Sign in to follow this  
Immortal4life

Intentional Chocolate

Here is something interesting I came across. It is called Intentional Chocolate.

Dean Radin has conducted a very interesting double blind scientific study. In the study, Buddhist monks embedded chocolate with Kind and Compassionate thoughts and energy. Then scientists gave those chocolates to people to eat, and at the same time, gave another group of people untreated chocolate. They found that the people who ate the treated chocolate, had great improvements in their mood and happiness compared to the control group who got untreated chocolate.

Video-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ74EKFFqbE

Time Magazine, Mind over Chocolate-

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1887858,00.html

Article-

http://www.gayot.com/chocolate/intentional-chocolate-review.html

Edited by Immortal4life

Well, chocolate improves moods anyway, so maybe that's not a really good test. If they used brussel sprouts there might be something to it.

8)

Just received some handmade high quality chocolates from Paris. Mmmmm mmmm... Uplifts the soul... :wub:

Are you going to send me some? :lol: I love chocolate.

Well, chocolate improves moods anyway, so maybe that's not a really good test. If they used brussel sprouts there might be something to it.

8)

You are right, it is not a good test.

Probably the best 'intentionality' is the one we throw into our food and drink ourselves. In mystical traditions like Bardon's Hermetics you infuse your food with positive thoughts. Gi Gong traditions have charging water, I've seen it echoed in some kabbalistic forms, both claiming to change the waters physical properties ala Masaru Emoto's work.

The simple act of prayer and thankfulness may not change the food, but maybe can change us. Its one of the simple things I too often forget. Something disregarded as superstition that actually has quite a bit of power.

back to chocolate. On my wedding day I got a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and dark chocolate. Great pairing. My latest favorite dark chocolate is Lindt's 72%, nicely creamy for a dark.

There's also the issue of Life energy in the food. Some traditions believe the healthiest food to eat, is alive, uncooked food. Many people believe once it is cooked, although it retains all the vitamins, carbohydrates, protein etc. it has lost a lot of Life Energy. Some poeple believe once something is picked from the earth or the tree, it loses Life Energy after only 20 minutes.

I also wonder about christian traditions of "saying grace", and how that may relate to this kind of thing originally.

Sign in to follow this