Sign in to follow this  
Friend

Qigong and Singing

Qigong Singing.

Your thoughts, methods?

Q

I am the wife of Bill (tumoessence)

I am a certified voice teacher for children and adults of all skill levels. Although I don't call it Quigong, it is essentially what I do: using directed energy flow to support the tone. In other words, in my method the energy is just as much a tone carrier as the air.

The Tao-principle of balance applies always: including the back-space direction in one's awareness in addition to the front to create "surround sound". Adding, through energy direction (Qigong imaginations),an upward movement with intervals or melody-lines going down; adding downward movements, grounding, with intervals and melody-lines leading up; To create the sound space needed to color the voice just right, imagination of widening and opening must accompany the physical opening; The feeling-mode of all singing activity should be at a high vibration: one of enthusiasm, joy, close to laughter. In a nutshell, the singing activity shifts from paying attention to the body and organs themselves to the energy flow arround them. This gives power to the voice without physical effort.

E.C.

Edited by tumoessence

I am the wife of Bill (tumoessence)

I am a certified voice teacher for children and adults of all skill levels. Although I don't call it Quigong, it is essentially what I do: using directed energy flow to support the tone. In other words, in my method the energy is just as much a tone carrier as the air.

The Tao-principle of balance applies always: including the back-space direction in one's awareness in addition to the front to create "surround sound". Adding, through energy direction (Qigong imaginations),an upward movement with intervals or melody-lines going down; adding downward movements, grounding, with intervals and melody-lines leading up; To create the sound space needed to color the voice just right, imagination of widening and opening must accompany the physical opening; The feeling-mode of all singing activity should be at a high vibration: one of enthusiasm, joy, close to laughter. In a nutshell, the singing activity shifts from paying attention to the body and organs themselves to the energy flow arround them. This gives power to the voice without physical effort.

E.C.

Hi. Very interesting remarks. I am developing my qigong voice, so to speak, as an adjunct to my healing skill. I was was wondering if you are having your students make visualizations for what you are talking about, the surround sound, the melody lines. Thanks.

Hi. Very interesting remarks. I am developing my qigong voice, so to speak, as an adjunct to my healing skill. I was was wondering if you are having your students make visualizations for what you are talking about, the surround sound, the melody lines. Thanks.

I work with imagery primarily, yes. It is very important in this work to keep the mind from falling into the trap of intellectual thinking, but instead occupy one's attention completely with visualizations and listening. Depending on the need of the student, these visualizations can vary greatly. It could be flowing water, rising fog, sun-rays through the clouds, high-domed cathedrals, shiny traintracks, deep roots into the ground, unfolding wings in the back, cobra hoods..... New images present themselves to me as I work. This work is very spiritual, artistic and therapeutic at the same time.

One example: as I practice the scale as an exercise, I can sing the scale upwards as I imagine my energy flow downwards through the chakras. (Here I combine 1st and 2nd, then move to the knees and then the bottom of the arch of the feet) then reversing the image as the scale decends again.

E.C.

Edited by tumoessence

I would LOVE to session to the sound of your voice!

Favebook spectrum vidavlan

Edited by Spectrum

Sign in to follow this