm a pretty skeptical guy, but for some reason I picked up one of the books Gauss mentioned at the library and took it home. It was written by a professor who was also skeptical but had money to burn from grant on the subject. The hard evidence is amazing. There are a huge number of kids younger then 7 who remember past lives, even in America where its not on our radar. There are too many stories to dismiss.

Some of the evidence goes as deep as birthmarks that look like the death wound that killed the former person. Its not in the Western paradigm so we overlook it. But in India its considered such common knowledge that the researchers were over whelmed, they didn't have to travel to find cases, they were everwhere.

On the other hand, from the book I read there was no clear cut relationship between young childrens memories and karma. No clear trail of good or bad. Even to link the memories with reincarnation might be tenuous. The new lives were mostly disconnected from their old and at about 6 or7 the memories faded.

Its fascinating though. In this world there is very little hard knowledge of what happens after we die (& what our true nature is), but this subject offers some tantalizing evidence and may open the door for more questions then answers.

Michael

• Like 1

There are too many stories to dismiss.

This is always what I've thought.

A fascinating subject.

Many thanks to the OP for bringing it up.

How would you define scientific evidence Marbles? There is no scientific evidence that I ate a cake last week yet I have a memory of eating a cake last week (not a good one either). How could I prove I ate a cake last week bearing in mind I've already chucked the rubbish out and my body has, by now, got rid of all trace elements?

In fact the only way I could prove to you that I did eat a cake last week would be either by telling you I remember eating a cake, or by dragging you around to the cake shop and hoping they remember me buying the cake. Although, they still couldn't prove I actually ate the cake (and neither could I).

Now you may say that bearing in mind you have the experience of having once eaten a cake, you therefore believe it's entirely possible that I ate a cake last week, but that assumption would be just as much a potential fallacy as potentially reincarnation is. Although by the previously mentioned cake eating rationale, if I find one other person who has past life memories also, I'm good to go!

The question is: Does it matter to anyone if you ate a cake last week?

But if you felt it really mattered you would have made a video of the event nad presented that video to those people you thought it was important to. And if anyone questioned the validity of the video you could have it analized by experts.

The reason I am making a fuss here is that I think it is a waste of a person's life to spend much time dreaming about a better life somewhere. If you don't like you current life than change it through honest, constructive action.

Believing in Bigfoot or ghosts helps nothing and in fact, probably worsens a person's mental stability.

But I desagree with your last paragraph conclusion. There is a world of difference between me believing that you ate a cake last week and believing that you are a reincarnation so some person who lived a long time ago and god spoke to you and said that you are the to be the new coming.

:lol:

You might be right..... but can you prove it?

I have no need to prove anything. I just want others to think as little before accepting the Easter Bunny as the reincarnation of Jesus.

• Like 1

Anecdotal story-

A girl I know told me that her parents told her (because she was too young to remember), that as soon as she started to talk, she would always identify herself by a name that wasn't hers, and would talk about what she did at work, which was acting as some assistant physician somewhere in Geneva. Her parents corrected her until she got it right, then the girl forgot about it, but her parents told her about it as one of those joke, "guess what you did when you were a baby?" kind of stories.

Anyway.

Perfect example of what I am talkinng about. Thanks!

You cant discount other ways children could absorb information about such things, children absorb everything like a sponge so something like a tv or radio documentary going on in the background when they are playing when they are very young could implant enough information in their subconscious for them to one day express the information "out of nowhere" speaking in a foreign language or talking about events they could have never physically experienced.

Also children can pick up other peoples stories and pain very easily energetically, for example I have heard about children of holocaust survivors drawing and talking about concentration camps even though their parents had never directly talked to them about it, yet I don't think they are reincarnated Jews killed in the camps rather they pick up on the wounds and pain contained within the family energetically without a word being said. I see no reason why children cant absorb all sorts of stories and information energetically from people.

Hi Rex,

Yes, I have heard of these instances as well. But my first request upon hearing something like this is to ask for details of the supposed examples as well as proper scientific review of the details of the reports. Every one of them has fallen into the black hole. To the best of my knowledge not one has ever been scientifically supported.

All I ever ask for regarding concepts such as this is factual proof and the repeatability of the supposed experience.

Now, once again I will repeat something I have said many times: If it helps a person through their life and harms none other then I suggest is good for that person.

MH,

There is a huge misconception about the "Scientific Method". The objective scientific method is extremely limited in it's scope, given that it would only consider measurable, reproducible, quantifiable data as scientific. This paradigm is a legacy from the times of Newton...and it is only valid for things that follow newtonian law.

For phenomena such as reincarnation, the only credible evidence these days are empirical...in that a scientist researches and records cases, interviews subjects and tries to ensure that no foul-play exists (ie no cheating, no delusion). So, from the basis of statistical analysis of this empirical data, one can conclude that reincarnation is possible. It can never be proven with 100% accuracy that it DOES happen. Similarly it cannot be proven with 100% accuracy that it DOES NOT happen.

I would recommend you watch a movie titled "The Quantum Activist". It is a documentary on Amit Goswami, a Prof of Quantum Physics. He explains very nicely why the paradigm generally known as "scientific method" is flawed and why. He makes some really reasonably arguments, especially in context of Quantum Physics.

Edited by dwai