bamboo

David Shen Verdesi

Hey Pee Pole,

Found a site of a student of Grandmaster Wang Liping in Italy. He looks like the real deal, and the testamonials are a shining resume of his extraordinary energy mastery. Interesting information on his site about the foundational practices of the Dragon Gate school. http://www.traditionaltao.com/index.html/html/site-section/ID/1

Anyone trained with David?

Edited by bamboo

There is no such thing as the lei shan dao, this is a term made up by Verdesi himself.

Verdesi used to charge (and probably still does) tens of thousands of dollars for very basic teachings.

If you want access to his forum it will set you back a few hundred dollars, the price may have increased since I last checked.

He was all for wang li ping, until other groups sprung up providing cheaper ways of meeting him and cheaper lessons on his teachings, then he hated him and trash talked him all day and night.

I personally bought one of his DVDs, there is a pyrokinesis demo where a bald man lights straw over a drain hole on the sidewalk. I broke it down frame by frame, and he obscures his hand with the straw from the camera, and looks as though he lights it and drops the lighter into the drain. Absolutely t-total show magic.

I wouldn't waste one moment pursuing this guy, or that max kunlun guy, both are frauds with cult like followings.

Hey Pee Pole,

Found a site of a student of Grandmaster Wang Liping in Italy. He looks like the real deal, and the testamonials are a shinning resume of his extraordinary energy mastery. Interesting information on his site about the foundational practices of the Dragon Gate school. http://www.traditionaltao.com/index.html/html/site-section/ID/1

Anyone trained with David?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

There is no such thing as the lei shan dao, this is a term made up by Verdesi himself.

Verdesi used to charge (and probably still does) tens of thousands of dollars for very basic teachings.

If you want access to his forum it will set you back a few hundred dollars, the price may have increased since I last checked.

He was all for wang li ping, until other groups sprung up providing cheaper ways of meeting him and cheaper lessons on his teachings, then he hated him and trash talked him all day and night.

I personally bought one of his DVDs, there is a pyrokinesis demo where a bald man lights straw over a drain hole on the sidewalk. I broke it down frame by frame, and he obscures his hand with the straw from the camera, and looks as though he lights it and drops the lighter into the drain. Absolutely t-total show magic.

I wouldn't waste one moment pursing this guy, or that max kunlun guy, both are frauds with cult like followings.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Who provides good, reasonably priced instructions of Dragon Gate energy work?

Of the DG lot i've contacted here, practically no one has responded.

Is there a practice group here in the uk?

Edited by bamboo

They have the dragon gate us school.

http://dao-de.org/

I heard they might be releasing training material in book form for all the people that can't make it to the yearly retreats.

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Who provides good, reasonably priced instructions of Dragon Gate energy work?

Of the DG lot i've contacted here, practically no one has responded.

Is there a practice group here in the uk?

I heard they might be releasing training material in book form for all the people that can't make it to the yearly retreats.

Interesting. I wonder what that book would cost...

Bamboo, $3900 is simpy ridiculous and no normal person can afford that. Anyway from what i have read about the kathy li branch of DG recently, i wouldnt be in a great rush to go there either. I read here about another Wang Liping branch in New York (i think?) offering the same techniques and more at an affordble rate.

As for david verdesi i would steer clear of him as hes a known con man who only wants your money.

Thanks.

As for david verdesi i would steer clear of him as hes a known con man who only wants your money.

Thanks.

Thanx TTB that would seem to be the recurring theme.

I'm doing allright with Jenny Lamb's yigong, so i'll sit tight.

Edited by bamboo
  • Like 1

The retreat I went to was like $300 in the usa. I'd hold out for the release of the book if you can.

Thanx TTB that would seem to be the recurring theme.

I'm making out allright at the moment with Jenny Lamb's yigong, so i think i'll give the Wang Liping gravy train a wide birth for the time being.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

If i would make a business out of it, i wouldn't put much in a book of sorts, lest it would spoil my darn steady seminar income!! :lol: So do not trust a hope

Edited by Little1

If you are not willing to pay then don't go. Simple enough.

