Sign in to follow this  
C T

IP MAN (The Movie/Wing Jun Kung Fu)

Hi everyone!

Just bought this today

(trailer) and thoroughly enjoyed the movie!

I know some of you who are keen Martial Artists and practitioners will like it, especially the Wing Jun students. There is a second part as well - trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkHvX_XluS0&feature=related

Part one traces his life in China, and part two in Hong Kong.

Both movies are really good, but i slightly prefer the first part.

I really enjoyed the first movie, but I haven't seen the second one yet. I practice Wing Chun, my SiFu's lineage traces back to Duncan Leung, one of Ip Man's disciples. :)

I really enjoyed the first movie, but I haven't seen the second one yet. I practice Wing Chun, my SiFu's lineage traces back to Duncan Leung, one of Ip Man's disciples. :)

There is a pt 3 also.

Though the movies are great the history is very innacurate, even bogus.

Edited by Non

Saw the first one and really enjoyed it.

Couldn't really get into the second one, but maybe it was just 'cause I wasn't in the mood.

Though the movies are great the history is very innacurate, even bogus.

Sometimes movies can be entertaining and inspirational without being factually accurate.

Hey, that's brilliant! :) How long have you been practicing?

Ever heard of this Sifu?

Was told by a friend, a Wing Jun teacher in Texas, that he is one of the best in the US.

Hey, that's brilliant! :) How long have you been practicing?

Ever heard of this Sifu?

Was told by a friend, a Wing Jun teacher in Texas, that he is one of the best in the US.

I've heard of Gary Lam, but never met him. Who's your Wing Jun friend in Texas? I'm in Houston. :)

I'm a newb, I've been training for less than a year. I absolutely love it though, I never feel more alive (or sore!) than after a class. I'll be starting weekly private lessons in a few weeks as well.

I've heard of Gary Lam, but never met him. Who's your Wing Jun friend in Texas? I'm in Houston. :)

I'm a newb, I've been training for less than a year. I absolutely love it though, I never feel more alive (or sore!) than after a class. I'll be starting weekly private lessons in a few weeks as well.

:) Will PM you... maybe the two of you can hook up. He is in Austin.

i saw part one, was really cool. i have seen 3 movies this year with english sub titles and loved all 3. this one, also the girl with the dragon tatoo and taoist wizard.

Sign in to follow this