ralis

Kunlun Transparency Photos Reposted

I noticed the site was enlarged. Probably the images were resized to fit and things were down for a time.

Edited by torus693

trolls.jpg

Those are the same photos have been up on that site for a long time.

You Trolled about this in another thread saying the photos had be been removed.

they were not

They were removed for a short time! If anyone is a troll here it is you!

• Like 1

I noticed the site was reformatted (enlarged)

No doubt some things were down during that time.

You are insinuating

It doesn't matter if the photos are "real" or photoshopped: the fact of putting this kind of material as self-promotion - "sold by the siddhi", so to speak - automatically makes the Kunlun thing appear very, very fishy...

"Yes, qigong can cultivate powers: Invisibility - that means going unnoticed in crowd; Astral travel - knowing that the Real Self is everywhere; Levitation - taking yourself lightly."

John Blofeld (quoted in The Way of Qigong, by Kennneth Cohen)

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 3

there is a big difference between stating the obvious and knowing the obvious?

One should keep to the later to avoid all the skeptics?

"I believe the most unique characteristic of Bhagavan was the power of his presence. In Bhagavan we found a being that was surcharged with the Reality to such an extent that coming into his presence would effect a dramatic change in us. This Divine Power of his presence was something remarkable, entirely outstanding in this century. But why just this century? It must be so for many centuries."

Starting with a Maha Reishi because "presence is an experience constantly over washed by expectation and values of the ego. No doubt after he was found in the dessert and others heard of his remarkable presence a following began.

Is divine presence some how less remarkable than levitation?

More believable?

Is your own ability to sense "divine presence" less impressive than to levitate?

Understanding what 'divine' in this context (god) means.

Sensing divinity as presence is a subtlety far beyond the scope of any skeptic

Aikido founder Morihei Ueshiba

"Some time ago, when we went to a new settlement in the country, we saw seven or eight laborers trying in vain to lift a huge tree stump. My father stood looking at it for a while and then asked them to step aside so he could try it. He lifted the stump easily and promptly carried it away. It is totally inconceivable to do such a thing with mere physical strength. Also there was an incident involving a certain Mihamahiro.

B: Was he the same Mihamahiro of Takasago Beya Sumo Wrestling Association?

O Sensei: Yes. He was from Kishu Province. When I was staying at Shingu in Wakayama, Mihamahiro was doing well in the Sumo ranks. He had tremendous strength and could lift three rods which weighed several hundred pounds. When I learned Mihamahiro was staying in town, I invited him to come over. While we were talking Mihamahiro said, "I've also heard that you, Sensei, possess great strength. Why don't we test our strength?" "All right. Fine. I can pin you with my index finger alone," I answered. Then I let him push me while I was seated. This fellow capable of lifting huge weights huffed and puffed but could not push me over. After that, I redirected his power away from me and he went flying by. As he fell I pinned him with my index finger, and he remained totally immobilized. It was like an adult pinning a baby. Then I suggested that he try again and let him push against my forehead. However, he couldn't move me at all. Then I extended my legs forward, and, balancing myself, I lifted my legs off the floor and had him push me. Still he could not move me. He was surprised and began to study Aikido.

A: When you say you pin a person with one finger, do you push on a vital point?

O Sensei: I draw a circle around him. His power is contained inside that circle. No matter how strong a man he may be, he cannot extend his power outside of that circle. He becomes powerless. Thus, if you pin your opponent while you are outside of his circle, you can hold him with your index finger or your little finger. This is possible because the opponent has already become powerless."

Many films were made of O'sensei doing impossible things. There was never an attempt to hide or to

seem acceptable by any standard.

Edited by torus693
  • Like 2

there is a big difference between stating the obvious and knowing the obvious?

One should keep to the later to avoid all the skeptics?

"I believe the most unique characteristic of Bhagavan was the power of his presence. In Bhagavan we found a being that was surcharged with the Reality to such an extent that coming into his presence would effect a dramatic change in us. This Divine Power of his presence was something remarkable, entirely outstanding in this century. But why just this century? It must be so for many centuries."

Starting with a Maha Reishi because "presence is an experience constantly over washed by expectation and values of the ego. No doubt after he was found in the dessert and others heard of his remarkable presence a following began.

Is divine presence some how less remarkable than levitation?

More believable?

Is your own ability to sense "divine presence" less impressive than to levitate?

Understanding what 'divine' in this context (god) means.