The practice have already been collected and published in book formats in China since the 80s and yet more and more people would like to learn from Master Wang every year. I personally would like to see an up to date English edition published but it takes some times, a revised up to date Chinese version is still in work.

The teachings won't be given out cheaply (btw, "TheTaoBum", the $3900 current price is insisted upon by the NY group)and if you don't agree with the price, do not attend the seminar, end of story.

Final words on Verdesi, actually i don't have much to add, a search on the forum will yield plenty of info. But just let you know he was kicked out from China in 2009 and he attempted to sell contact info one last time back then for Master Wang and his other teacher Jiang for 23,000 and 46,000 Euro respectively. I think he has a new website now, I haven't been there for a long time but last time I saw, he claimed to have found a hidden Indian lei shan dao linage or whatever :lol: , how convenent that he now find an Indian lineage not long after he was banned from China?? ^_^ I will let you dwell on that.

Edited by Ken

Just want to add that I went to study with Master Wang last year with the NY group and I paid the same price. So I don't get any personal advantage by supporting and promoting any Master Wang's classes.

Just want to add that I went to study with Master Wang last year with the NY group and I paid the same price. So I don't get any personal advantage by supporting and promoting any Master Wang's classes.

If I may ask, how many days and how many hours was the NY seminar? What did you personally get out of it? How did it help your development.

One thing I've read from people who've practiced with Master Wang is the high commitment; dedication and daily practice regimen he asks for. Does he require 3 to 5 hours a day?

Thanks

Michael

There wasn't any NY seminar. What I meant was I went to study with Master Wang with Jeanette from NYC who organized the April seminar in China last year.

A typical daily schedule in the seminar is movement exercises in the early morning (6am-7am) but it's up to you if you want to do it or not. A sitting session in the morning and afternoon ~1.5 hrs each. Movement exercises in the evening ~7pm for an hour (again optional and up to you). Sleeping practice at 10pm (40 mins - 1 hr).

If I may ask, how many days and how many hours was the NY seminar? What did you personally get out of it? How did it help your development.

One thing I've read from people who've practiced with Master Wang is the high commitment; dedication and daily practice regimen he asks for. Does he require 3 to 5 hours a day?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Ken,

no disrespect to nyc dragon gate, i just think it's a little expensive for me.

If i may, i would like to enquire as to what you actually learn at one of these 10 day intensives. To get an idea whether it's worth making my bank account very upset with me.

It seems odd to me that the movement exercises are optional, but you do sitting mostly.

I read a blog on the net by someone who went to an intensive with David Shen. He said they began sitting practice, and Grandmaster used a technique called ye li [or something like that], which forced the chi down into the legs to open all the channels of all the people sitting. He said it was excruciating, and the best you could hope for was that your legs went numb. It felt like your meridians where going to burst and splatter the people next to you :o Is that what your sitting practice was?

I thought that maybe you would have been taught some kind of foundational moving exercise that you practice daily, between intensives, to help you progress.

Edited by bamboo

Anything verdesi or his cult following has to say can safely be thrown into the garbage can, he is also level 4 and fused his yin and yang and can shoot thunderbolts out his arse.

Hi Ken,

If i may, i would like to enquire as to what you actually learn at one of these 10 day intensives. To get an idea whether it's worth making my bank account very upset with me.

It seems odd to me that the movement exercises are optional, but you do sitting mostly.

I read a blog on the net by someone who went to an intensive with David Shen. He said they began sitting practice, and Grandmaster used a technique called ye li [or something like that], which forced the chi down into the legs to open all the channels of all the people sitting. He said it was excruciating, and the best you could hope for was that your legs went numb. It felt like your meridians where going to burst and splatter the people next to you :o Is that what your sitting practice was?

