RongzomFan

Seth Ananda please teach me about kundalini

You claim to be a kundalini master. I know you charge for this information on your website, but just give me a little bit of info to prove you are the real deal.

I tried to read your previous threads but I got lost between the aliens and the New Age style terminology.

• Like 1

alwayson, this does not strike me as sincere, in fact it is more or less open trolling.

i believe you are returning from a suspension, no?

and now your first acts are 1) to dig up a dead topic in the main discussion, link to a pit flame war, incite further drama and 2) create a topic that appears like a sarcastic, thinly veiled attempt to argue with another member.

please introspect on what role you truly want to have in this community, because at your current trajectory it's headed for a conclusion.

best,

sean

Some questions I have.....

1. What is kundalini?

2. What experiences have you had in this regard?

3. When have you experienced total omniscience?

alwayson, this does not strike me as sincere, in fact it is more or less open trolling.

i believe you are returning from a suspension, no?

and now your first acts are 1) to dig up a dead topic in the main discussion, link to a pit flame war, incite further drama and 2) create a topic that appears like a sarcastic, thinly veiled attempt to argue with another member.

please introspect on what role you truly want to have in this community, because at your current trajectory it's headed for a conclusion.

best,

sean

Do what you want bro. Its sad that I am viewed as the bad guy, even though I have documented repeatedly I only respond when attacked viscously by other forum members. And when I document that, I get into further trouble LOL. You guys are ridiculous. Between the mods, arrogant members and the scammers, Tao Bums really sucks.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17519-discourse-on-sramanism/

Again do what you want. I don't care. Tao Bums isn't my life.

Edited by alwayson

Do what you want bro. Its sad that I am viewed as the bad guy, even though I have documented repeatedly I only respond when attacked viscously by other forum members. And when I document that, I get into further trouble LOL. You guys are ridiculous.

I too, as I am guessing almost everyone else, see this thread as a thinly veiled attack on Seth Ananda. I can`t see that he had viscously attacked you before so why the attack. If it is not meant as an attack then why does your post feel so insincere and sarcastic?

I too, as I am guessing almost everyone else, see this thread as a thinly veiled attack on Seth Ananda. I can`t see that he had viscously attacked you before so why the attack. If it is not meant as an attack then why does your post feel so insincere and sarcastic?

This is not an attack on Seth Ananda at all.

Should he not explain his repeated claims and his severe trashing of other well known authors (over several threads)....especially in light of the scammers on taubums?

Edited by alwayson

Do what you want bro. Its sad that I am viewed as the bad guy, even though I have documented repeatedly I only respond when attacked viscously by other forum members. And when I document that, I get into further trouble LOL. You guys are ridiculous. Between the mods, arrogant members and the scammers, Tao Bums really sucks.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/17519-discourse-on-sramanism/

Again do what you want. I don't care. Tao Bums isn't my life.

it seems like you are processing some strong emotions right now about this forum and how you perceive yourself being treated here.

now you are calling out mods, members, saying the whole forum sucks.

i'm going to give you a 180 day break.

that's about half a year to disconnect, live your life, which you are saying TTB is currently not that important to anyway.

then, if you want, come back and see if you resonate with being a part of this community again, sans the antagonism.

peace,

sean

• Like 4

I only respond when attacked viscously by other forum members.

Those viscous attacks are the worst! I always feel like I'm covered in used motor oil.

• Like 3

Those viscous attacks are the worst! I always feel like I'm covered in used motor oil.

Viscosity is a dreadful thing indeed. I carry a can of paint thinner everywhere I go.

• Like 2

Cool, my own thread! :D

Sorry Alwayson, But I would 'Never' claim to be a kundalini master. I really doubt that I will ever be one, at least this time round, better luck next time?

I Just think its funny when Robert Bruce claims to have activated it as far as it goes. He really has no clue.

I do however come from an authentic Kundalini Linage [Kashmir Shavism], Have gone through the classical stages including some short experiences of Omniscience, and fairly frequently enter Unity {OM}

I also helped run a K support group from my lounge room for years, where I got very good understandings of how to work with it.

Far from Enlightenment that is. :(

• Like 3

Well I think Seth is probably sexier than RB. Given his Kundalini n' all.

No, I'm kidding, it's just the photo :lol:

Alwayson, maybe if you said "why" you want to raise kundalini? I know that stepping into this stuff from my own culture and background brought many things into question.