Sensing divinity as presence is a subtlety far beyond the scope of any skeptic

Aikido founder Morihei Ueshiba

"Some time ago, when we went to a new settlement in the country, we saw seven or eight laborers trying in vain to lift a huge tree stump. My father stood looking at it for a while and then asked them to step aside so he could try it. He lifted the stump easily and promptly carried it away. It is totally inconceivable to do such a thing with mere physical strength. Also there was an incident involving a certain Mihamahiro.

B: Was he the same Mihamahiro of Takasago Beya Sumo Wrestling Association?

O Sensei: Yes. He was from Kishu Province. When I was staying at Shingu in Wakayama, Mihamahiro was doing well in the Sumo ranks. He had tremendous strength and could lift three rods which weighed several hundred pounds. When I learned Mihamahiro was staying in town, I invited him to come over. While we were talking Mihamahiro said, "I've also heard that you, Sensei, possess great strength. Why don't we test our strength?" "All right. Fine. I can pin you with my index finger alone," I answered. Then I let him push me while I was seated. This fellow capable of lifting huge weights huffed and puffed but could not push me over. After that, I redirected his power away from me and he went flying by. As he fell I pinned him with my index finger, and he remained totally immobilized. It was like an adult pinning a baby. Then I suggested that he try again and let him push against my forehead. However, he couldn't move me at all. Then I extended my legs forward, and, balancing myself, I lifted my legs off the floor and had him push me. Still he could not move me. He was surprised and began to study Aikido.

A: When you say you pin a person with one finger, do you push on a vital point?

O Sensei: I draw a circle around him. His power is contained inside that circle. No matter how strong a man he may be, he cannot extend his power outside of that circle. He becomes powerless. Thus, if you pin your opponent while you are outside of his circle, you can hold him with your index finger or your little finger. This is possible because the opponent has already become powerless."

Many films were made of O'sensei doing impossible things. There was never an attempt to hide or to

seem acceptable by any standard.

Great post. :D

It doesn't matter if the photos are "real" or photoshopped: the fact of putting this kind of material as self-promotion - "sold by the siddhi", so to speak - automatically makes the Kunlun thing appear very, very fishy...

I had that 'fishy' feeling before.

Why would you demonstrate all these siddhis?! It's an obvious marketing ploy - and if they'e marketing like this, trying to pull me in, it means they have some ulterior motive, some kind of agenda (money? power? fame?)

When I began learning from Max, it became much clearer. Max has a playful nature - he likes to joke around and really doesn't take himself too seriously at all. He is also very passionate about what he has to share with the world - he's as amazed with the practices he teaches as anyone would be. He really wants you to have it, to have that openness, joy, playfulness - to have access to the spirit and to eventually birth your golden dragon body.

From his point of view he wants to share with you all these cool things that happen as a result of practices - both because he's genuinly excited that this is possible and to motivate you to practice! His agenda is to have you open to who you really are.

He is not into marketing - he wants to share his passion and the people around him help him do that - he doesn't know the rules of marketing, so he hasn't attempted to doctor his 'message' in a way that is acceptable for most of us.

The fishiness is our own projection... we see marketing, we see an agenda, and we easily project our own stuff into it. I do agree that the presentation itself fosters this; but I'm also astute enough to overlook this - to see it for what it is - which is easy once you meet Max - although it's far easier to read peoples interpretations of other peoples opinions which are in turn based on rumour and hearsay.

Max isn't that good at the mundane world of politics, marketing, managing and other 'worldly' affairs - he's not a fan of using computers or driving. People will read into this whatever they want, but for me it's simple - I won't be taking driving lessons or marketing lessons from Max, but his amazing experience with the spiritual world is what interests me.

I have found that Max facilitates in the following way - he gives you a spark in your dan tien - which helps clear your body and energy and eventually opens your heart (for some this is very quick - for others it takes time). Opening the heart is a major aspect of the practice... Next what he does is (using Bushman terminology) he literally connects and brings down the rope to God... This is a poetic term with a very direct reflection in your energetic body - you literally bring the rope down into your body, your central channel - and as your dan tiens are connected, you begin to climb the rope...

People talk about 3rd eye practices. The base of the 3rd eye is the heart - it's a key step of the process to connect these two. Max often mentioned that when people see a bright light at the end of the tunnel, they're not actually looking up and out of the crown, but from the 'crystal cave' down to the heart, which is beaming this light.

I wish for people to notice whether they're misinterpreting a genuine, child-like enthusiasm for all the possibilities, the wonder and mystery of this world. Because that's exactly what I did at first... and had I stayed in my head instead of listening to my intuition, I wouldn't have started one of the most powerful and profound practices I've come across.

