Sign in to follow this  
little

Sexuality and Geniuses?

From time to time I read that alot geniuses in history had a certain sexual orientation. Its either celebacy, a- or homosexuallity.

e.g. Leonardo, Newton, Tesla, Sidis and such

If creativity is related with sexual energy there should be a noticable connection into a certain directions.

I would like to limit geniuses here to inventors and people with remarkable mental abilities.

So is there a relation and if yes to what type of sexuality?

So what kind of sexuality did these people you mentionned have as far as you/we know?

They're all said to have been celibate which is not asexual per se, I guess they were expressing the same force on another level. I think as long as the intensity and the imagination of fullfillment that is the nature of the sexual urge remains (subconciously) bound to orgasm with a beautiful woman and ejaculation the desire nature that brings forth everything is pretty limited in expression.

I don't think homosexuality is helpful in particular. Maybe some of the past genius were thought of being homosexuals because they didn't react to women the expected way and showed love for their male friends. I think physically acted out homosexuality can lead to energetic congestions as there is no complementary balancing. However tender affection for someone of the same gender is not homosexuality.

• Like 1

So what kind of sexuality did these people you mentionned have as far as you/we know?

It is suspected that Leonardo and Newton were homesexual.

Tesla and Sidis were celebate or asexual.

Tesla wrote something in the direction that after sex he couldn't think as clear as he was used to and that a success/invention was much more fulfilling.

Sidis said that women never interested him.

• Like 1

I think they just didn't know the secrets of non-ejaculatory daoist sexual practices and neotantric sex. ie karezza.

so they either had no choice but to be celibate because of scarcity of knowledge or women to practice it with.

Edited by Non

I think they just didn't know the secrets of non-ejaculatory daoist sexual practices and neotantric sex. ie karezza.

I had the same thought. But where are the daoist/karezza geniuses? ;)

Don't know, would be interesting to have a study on this. But on the other hand high level genius is rare.

I dont understand how it can actually be transmuted to some other cause. It will always still contain a degree of physical expression. If it's expressed by creative means for example through music then the music will just have a tinge of sexuality in it. Whoever does this is perhaps subconsciously seeking physical sexual reward through their creative expressions and perhaps makes their music impressionable to the opposite sex.

It will never be really pure of the physical expression... The only way to do this is perhaps to fully become asexual through prolonged periods of celibacy such that the body rewires it's dopamine seeking capabilities, but I don't know if it's a guarantee. It will always be towards creating something with reproductive value.

The normal person at laest nowadays simply cannot do this. A person must first perhaps deny and neglect himself.

Edited by Non

I would say a large percentage of creative Geniuses have been Gay men.

We owe them a lot.

We vilify and disparage them, because the Idea of Homosexual sex makes us feel uncomfortable, yet They have massively enriched our culture with their works.

Respek!

• Like 2

Napoleon Hill was big on this connection

http://www.reuniting.info/wisdom/mystery_of_sex_transmutation

Interesting website. Karezza is something I might be interested in trying.

I think persecuted minorities (historically the case w/ homosexuality) often end up creating works of genius. Society dismisses them so they don't need to follow societies rules and restraints, wallah you get works of genius.

Well Bach had like 22 wives and was known for his sexual "prowess". I don't think that would influence his ability to "tap source" though, I think he just loved sex :P Musicianship imo is all about tapping that part of your brain, the part that "feels". Come to think of it, sex would kinda fall into tht category too huh? maybe thats all it is, tapping the right brain rather than the left. Or maybe they had active pinneal glands or sumthing, who knows.

But yeah Karrezza rock, especially when you have exp with kunlun/yi gong ;)

-Astral

• Like 1

@Seth Ananda: Examples? And is their contributions because they were gay? Or maybe because they weren't absorbed by a lady's psyche / family and stuff? Anyway, I don't want to depreciate them.