I thought that maybe you would have been taught some kind of foundational moving exercise that you practice daily, between intensives, to help you progress.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Anything verdesi or his cult following has to say can safely be thrown into the garbage can, he is also level 4 and fused his yin and yang and can shoot thunderbolts out his arse.

LMFAO :lol:

it's funny and sad at the same time ... I also heard that his nose used to be a lot shorter 10 years ago, but the more teaching he provides the longer that thing gets...

• Like 1

I heard he was 9 feet tall.

It is expensive (to me personally also), it's a fact so I don't see any disrespect and I am sure none is taken. Now that you mention dragongate nyc, just to be fair I need to add that the official sanctioned representative of Master Wang is laoziacademy.us who has his official seal of approval on top of their website front page. I will not write any further about these two organizations and please don't ask, there have been much "discussions" already.

Regarding the "optional" movement exercises, in a sense everything is optional, it is up to you if you want to do them or not now that you have spent so much money for the classes. No one is gonna to force you to do anything, it's your own practice.

In the classes you learn methods of authentic internal alchemy, I am just going to list their names and you can look them up in Opening the Dragongate. I would like to write/translate about the specific purposes of these practices in the future but for now you can look at them in the book: Yin Xian Fa, Ping Heng Gong, beginning practices of Secrets of the Golden Flowers (such as negong lines and Method of Intelligence etc).

Finally a few words on "ye li", actually it should be "ya li (压力)", it's not a "technique", ya li literally means "pressure" in English. I am not sure how it was translated to cause this confusion. It could have gone something like this:

Verdesi's follower: Master Wang, why do my legs hurt so much when we do the meditation?

Transltor: (derp derp derp)

Master Wang: It's because of the ya li of the qi field. (in Chinese)

Translator: (derp derp herp derp)

Verdesi's follower: OMG, Master Wang use his special ya li technique to compress my legs.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Ken,

• Like 2

I think i remember this post. It was written by Sean Denty sometime ago after he attended one of Master Wangs seminars. I will post it below with the link.

http://www.traditionaltao.com/index.html/html/site-section/ID/18

It was a sobering week, which certainly reflected David’s words. The excitement of meeting Wang Liping, was quickly overshadowed by long painful sittings were Sifu Wang used his abilities to create a field of external pressure that literally pressed in on us, magnifying the usual discomfort of sitting for over and hour by several times. We were asked not to move at all during training sessions while Sifu, in his gentle, pleasant voice, ordered us to simply obey his commands like good solders as he led us through each training session, occasionally adjusting our qi and the color and quality of our individual fields

End of Quote !

The Tao Bum.

Edited by TheTaoBum

I think you're just insanely jealous because Verdesi has trained with so many authentic masters. You're bitter because he is living the life you want, getting real daoist lineage transmissions while you have to resort to fake neigong manuals. Maybe more luck in next life.

I think you're just insanely jealous because Verdesi has trained with so many authentic masters. You're bitter because he is living the life you want, getting real daoist lineage transmissions while you have to resort to fake neigong manuals. Maybe more luck in next life.

I was all for verdesi (except his outrageous prices) till I got his dvd, I remember thinking WTF is this shit. That turned me off to him completely. Have you seen the max kunlun guy's video and crap. It's almost as unbelievable as that.

http://www.lamathunderbolt.com/largetrailer.htm

I think his Sifu Jiang (sp) may be legit from the reports of one person I know who has met him independently of Verdesi. I don't know if he is legit or not however.

Verdesi as it stands though is nothing more than a middle man, you pay him shit tons of money to get some basic training you could get from a book off amazon, and when you've fed his wallet enough he might introduce you to some master he knows.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Bamboo, $3900 is simpy ridiculous and no normal person can afford that. Anyway from what i have read about the kathy li branch of DG recently, i wouldnt be in a great rush to go there either. I read here about another Wang Liping branch in New York (i think?) offering the same techniques and more at an affordble rate.