I realise the "why do you want to do XYZ" question tends to generate scorn on here - as if someone would just "know why" they want to do something and so no-one should everask.

I reckon because we are brought up to "not know" or at least have others around us who "know better" and make that plain as often as they can, I tend to think that the objection to this state of affairs, otherwise expressed as "I know" is one worth listening to (even if you actually don't know :-)).

And with that in mind IMO it's kind of pointless to call people out because they ostensibly "know" something you don't because then you're just playing straight into the thing you really want out of. Unless you actually don't want out :ninja: Plus it looks like you can get banned for shooting yourself in the foot. :huh:

I do however come from an authentic Kundalini Linage [Kashmir Shavism], Have gone through the classical stages including some short experiences of Omniscience, and fairly frequently enter Unity {OM}

I also helped run a K support group from my lounge room for years, where I got very good understandings of how to work with it.

Sweet, I never knew that. I would love to hear more about your experiences.

My apologies about the poor beginning to this thread. I hope that we can build it into something positive and helpful.

Due to his 6 month absence, let me follow up with his questions :)

Some questions I have.....

1. What is kundalini?

2. What experiences have you had in this regard?

3. When have you experienced total omniscience?

Actually the questions aren't bad. I'd love to get the perspective on K. from someone with experience and who comes from an established lineage school.

Sincerely

Michael

2 cents. People ask why K.? I think its because its literally considered a step up in ones personal evolutionary ladder. (course what the heck does that mean.)

• Like 3

i personally count Seth Ananda among the most legit people on this board, and i would very much like for him to break some stuff down and share some of that knowledge with us.

and, if you can fit it in, let a brotha know what you ultimately think about shaking practice. ;)

• Like 3

I hear a lot about it here but still know very little. It would be interesting to have someone really break it down. Not much Kundalini in my area unfortunately.

Edited by paulno

Argh! such convoluted questions...

First for some background, my K awakening was not In a traditional school, but happened when I was 19 as a result of doing at least 6 hours of meditation a day, without fail, for many many months, possibly close to a year at that time, but I can not remember exactly. I had also been doing long fasts, and locking myself away to pray, chant and meditate for days/weeks at a time without ceasing.

I had no guidance, and do not know where I got the energy for the extremes I put myself through. I was very Inspired by Yogananda's book. All the meditations I did were from books I had read.

I have described the details of the awakening elsewhere, so to be quick I had an utterly mind expanding, Life and personality transforming experience over 6 months, that ended in psychosis. I recovered.

Later that year I found a Kashmir Shavite Tantra school from Muktananda's Linage, [that was not related to gurumayai] and studied there extensively. I became good friends with the teacher, and eventually started teaching for him and helping run workshops. We lived together for a few years, and ran the K support groups. I did teacher training under him several times and now do some of the training of new teachers there.

But back to Kundalini. Once Its reached the top, giving you an experience of cosmic consciousness, and yes, moments of omnicience, everything changes.

On the first time up [which may take some time] There can be a lot of fireworks, Intense heat, crazy twisting serpent like sensations, horror and existential agony and bliss.

From then on much of those phenomena cease [or tend to] but K is not finished with you. From now she works subtly and slowly but just as powerful. And she works with an intelligence and grace that is surprising. She starts transforming you on a personality level, opening your Intuition and subtle senses deeper and deeper. And she always knows when you are ready, but not necessarily when Its convenient for you lol. It is still challenging at times, and I have been known to shout occasionally "Bitch, gimme a break!" but Its never to much any more, nor to frequently.

The other side is sometimes she is just such a gentle sweetness, that caresses one with love and bliss, disolving ones contractions, Into deeper and deeper openness. :wub:

As for what she is, who can really say? The traditions themselves have different theorys. My tradition would say she is the Goddess [shakti], in her role as grace lifting us back out of Ignorance.

It would also say that She is our dormant energy and Intelligence, freeing ourselves from Limitation and contraction.

To describe that view properly, ShivaShakti [consciousness/energy] create a world of limitation and dive on in just for the fun of it. when in, Shiva becomes Jiva, or a limited powerless and Ignorant being [us] but Shiva can never be truly powerless, so that potential lies dormant until Its time again to stop dreaming and start waking up. Kundalini is that power.