• Like 4

Thank you freeform for mentioning the heart opening part of the practice. :) In so many of the kunlun threads, I find a dearth of heart energy.

Yes - in these controversial threads people's heads become completely disconnected with the heart, and so we see this dry, heartless conversation... notice how when this happens many of the people with open hearts stop posting and move on - it's painful to have an open heart in a room full of angry heads.

Ya Mu too has a rope climbing quality to his practices, in formless as well as formal moves.

I know :)

• Like 1

I had that 'fishy' feeling before.

Why would you demonstrate all these siddhis?! It's an obvious marketing ploy - and if they'e marketing like this, trying to pull me in, it means they have some ulterior motive, some kind of agenda (money? power? fame?)

When I began learning from Max, it became much clearer. Max has a playful nature - he likes to joke around and really doesn't take himself too seriously at all. He is also very passionate about what he has to share with the world - he's as amazed with the practices he teaches as anyone would be. He really wants you to have it, to have that openness, joy, playfulness - to have access to the spirit and to eventually birth your golden dragon body.

From his point of view he wants to share with you all these cool things that happen as a result of practices - both because he's genuinly excited that this is possible and to motivate you to practice! His agenda is to have you open to who you really are.

He is not into marketing - he wants to share his passion and the people around him help him do that - he doesn't know the rules of marketing, so he hasn't attempted to doctor his 'message' in a way that is acceptable for most of us.

The fishiness is our own projection... we see marketing, we see an agenda, and we easily project our own stuff into it. I do agree that the presentation itself fosters this; but I'm also astute enough to overlook this - to see it for what it is - which is easy once you meet Max - although it's far easier to read peoples interpretations of other peoples opinions which are in turn based on rumour and hearsay.

Max isn't that good at the mundane world of politics, marketing, managing and other 'worldly' affairs - he's not a fan of using computers or driving. People will read into this whatever they want, but for me it's simple - I won't be taking driving lessons or marketing lessons from Max, but his amazing experience with the spiritual world is what interests me.

I have found that Max facilitates in the following way - he gives you a spark in your dan tien - which helps clear your body and energy and eventually opens your heart (for some this is very quick - for others it takes time). Opening the heart is a major aspect of the practice... Next what he does is (using Bushman terminology) he literally connects and brings down the rope to God... This is a poetic term with a very direct reflection in your energetic body - you literally bring the rope down into your body, your central channel - and as your dan tiens are connected, you begin to climb the rope...

People talk about 3rd eye practices. The base of the 3rd eye is the heart - it's a key step of the process to connect these two. Max often mentioned that when people see a bright light at the end of the tunnel, they're not actually looking up and out of the crown, but from the 'crystal cave' down to the heart, which is beaming this light.

I wish for people to notice whether they're misinterpreting a genuine, child-like enthusiasm for all the possibilities, the wonder and mystery of this world. Because that's exactly what I did at first... and had I stayed in my head instead of listening to my intuition, I wouldn't have started one of the most powerful and profound practices I've come across.

I'm so glad to hear about the opening of the heart: as far as I know,only Bradford Keeney, Chunyi Lin and Ken Cohen have stressed this as the key point.

The fishiness could be my projection, but I have to say I have tried - and practiced many approaches - and this is the first one - I bought the book, went to a workshop with a Kunlun certified practitioner and tried by myself - that evoked in me a feeling of "not this", even certain repulsion... (it could be projection, karmic thing, whatever..)

But it's not only the siddhi thing...the fur for the practice? the fatal atraction to trees/fences...? come on...

Definitely, not my cup of tea.

Anyway, I'm glad that it works for you. I appreciate and resonate with your heartful answer.

Edited by Ulises

I know Susan (shaktimamma) has always, as long as I've known her (8? years), stressed this too, surrender and love.

All real teachers seem to hold it as important and a key. But it appears to be something that expresses itself as a RESULT of correct practice, not a hint for behavioural modification :lol:

Best,

I know Susan (shaktimamma) has always, as long as I've known her (8? years), stressed this too, surrender and love.

All real teachers seem to hold it as important and a key. But it appears to be something that expresses itself as a RESULT of correct practice, not a hint for behavioural modification :lol:

Best,

"...surrender and love.

All real teachers seem to hold it as important and a key"

That is my experience and understanding. Thank you!

Jenny Lamb "Better than any mantra for this life or future lives is to keep your heart in a pure state."

Glenn Morris "Opening of the heart chakra is second only to the kundalini in the achievement of enlightenment."