• Like 1

Well Bach had like 22 wives and was known for his sexual "prowess". I don't think that would influence his ability to "tap source" though, I think he just loved sex :P Musicianship imo is all about tapping that part of your brain, the part that "feels". Come to think of it, sex would kinda fall into tht category too huh? maybe thats all it is, tapping the right brain rather than the left. Or maybe they had active pinneal glands or sumthing, who knows.

But yeah Karrezza rock, especially when you have exp with kunlun/yi gong ;)

-Astral

What has kunlun done for your karezza? I am intrigued.

@Seth Ananda: Examples? And is their contributions because they were gay? Or maybe because they weren't absorbed by a lady's psyche / family and stuff? Anyway, I don't want to depreciate them.

Oscar Wilde, Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo I think, Truman Capote, Walt Withman, Andy Warhol. Strictly speaking they wern`t`gay I think but many, most or maybe all of the ancient greek philosphers had some gay sex. Salvador Dali was bisexual but not gay.

Well according to my Chinese history class many of the biggest contributors to the development of TCM (many of which were "Daoist" scholars) were not celibate and lived long live, in some cases very long lives. The only one who was celibate lived only to about 60-70 years old, but it seems he read the most books and was extremely studious since he was very young so he made a compilation. It kinda seemed like he was also an outcast and may have even had some of the usual male virgin quirks and oddities of being alone all the time. Then he lived a short life so...

So this seems opposite to the West.

Edited by Non

Thanks for that link on Napoleon Hill. I'll be reading that.

So it seems that actually it's not mere celibacy.. it's using the sexual drive which REQUIRES inspiration from WOMEN to create somthing.

it does not mean a person just become celibate. It means getting the inspiration from women, perhaps in thinking that maybe a woman will be impressed or something if you do this or that.. but if you want to hold onto that creative energy then don't have the sex. It's tantric or like karezza I guess.

But it doesn't work if one has the wrong ideas about sexuality, and is destructive. Ie if a person holds shame about his sexuality or holds the idea that all women are messed up, or that he's missing out on something by not having sex. It would not work if the woman he thinks about is destroying him and hurting his feelings. Or the rest of society gets to him. or if he thinks he's the only one not getting any, etc.

It also doesn't work if hte guy thinks he'll never get any. It works when he KNOWS he can get sex when he wants to but he's putting it aside for the best time because he can get it whenever he wants to. If he has low self esteem or really bad experiences and no help it will just destroy him.

Edited by Non

What has kunlun done for your karezza? I am intrigued.

I perfer to say "yigong" because I don't practice red phoenix. For me personally i'm able to feel feminine energy quite strongly and I respond to it quite favorably. Whether I'm absorbing her energy or simply reacting to it i'm not sure, but simply being in the presence of females sets off chains of spinal orgasms. Of course females aren't necessary however they make it much easier. Normally you have to sit in a posture and let yourself go. I've found in the presence of females all you have to do it relax a bit. This of course increases your own energy which can then be sent back to her and you create a wheel, sort of like a small orbit using two people.

Fasting/ raw diet high in fruits also increases one's sensitivity and energy. If used in conjunction you'll have quite a bit of "fun" in your practice. Do yigong for awhile, then try fasting or a fruit diet. Expect to be surprised ;)

-Astral

EDIT: As for the actuall practice of karrezza, the point is to sensitize yourself to eachothers energy and create a harmony. Yigong sensitizes you and increases your energy, thus I'd say it properly prepares you for karrezza so when you do it you're not just sitting there bored for the first week or two...or three or four...

Edited by Astral_Anima

I perfer to say "yigong" because I don't practice red phoenix. For me personally i'm able to feel feminine energy quite strongly and I respond to it quite favorably. Whether I'm absorbing her energy or simply reacting to it i'm not sure, but simply being in the presence of females sets off chains of spinal orgasms. Of course females aren't necessary however they make it much easier. Normally you have to sit in a posture and let yourself go. I've found in the presence of females all you have to do it relax a bit. This of course increases your own energy which can then be sent back to her and you create a wheel, sort of like a small orbit using two people.

