sean

The Tao Bums Interview with Bruce Frantzis - March 2011

Thanks for reviving this thread taodancing, and thanks to Sean for taking the time to get such an indepth interview done.

FWIW here is my Question and his Answer:

"Ok, last question! Could you tell us 3 simple things we could do every day to enhance our lives and our harmony with Tao, no matter what system or path we are following? Three things, three simple things.

BF: The first one is: learn how to breathe, learn how to breathe, learn how to breathe better.

If you’re going to know anything about chi, you should learn how to breathe really well

with your entire body. The Taoist breathing system is unique and powerful.

The second is the process of recognizing what is going on and separating what is really

happening inside you from the infinite series of distortions that can happen at any level;

physical, mental, emotional, psychic, or karmic.

The third thing is simply that if you want to approach the Tao and live your lives in

harmony, start really looking at whether your life is in balance and do whatever is

possible for you to put your life in balance.

This usually means looking at what’s really important in your life. We can get filled up

with so many things that don’t mean much but in terms of what our life is like from the

inside, if you’re going to be in balance, it’s a useful thing to start looking at what’s

important and what doesn’t matter.

This comes down to two very simple words that run through every Taoist and Chinese

culture. One is wu suo hui which means it doesn’t matter if it happens. The other is you

suo wei, it matters.

So as an example: “Should I go to the beach or should I go skiing on my vacation?”

Well, that’s really a wu suo hui thing, whereas, “Should I let a dog chew my foot off or

not chew my foot off?” That’s a you suo wei thing because it’s really hard to move

about without a foot. So what is irrelevant? What is relevant? That’s going to require

going into that and that’s going to be quite a journey.

Taking what is inside of you and being able to work that out is a good place to start.

Thanks to all the Tao Bums readers and to Sean for keeping this forum alive. I wish you

the best on your path.

Bruce Frantzis

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Seven traffic accidents in seven years? One for each chakra. It would be nice to talk to his spiritual guide. There is definitely a message for him in these accidents.

• Like 1

By the way, it appears that his health has improved considerably. From this recent video, I would guess that he has lost about 100 pounds since I saw him five or six years ago, during his accident-prone period.

• Like 2

By the way, it appears that his health has improved considerably. From this recent video, I would guess that he has lost about 100 pounds since I saw him five or six years ago, during his accident-prone period.

A very interesting video. Thanks for posting.

My 2 cents, Peace

If someone could reupload the interview that would be great. The link isn't working anymore. Thanks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alchemistgeorge said:

You can find the PDF on scribd, I think it is free, at least at first.

https://www.scribd.com/document/132904043/The-Tao-Bums-Interview-With-B-K

Frig.. it was our interview.  Could someone w/ scrbd get it and reprint it here; where it started.

maybe cutting and pasting as normal text if possible. 

Edited by thelerner