• Like 2

...it's not only the siddhi thing...the fur for the practice? the fatal atraction to trees/fences...? come on...

Definitely, not my cup of tea.

Hahaha... well - the energy is a magnetic, watery sort of energy at certain points - which can make you physically magnetised to water, trees, and anything else you can think of... especially if you focus your awareness there, you'll be pulled towards it.

The Bushmen start with a fiery energy, and they're often pulled towards and attracted by the fire - similar.

The fur isolates your electric energy from the ground - this way the electric energy stays in your body during the practice... the magnetic aspect of the energy on the other hand can penetrate into the ground through the fur as it needs.

A repulsion to the practice can happen - I'm not saying this is the case with you - but often the ego fights for control - the 'fight' can be quite intense for some people - this is the purification phase - it's important to go through.

Of course there could be many other reasons why you didn't like the practice - I'm not sure who your facilitator was, and what kind of crowd he attracted - that might have something to do with it. Certainly spending time with Max is always fun - he's always kind, gentle and playful.

Michael is also a great teacher - again teaching something very similar in a similar way - and certainly worth meeting him if you can.

(btw Keeney often talks about songs/music - I haven't heard Michael play, but he's in a band! And Max's chanting and intense drumming on a spirited horse-skin drum is out of this world!)

Hahaha... well - the energy is a magnetic, watery sort of energy at certain points - which can make you physically magnetised to water, trees, and anything else you can think of... especially if you focus your awareness there, you'll be pulled towards it.

The Bushmen start with a fiery energy, and they're often pulled towards and attracted by the fire - similar.

The fur isolates your electric energy from the ground - this way the electric energy stays in your body during the practice... the magnetic aspect of the energy on the other hand can penetrate into the ground through the fur as it needs.

A repulsion to the practice can happen - I'm not saying this is the case with you - but often the ego fights for control - the 'fight' can be quite intense for some people - this is the purification phase - it's important to go through.

Of course there could be many other reasons why you didn't like the practice - I'm not sure who your facilitator was, and what kind of crowd he attracted - that might have something to do with it. Certainly spending time with Max is always fun - he's always kind, gentle and playful.

Michael is also a great teacher - again teaching something very similar in a similar way - and certainly worth meeting him if you can.

(btw Keeney often talks about songs/music - I haven't heard Michael play, but he's in a band! And Max's chanting and intense drumming on a spirited horse-skin drum is out of this world!)

It's Ok, freefrom. The Bushman/seiki-jutsu way works for me. Kunlun, not.

And it's not the ego fight (I'm going through intense waves of fear/bliss with the Shaking/Seiki and I keep riding the horse, so...)

Ahhhh! The music: definitely. Spirited, wild, soulful music helps a LOT. (Some spontaneous throat singing is coming along with the exquisite movements, in the last days...delicious ...and heart-breaking...)

let's keep having a good time playing with our toys ; )

Edited by Ulises

let's keep having a good time playing with our toys ; )

I must've come across like I'm trying to convince you of something - it's not my intention, and I apologise if you've felt preached at. The nature of a public forum is such that I often write for many people at the same time - even when having a conversation with someone in particular.

I enjoy your posts and reflections and I'm glad to see more from you here :)

But it's not only the siddhi thing...the fur for the practice? the fatal atraction to trees/fences...? come on...

Speaking of fatal attraction.. if you follow you own process of internal development within any system whether it has a root or not eventually you come to a place of thunder where trees and fences share common affinity like your own body with the decisive force in personal development.

124991_A-Complete-Sleeping-Buddha_620.jpg

shiva.jpgFurs and props like stool that support specific postures have long standing tradition and one not simply aesthetic or symbolic. Fur like that hair on the back of your neck goes up for a reason and in the case of some animals where the development of a third center of gravity is possible the emptiness imbued in that "fur" is indeed something very special. Cats are like this. In either case fur does effect ion flow both positive and negative as a very useful tool wisely included in a book recognizing that some people would be learning solely from. Wood also has special properties like this.

In the second image of Shiva resting arm on a wooden crook stuck into the earth serves a dual purpose the non energetic one being to keep the body upright during a specific Samadhi. The stool or chair used in some practice has very complex energetic and physical purposes.

pic_shiva_a_27.jpg

Kangaroos avoiding development of opposable thumbs choose another path not requiring a yellow pages, impossible to find oak furniture store or carpentry skills..

_wwildman_WeirdWildWeb_media_images_other_signs_12.jpg

Edited by torus693