Thanks.

TaoBum, you are an intelligent, reasonable, seeker of mastery. Ken here acts like he's knowledgeable, but honestly, he is simply an old friend of kathy li and takes every opportunity to show his bias. Jeannette is a direct contact for Grandmaster Wang as she is the one who studies three times per year with Grandmaster but Ken studied but only once and thus knows nothing about what is 'official'. Ken's bias is reinforced by not having spoken with Grandmaster directly for about a year; since the April 2010 intensive! he has no basis to determine who is 'official'.

Let it be known that Jeannette at Dragon Gate Academy in New York is every bit as Official as kathy. the only parties with this 'official problem' are kathy and kevin (husband) and yes, apparently their good friend, Ken. The New York branch supports Grandmaster Wang without ego. kathy seeks dominion; this is the difference.

Jeannette was very kind and helpful to me because i am a full time student; she made it possible for me to study with Grandmaster. She is really an awesome person, an enlightened student volunteer receiving absolutely no financial compensation. i want to say that she is the REAL, serious student whereas some others just have serious ego issues. The New York branch is growing rapidly; the current students practice twice per week together as a group and look forward to attending the April 2011 Intensive. Very few students come only once to an Intensive with Grandmaster because they make so much progress that they naturally wish to progress even more.

TaoBum, i do hope you will join us one day; for an Intensive directly with Grandmaster. the value will be made very clear to you; the practice is absolutely priceless. this cannot be compared to a disjointed, low vibe, egoistical, weekend retreat with kathy. see, clearly, 'more pie' didn't learn anything to encourage your attendance! after that weekend retreat, two years ago, he may never be motivated to study directly with Grandmaster. Sad.

• Like 1

Right now I have priorities and spending 4K to go to China to study isn't one of them.

I am saving to get an acre of land, and a camper, and get the basics for life squared away. I want to work only part time after that and focus full time on training, when I have gone as far as I can with the teachings I have, then and only then will I consider going to china.

It would be very silly to waste master Wang's time, or any master for that matter until I have mastered full lotus, and the other basic meditations and exercises that have been taught. I expect a full 5 or more years of full time training 40+ hours per week to master all the teachings I currently have.

I might in the future seek out master Wang when I am in a position to do so.

TaoBum, you are an intelligent, reasonable, seeker of mastery. Ken here acts like he's knowledgeable, but honestly, he is simply an old friend of kathy li and takes every opportunity to show his bias. Jeannette is a direct contact for Grandmaster Wang as she is the one who studies three times per year with Grandmaster but Ken studied but only once and thus knows nothing about what is 'official'. Ken's bias is reinforced by not having spoken with Grandmaster directly for about a year; since the April 2010 intensive! he has no basis to determine who is 'official'.

Let it be known that Jeannette at Dragon Gate Academy in New York is every bit as Official as kathy. the only parties with this 'official problem' are kathy and kevin (husband) and yes, apparently their good friend, Ken. The New York branch supports Grandmaster Wang without ego. kathy seeks dominion; this is the difference.

Jeannette was very kind and helpful to me because i am a full time student; she made it possible for me to study with Grandmaster. She is really an awesome person, an enlightened student volunteer receiving absolutely no financial compensation. i want to say that she is the REAL, serious student whereas some others just have serious ego issues. The New York branch is growing rapidly; the current students practice twice per week together as a group and look forward to attending the April 2011 Intensive. Very few students come only once to an Intensive with Grandmaster because they make so much progress that they naturally wish to progress even more.

TaoBum, i do hope you will join us one day; for an Intensive directly with Grandmaster. the value will be made very clear to you; the practice is absolutely priceless. this cannot be compared to a disjointed, low vibe, egoistical, weekend retreat with kathy. see, clearly, 'more pie' didn't learn anything to encourage your attendance! after that weekend retreat, two years ago, he may never be motivated to study directly with Grandmaster. Sad.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2