Sign in to follow this  
Astral_Anima

Spiritual Power

I just had a minor "revelation" about "Spiritual Power" and what it means to me. I've always wondered what the difference between "energetic power" (chi manipulation) and "spiritual power".

I've come to a personal conclusion that to me spiritual power means having authority over things like the body and mind, being able to manifest one's will. I've come to believe that there is an entity separate of the mind and body that I would associate with the "will". It seems to me that the body simply is and that the mind/logic only produces options, but that the actual choice maker and final decider is a different entity. I believe it's a kind of "personal power", "presence", it's still kinda a vague concept in my mind, but these are words that come to mind when I make a query. It's like...people follow someone because they have alot of spiritual power, spirits obey or "bow down" to those with spiritual power; people with high virtue, strong morals, strong willpower, devotion, ect. Just kinda concepts I'm throwing out there for lack of being able to clearly convey this idea/concept. Perhaps it could also mean like having a communication/communion/relationship with the divine...

Anyway, since I'm still not entirely clear I was wondering what your views on the concept of "spiritual power" are. And when I say spiritual power I make a distinction between energetic ability or magical powers.

-Astral

Good question and thoughts to go with it mate!!

I agree that it is the control over oneself that is the true spiritual power.....and using that power for what ever your personal beliefs say is the best way forward.

Cheers

Ed

Sign in to follow this