Sign in to follow this  
Cognizance

Jing Retention

I've been retaining my semen or let's say I've been celibate for about 10 days. And Im quite good at controlling my thoughts but what If I ejaculate while asleep? How do you prevent this from happening? Do you tie like a band around your penis cause I heard students did that and that they can apparently pull in their testicles into their body. Some also pull cars using their private parts. I would genuinly appreciate any kind of advice :glare:

Edited by Cognizance

my advice, don't take advice concerning this matter from anyone on an internet forum. if you do not have a live, physical teacher whom with you have been training for several years, you have no business messing with this stuff. i mean, dude, this is like your manhood we are talking about. this isn't some trivial matter of crane vs. mantis style or something...this is real, dangerous stuff. find a teacher, a real one.

good luck, and please don't take this post as a personal assault on you, your character, or your desire to improve yourself and your longevity...it is just a strong suggestion. see ya!

I've been retaining my semen or let's say I've been celibate for about 10 days. And Im quite good at controlling my thoughts but what If I ejaculate while asleep? How do you prevent this from happening? Do you tie like a band around your penis cause I heard students did that and that they can apparently pull in their testicles into their body. Some also pull cars using their private parts. I would genuinly appreciate any kind of advice :glare:

Important questions:

1. How old are you?

2. How much other qigong back ground do you have? and what exactely?

3. Why do you want to do retention?

Well in my opinion (keeping in mind the advice about not listening to advice from the internet! ^_^)....

It all depends on how you retain. Are you getting aroused, but not ejaculating? For this you could be in for some problems, and if you're doing this, you should ejaculate every once in a while (couple days to a week), because the stuff wants to come out, and chances are good it will come out anyway (see the thread about the person ejaculating when reading spiritual stuff- semen ready to leave didn't get ejaculated, and it got out through muscle contractions throughout the day). The only caveat to this would be if you had some extensive qigong experience, had a method of purifying/cleansing parts of your body, circulating and balancing the energy, etc etc. This is not something I have experience in, so don't ask me. Most complete traditions have aspects to them which deal with sexuality, so you might want to turn to one of those. But again, the sexual practices would be just a PART of a much larger practice, and there should be teachings to handle this stuff.

If you are not getting aroused at all, and just going through life and not masturbating or having sex, and not thinking bad thoughts, then, well, keep doing what you're doing. I wouldn't suggest doing something crazy (like tying up your penis at night) to prevent ejaculation. Again, some things are just meant to leave the body, and sometimes that means a little extra semen. Don't worry about it. I believe scotty said something in another thread to the effect of, "you lose more energy worrying about it than you do in the act itself". Very applicable here, IMHO.

A healthy lifestyle plus a well rounded cultivation practice would off set any "energy loss" you'd get through nocturnal emissions (I put "energy loss" in quotes because you might not actually lose much, if any, energy through the actual act, but a lot more by agonizing over it)

Now I don't mean to get you bogged down, but there are a lot of threads that have cropped up in the past about this. Use the forum search for things like, "conserving jing", "semen retention", "nocturnal emissions", and things of that nature.

Sign in to follow this