Another way of saying it would be that Spirit/Light condenses in a path down till it becomes Matter. Matter 'seems' to be solid and Inert but really has all the power of spirit in its core.

At some point that energy gets sick of being trapped and decides to return - Kundalini.

I have explored many systems and techniques for working with K, and there are some amazing ways to get It going, but, and thanks Hundun for bringing it up brother, I tend to think Shaking practice is the cream of the crop. There are a few processes that can be quicker, and are Highly valuable, but spontaneous shaking is also one of the best ways to manage K once she is up and going. Its such a safe practice.

I have people over fairly regularly for 2-3 hour shaking sessions and I just cant sing its praises enough. Its like crisis averted every time [for whoever prompted the session]

I am not sure what else to say? If someone has specific questions feel free to ask.

Big Love :)

• Like 10

Thanks for your story Seth Ananda, very interesting, when you say shaking do you mean a specific type like kunlun spontaneous shaking or just random shaking of your body to music or in a tribal way like Bradford Keeney talks about?

• Like 1

Thanks for your story Seth Ananda, very interesting, when you say shaking do you mean a specific type like kunlun spontaneous shaking or just random shaking of your body to music or in a tribal way like Bradford Keeney talks about?

Just follow yourself at your pace making your noises in your posture. The more you do it the easier it gets to know what you want to do when... Standing, sitting rolling round, lying still, fast, slow, rythmic, chaotic, whatever...

Good evocative music is great, that has many varied moments...

• Like 2

Later that year I found a Kashmir Shavite Tantra school from Muktananda's Linage, [that was not related to gurumayai] and studied there extensively. I became good friends with the teacher, and eventually started teaching for him and helping run workshops. We lived together for a few years, and ran the K support groups. I did teacher training under him several times and now do some of the training of new teachers there.

Hey Seth.

:wub:

I was wondering if you might be able to clarify something for me. How did Muktananda and his students come to be associated with Kashmir Shaivism, when Muktananda's guru was not, as far as I can tell, a Kashmir Shaiva (or indeed, a member of any sect)?

Also, does the teacher you refer to happen to be Mahamandaleshwar Shankarananda? If so, I was curious if you had anything you would be willing to share about his Shiva Process meditation?

Edited by Creation

Hey Seth.

:wub:

I was wondering if you might be able to clarify something for me. How did Muktananda and his students come to be associated with Kashmir Shaivism, when Muktananda's guru was not, as far as I can tell, a Kashmir Shaiva (or indeed, a member of any sect)?

Also, does the teacher you refer to happen to be Mahamandaleshwar Shankarananda? If so, I was curious if you had anything you would be willing to share about his Shiva Process meditation?

Hi Creation. No Nityananda was a fairly typical vedantic style yogi in his teaching methods, not typical at all in his skill though lol .

I do not think he had a particular tradition that he pledged allegiance to, but his style tells. [i may be wrong there]

Muktananda Found Kashmir Shavite teachings after his awakening, and was thrilled to find a system that so paralleled his experiences of Kundalini, Consciousness and the like. So he began studying it.

He did a lot to popularise Kashmir Shavism and was a great Yogi, despite his faults. His knowledge of KS came through book learning so in a way misses elements of the Awesomeness of that tradition. It also means much of the Vedantic tradition is tied within his teachings. KS does not normally have Swami's, Brahamacharya and other vedantic style elements.

And no, my teacher lives in Delhi and is not very well known yet.

I know Shankarananda, and love his teachings. His book 'Consciousness is Everything' is one of the greatest books on the subject for a westerner...

Shiva process, is a group/partner meditation where you feel through your chakras looking for an issue. when you find, you speak of it to the group.

Then the group reflects back 'a statments' meaning 'actual' in turns, which you repeat back to them. That can put your stuff in better perspective.

Then B and G statements, which are differing degree's of healing or integrative statements. You repeat those back as well. Its an effective process. :)

Have Fun!

I have explored many systems and techniques for working with K, and there are some amazing ways to get It going, but, and thanks Hundun for bringing it up brother, I tend to think Shaking practice is the cream of the crop. There are a few processes that can be quicker, and are Highly valuable, but spontaneous shaking is also one of the best ways to manage K once she is up and going. Its such a safe practice.

