Sign in to follow this  
NeiChuan

Different hours, for different recovery - Sleep

Been working out consistently. Only time I take breaks is when im sore an extra day.. I normally workout every other day.

Well my sleep schedule went haywire, I slept a good 8 hours each day but would return to sleep early morning and repeat. It started to conflict with exercise. Being I'd still be sore, even after 2 of these days with eccentric sleep patterns.

Usually with normal sleep time, starting sleep from anything 8 - 10 pm, or even 11. I have a day of rest, then after that I've recovered.

But with eccentric sleep paterns, even resting twice as long (2 days instead of one) im not as recovered.

What I wonder is do certain hours of sleep work for different things? Am I missing the hours that correlate with repairing muscle damage?

This question can go for many other things. Mind/emotions ect.

Edited by NeiChuan

Sleep is a very difficult topic I think.

I had a time when I was younger I could sleep 14-15 hours without having enough rest

regular sleep.

Doing Night Exercise improve my recovery in sleep - well backfired I feel me so well in bed and do not want go out, in the past I could not.

I also do a job which requires lots of raw strenth. But in the time I refine my movement

and biomechanics while doing the job and turning to a natural energy work at the same time balancing mind, body amd Spirit and I get massage which give me feedback on tension

that I do it correctly. An my sleep is irregular having 4 hours per day to 6 hours.

At weekend 10.

I am come to conclusion that one one has to know how to work to anatomical correct

same rules apply like in the martial arts to move all parts.

Second is to have the body enough moisted, with water not tea, coffee or whatever.

Plain water. A very important thing is breath natural correctly. One can breath natural uncorrectly and many waste reside in the body.

The next thing would be emotional calmness as emotional erruption lowers energy and mood, this again leads to positive thinking as it lead to the emotion.

Also 4 hours are enough since it is deep phase of the sleep so 8 hours average good.

This are all things you and most general people here know.

Something that is less known is that depending on when you sleep you will need

another length of sleep for recovery. The best time I found was in a Book which the title I forgot, but it mentioned to already in sleeping mode at 7.PM. One will wake up 10 P.M if the body is tired then one will sleep naturally more.

I find this sleep at the time most regnerating. Again it is only praticall a little bit boring. To be awake from 10 to all day. It is stressful to sit in the dark

with all people hearts at sleep and not social contacts and eletric lights . Good for learning and exercising and extreme time consuming practise.

And a thing is important is to eat and drink basic so that your body is less acid.

When you have tiredness a long bath would be good 1hour so you can let the acid out from you skin.

Q

Hm interesting about starting sleep at 7 pm. I'll try it. I slept at 9:40 tonight, woke at 3am literally 2 minutes before my brother came to the door haha

I use to sleep around 15- 20 hours a couple years ago (19 now). Now I sleep about 6 hours like you, and you're completely right about being hydrated. Have to drink alotta water, even before you sleep.

Hi NeiChuan. :) Friend made a point to mention electric lights. Are you familiar with blue light? Read the links in my post in the Full spectrum lights thread. If you tend to watch tv, use your computer or phone, or have lights on late at night, this could potentially alter your sleep pattern. Possibly "cleaning up" your space, of light, energy, or physical items, could be one way to assist you in getting better sleep.

That's awesome. Makes sense. Lotta my extra time goes to studying online/poker lol.

Thanks ^_^

Edited by NeiChuan

Hope you have ample winnings. :)

BTW -- There exist blue blocking glasses that employ a yellow filter if you want to stay up on the computer.

Would you have any recommendations? My job requires me to be in front of a computer screen for forty hours a week, something like that might really help me out.

It is my understanding that full spectrum light, which includes blue light, is good to experience during the day. But the blue light at night prevents the pineal gland from doing it's cyclical thing at night. Click the link in my previous thread and then continue to do a web search for information on blue light, sleep cycles and pineal functioning. I'm sure you'll find a boatload of info. :)

I use full spectrum lights all day and all evening and have experienced no sleeping difficulties. This could of course be different from person to person. I have noticed that when I go to sleep at 9 pm and get up at 4 am I feel the most rested.

Hope you have ample winnings. :)

BTW -- There exist blue blocking glasses that employ a yellow filter if you want to stay up on the computer.

Thanx ^_^

Alright I'll check em out

Sign in to follow this