Fasting/ raw diet high in fruits also increases one's sensitivity and energy. If used in conjunction you'll have quite a bit of "fun" in your practice. Do yigong for awhile, then try fasting or a fruit diet. Expect to be surprised ;)

-Astral

EDIT: As for the actuall practice of karrezza, the point is to sensitize yourself to eachothers energy and create a harmony. Yigong sensitizes you and increases your energy, thus I'd say it properly prepares you for karrezza so when you do it you're not just sitting there bored for the first week or two...or three or four...

drewhempel #2 with the OaDs.

as for the fruit diet Im not sure it's the optimal diet especially because it takes a transition.. and it's a lot of sugar. if it's high fruit then make it low glycemic at least most of the time.

I eat a diet of mostly dark leafy greens and veggies with some nuts/seeds and algae powder to give me more protein. Sometimes I add in a small amount of low glycemic fruits in the salad. later on after about 3-6 months as per Gabriel Cousens book I'll start incorporating more fruits, but really I think this is good.

Edited by Non

drewhempel #2 with the OaDs.

as for the fruit diet Im not sure it's the optimal diet especially because it takes a transition.. and it's a lot of sugar. if it's high fruit then make it low glycemic at least most of the time.

I eat a diet of mostly dark leafy greens and veggies with some nuts/seeds and algae powder to give me more protein. Sometimes I add in a small amount of low glycemic fruits in the salad. later on after about 3-6 months as per Gabriel Cousens book I'll start incorporating more fruits, but really I think this is good.

Ur right, the greens also work. Actually perhaps better than the fruit. Algae especially ;)

And these aren't "O's at a D". I can allow spinal orgasms to occur anytime I want. I'm just saying it's easier in the presence of a female. And perhaps orgasm is a bad word but it's the closest thing I can think of to compare it to. It's a large cluster of energy focused in one point and then multiplied and dispersed. It started between my shoulder blades. It's up to my neck, got to the base of my head a few times. I think it's just the MCO opening up.

I've never heard the word kareeza before this but seems like I've fallen in some of its practices. Just being intimately connected and one person breaths in as the other breaths out is something I've done for years. I get the feeling kareeza is the Tai Chi of sex :)

Michael

From Taost/TCM 's viewpoint, sex definitely is related to intelligence for how healthy our hair, bone ,teeth and marrow is basically dependent on the status of our jing ; In TCM , our brain is always referred to as the " sea of marrow ".

However , behind our jing , there is a deeply hidden force located between our kidneys that governs it , which we call it the meta-jing. This meta-jing, sometimes also be called the taiji in our body, has yin and yang two aspects , and the balance of them is crucial to the growth and health of our mind and body . Too weak the yin side will make it incapable of counteracting the opposite yang force , which can give rise to the late or incapable closure of some children 's fontanel , or too young at an age ,some children showing a talent close or equal to genius , yet in either case , unfortunately always leads to early death.

However, in Taoist cultivation , such a dilemma can be solved by creating a pure yang mind at a new level, disentangling from the limitation of yin , that enables us to have an intelligence tenfold of a genius.

Edited by exorcist_1699

However, in Taoist cultivation , such a dilemma can be solved by creating a pure yang mind at a new level, disentangling from the limitation of yin , that enables us to have an intelligence tenfold of a genius.

How does one create a pure yang mind?

How does one create a pure yang mind?

Please read those links under the recent topic: The Taoist/Buddhist debate .

Edited by exorcist_1699

West Hollywood, the gay mecca in L.A., has a very wealthy and productive population.

I don't think there's anything mysterious going on, just a sign of how much work you can do and money you can make, when you're not trying to raise children. Likewise for figures throughout history; they're undistracted, so they produce better.

Sign in to follow this