Sign in to follow this  
3L3VAT3

ACNE

I'm turning 31 within the month and have recently been experiencing some acne flairing up... wtf, right? :wacko:

I was wondering if any fellow tbums have the same problem and what exactly they do to treat it...

What is the reason for it within a TCM or "chi related" perspective? I get them under the mouth around the chin and right under the nose... does that mean anything?

Is it too much 'heat'? Or maybe I'm just not keeping the heat in my DanTien so it's spreading? Or is energy getting stuck in my head and not traveling down? I remember hearing that acne is a outward manifestation of low self-esteem (although that seems like the RESULT of acne, not the cause)

Please advise, it really sucks!

Ive found this product to be very good. Its a bit pricey and it comes in a relatively small bottle, but it works surprisingly well; just use it sparingly and gently jab some of it on the places that need it over night and/or during the day. My link

One whole squeezed Lemon in a glass of water, first thing in morning. Wait half an hour before breakfast.

Its an Incredible acne destroyer. So effective I am amazed it is not better known.

:)

Repeat daily...

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 1

Wash your face with black soap twice a day. If you miss a day or once that day don't sweat it just continue the next time. That's how I improved my acne incredibly. Its a lot less now then where it was.Or pick something and just go with it until you see results. Also avoid touching or scratching or pinching pimples at all times. Don't pinch the smallest pimple or dying pimples. Not only will that scar your face. It lets out all that bacteria and just creates more pimples. This is how I took care of the MAJORITY of my acne problem.

Also keep it simple. 5 different bottles of stuff for acne is wAy too complicated to maintain long term from my experience. Washing my face twice a day with black soap is by far the easiest way I've ever tried getting rid of it. Took care of most of it now. Just got a little now but even that is getting better.

Hey,

According to my understanding Acne in TCM is regarded as damp heat. So if you can get rid of the dampness that's a good start. About six years ago i got a dose of real bad acne on the back. I tried western conventional medicine for it, for too long, man that stuff was useless. Tablets, topical gels....nothing! Then i bought a book on Chinese nutritional therapy, following the advice in the book the acne was gone in no time.

Dampness slows down the circulation of chi, which in turn creates heat, kind of like a frictional force. So try to avoid dampness producing foods. The big ones are dairy [milk, yogurt etc], excess meat, junk food, and refined sugars [chocolate bars, sodas, all sweets]. It is the Spleens job to transform the food and drink we eat, so depending on the strength of it you may want to avoid excess cold foods [cold drinks, salads, too much raw food], these hamper the functioning of a weakened spleen system.

Here's the book i used http://www.amazon.com/Chinese-Nutrition-Therapy-Traditional-Complementary/dp/3131309628/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1299897796&sr=1-1

Hope this helps :)

Edited by bamboo

Several meridians cross your face. You need to assess the health of these organs to look for an adequate treatment. See TCM.

chartmeridianface.jpg

In your case...below your mouth...heart; around the chin...spleen & pancreas; below your nose...stomach

Go and see a TCM doc for appropriate treatment.

Good luck.

:)

I'm turning 31 within the month and have recently been experiencing some acne flairing up... wtf, right? :wacko:

I was wondering if any fellow tbums have the same problem and what exactly they do to treat it...

What is the reason for it within a TCM or "chi related" perspective? I get them under the mouth around the chin and right under the nose... does that mean anything?

Is it too much 'heat'? Or maybe I'm just not keeping the heat in my DanTien so it's spreading? Or is energy getting stuck in my head and not traveling down? I remember hearing that acne is a outward manifestation of low self-esteem (although that seems like the RESULT of acne, not the cause)

Please advise, it really sucks!

Don't waste your time with acne products or "CHI perspective" stories.

You gotta understand the simple mechanism behind this. Acne is the elimination of toxins. Our bodies have many methods of eliminating waste and one of the main ideas behind it is that you don't want your blood to get "dirty" it's just like putting bad gasoline in your car. Your kidneys, your liver, your lungs of course intestines, your peepee etc etc etc they all ultimately contribute to cleaning your blood. The skin is just one of the ways of getting rid of shit from our bodies and it is usually the last resort if one of your major organs is messed up. For example if your liver or your kidney doesn't do their job... even if you get seriously constipated you can get acne. Sometimes even stress can affect one of the major organs and cause them to function improperly, however the toxins need to be eliminated asap so the body uses the backup system which is your skin. So you can wash it and scrub it as much as you want - all you are doing is treating the skin when your acne is not caused by the skin. The bacteria infection bullshit that they talk about when they sell you a skin product is actually quite a rare cause of acne.

Now the reason lemon and zinc can help is because they are both good purifying methods but you still won't eliminate the main cause.

You have to learn how to troubleshoot your system, dude.

Wow!

Thank all you guys so much the replies!!

That's why I love this site so much!! :wub:

Another thing I should mention that might be playing a big role in this is that I am coming off of a long-time methadone maintenence treatment. I started it in 03 and am aggressively cutting back my dose (i was on 210mg and am currently at 17mg). It was bad before being on the methadone and got better while I was at "stable" doses. Now that I'm going lower on my dose I'm starting to get flare-ups again. The doctor said that taking methadone lowers ones testosterone substantially, so that might have something to do with it... Being on methadone definitley kills my sex-drive, and now that I'm lower on my dose the drive is back with a vengeance... but it's hard to get it fulfilled with pimples!! lol!

Thanks again!! You guys rock!! _/\_

There was this man i had worked with who had major acne issues... on his face and body. Yet he was one of the most, if not the most, sought-after public speaker and motivational/sales/leadership consultant in the region. He was charismatic, and exuded immense confidence. Although married with kids, it did nothing to deter being paid plenty of attention from the ladies, who apparently were much more attracted to his personality and style rather than his looks. He knew how to make others feel as though they were the most important person in the world... Well, this is the key to winning people's hearts i believe, and i'd wager that as you set about detoxifying your physical system (What Orb said is quite true), getting and digesting a copy of Napoleon Hill's 'How To Win Friends and Influence People' and work at it in tandem would do you a world of good.

As for detox and blood purification, from what others have shared with me, and also from personal experience, its been found that Stinging Nettle http://ezinearticles.com/?Health-Benefits-Of-Nettle&id=120823 and Bitter Melon http://ezinearticles.com/?Health-Benefits-of-Ampalaya-(Bittergourd)&id=941524 does the biz with great efficacy. Personally i am a big fan of the melon, and enjoy eating it as a vege stir-fried in with fermented soya or black beans. As for the nettle, its good to consume it fresh, but if its not available where you are, then try the tincture form or as a tea.

Another great healing plant is the Aloe - in gel form for external use, and for internal use, its available as a juice. Please, if you are going for aloe, its best to get the premium quality products, or even better, grow your own.

All the best to you!

Edited by CowTao

Sign in to follow this