lazy cloud

Super Moon March 19

Any ideas or knowledge about this "super moon"?

As the moon makes a close orbit around the earth, some predict natural disasters.

1955,1974,1992,2005 had super moons and also had extreme weather conditions that wreaked havok.

This supermoon is supposed to be extra strong .

Hmm, interesting, i'm seeing a shamanic practitioner on that day for a healing....

be interested in any thoughts on how it may effect healing??

sorry for diversion!!

Ed

In 2005 there was the 9.0 Indonesian earthquake.

1992 The Mississippi river flood. 1974 There was the largest tornado attack ever recorded.

With numerous F4 and F5 on that day.

This upcoming supermoon will also be a full moon.

Previous it was thought the events would be in a +/- 3 days of the supermoon.This one has been considered to be extra strong.

My thoughts are with Japan and also for those in Hawaii and the West coast.Everyone be safe.

Edited by lazy cloud

I wasn't aware of the closeness of the orbit of the moon on this date but I do agree that the moon greatly effects the nature of Earth.

Yes, I suppose that it could cause variations of the oceans currents and tides as well as earthquakes and lava activity. Of course, effecting the oceans' currents will effect the weather patterns an possibly result in destructive weather.

Hang on to something well established!

In 2005 there was the 9.0 Indonesian earthquake.

1992 The Mississippi river flood. 1974 There was the largest tornado attack ever recorded.

With numerous F4 and F5 on that day.

This upcoming supermoon will also be a full moon.

Previous it was thought the events would be in a +/- 3 days of the supermoon.This one has been considered to be extra strong.

My thoughts are with Japan and also for those in Hawaii and the West coast.Everyone be safe.

the mississippi river flood was actually 1993 -_- however many folks said the conditions for this flood were set in the fall/late 1992. I would disagree with those who feel a supermoon cannot trigger an earthquake or a volcano blast.

I saw this a few days ago. The moon is closer then usual, but mathematically the gravitic pull increase is negligible. A scientist interviewed dismissed the idea it would have any effect.

Still math be damned its closer and there was a devastating earthquake. Could be a coincidence.

• Like 1

We could consider sending prayers/blessings to all beings on the days preceeding and during. What might be a good time to start?

Now!
  • Like 2

I saw this a few days ago. The moon is closer then usual, but mathematically the gravitic pull increase is negligible. A scientist interviewed dismissed the idea it would have any effect.

Still math be damned its closer and there was a devastating earthquake. Could be a coincidence.

A similar coincidence happened in 2005 with the indonesian 9.0 earthquake happened a few days before that supermoon.

Also that year we had hurricane Katrina. It seems that the supermoon's influence lingers the better part of the year in the form of severe weather.

Today's events are not over yet either. Luckily tide was out on the west coast USA or it coulda been much worse.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of a supermoon before (I just looked it up). I have sometimes noticed changes in my qigong practice during full moons (energy can feel different in some ways). I have sometimes felt a 'softer' and a somewhat 'more healing' kind of energy inside me around full moons, but that is very subjective of course. It will be interesting to see if there is anything particularly different this time around with the moon being a bit closer to the Earth. I'd be interested to hear other people's personal experiences in this regard as well. I'll have to try to remember to pay attention to this around March 19. :)

Edited by The Way Is Virtue

I wouldn't be too worried about the next full Moon:

10318590.jpg

Comet Elenin

http://scienceray.com/astronomy/doomsday-prophets-are-predicting-comet-elenin-will-collide-with-earth/

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/221672-Comet-Elenin-is-Coming-

http://translate.google.co.nz/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.gazeta.ru/science/2010/12/20_a_3471201.shtml&prev=_t

The real concern is if the comet is dragging any substantial mass of such debris in its tail, planet Earth would possibly be in for quite a pummeling from the debris field. If this takes place, it will fall during the month of October 2011, right around the 18th.

Edited by Gerard

I wonder if too much attention for now has been put onto 2012.

2011 is possibly going to be a very challenging year.

Good luck to all.

the gates open and close by astronomical changes. Being receptive to destined experience is enough

following natural law, mother nature

are you telling us that meditating on the 19th can be fruitful for opening the vishuddi

I am very tired of this and that chat.

• Like 1