I have people over fairly regularly for 2-3 hour shaking sessions and I just cant sing its praises enough. Its like crisis averted every time [for whoever prompted the session]

I am not sure what else to say? If someone has specific questions feel free to ask.

Big Love :)

Hi Seth - I don't know anything about the shaking process - does this help spread the kundalini out in a more comfortable fashion? Currently my kundalini is going down the back side (it's been several years) and my back and shoulder blades get so hot sometimes it's like someone's holding a flame to the inside of my skin. Or in the back of my head! You can feel the heat coming out from a foot away. Currently I'm trying a masseuse to try and spread it out. (Mine was a spontaneous awakening after a traffic accident, but I had been doing inner work for years; the inner work came first, then the K-activity).

Hi Seth - I don't know anything about the shaking process - does this help spread the kundalini out in a more comfortable fashion? Currently my kundalini is going down the back side (it's been several years) and my back and shoulder blades get so hot sometimes it's like someone's holding a flame to the inside of my skin. Or in the back of my head! You can feel the heat coming out from a foot away. Currently I'm trying a masseuse to try and spread it out. (Mine was a spontaneous awakening after a traffic accident, but I had been doing inner work for years; the inner work came first, then the K-activity).

Yes, If you are able to really let go and drop any Inhibitions that would stop you expressing your blocks... Then again, even if you can't, It still may work.

Sometimes it is good to approach shaking as an investigation, that is to spend the entire session exploring a particular block or subject, with the Intent of discovering its root and releasing it...

I am always slightly uncomfortable giving K advise to someone who I cant personally help, but seeing a teacher can be really good for someone with a re routed K.

Do you Live near Hundun? He does shaking stuff... Shaktimama is probably another option.

And have you explored all options medically? If you are still Injured shaking could be not so good, till you are better..?

If you do feel up to it, put aside 3 hours, make a vibrant uplifting playlist, and shake as slowly or as fast as you need to.

My Loose guidelines are:

Follow your self. getting puffed means slow down [but not always]

Try not to get stuck in movement patterns. If you notice that you are moving in a pattern test the edges by introducing a new movement, but be aware as the pattern may be what you really want or need to do, and if so just go back to it. Follow yourself.

You do not need to be extreme, [unless you really need to] as mad flailing may pull muscles if you are not sufficiently warmed up and will probably tire you quickly. Often gentler shaking over much longer will penetrate far deeper than one short massive burst.

Keep it fun but stay authentic. Occasionally it may not be fun, so enjoy as much as you can. It keeps you motivated to do it again.

It is not all literally shaking, its also wobbling, sensuous undulating, wwavverring, pulsing, throbing, sexual, chaotic, still, flowing... Follow yourself.

Keep making sound as much as possible, even if its just a mild humming. Sound is like a speaker attached to your feelings. Express the tones of boredom, exhilaration, rage, joy, Insanity... Unless you really feel to be quite. Follow your self.

Blessings on your process!

Seth

• Like 2

While you are answering questions, I have a couple :D

1. How does sexuality relate with Kundalini? Does it require abstinence? "Sexual Alchemy"? If not required, do they help? None of the above?

2. I've never had an awakening experience, but I desire it. Is there an effective method you would suggest? How long does it take?

Namaste

John Zen

While you are answering questions, I have a couple :D

1. How does sexuality relate with Kundalini? Does it require abstinence? "Sexual Alchemy"? If not required, do they help? None of the above?

2. I've never had an awakening experience, but I desire it. Is there an effective method you would suggest? How long does it take?

Namaste

John Zen

I was far from abstinent when I awoke mine, but I was practising retention. But sure Abstinence may help, I just like sexual Tantra. Most of the students I have worked with over the years were either Tantra practitioners, or spontaneous awakener's.

I Think shaking Is a superb practice, and a brilliant safety manager for solo practice. Especially if you do extended sessions.

I feel funny about adding more 'powerful' details. If you really want them, they are out there to dig up. Kriya yoga's cobra breath is an example of a K practice worth learning, in fact all the Kriya yoga is good. Ignore all the typical Infighting, and Ignore marshal govindan all together, if there are less delusional teachers available to learn the system from. lol.

I am working slowly towards having top quality articles on specific practices up on my web site [for free] but I want to have it all together in context of safe awakening, so sorry to just punt you over to Kriya Yoga for now.

Blessings.