Sign in to follow this  
Cognizance

Pre-communist Chinese Zeitgeist

Not sure I am understanding what you mean by "pointer". Traditional lineages still exist in Taoist practice that have nothing to do with communist influence if that is what you mean.

Has anyone managed to find any reliable pre-communist "pointer" with regards to internal work and alchemy?

Not sure I am understanding what you mean by "pointer". Traditional lineages still exist in Taoist practice that have nothing to do with communist influence if that is what you mean.

I understand that the cultural revolution was actually a genocide of these enrgetic practices. Do you know of any Taoist practices that survived perhaps and were untainted by the genocide?

Where did you get this information? Couldn't be further from the truth. Yes the red guard did frequently burn down temple and take priests away to the re-education camps however they could not take away oral tradition. That is the beautiful part about it.

My lineage for instance has still kept the pre-communist orthodox teachings thanks to my grandmaster and master. If you are interested in these practices I can help.

I understand that the cultural revolution was actually a genocide of these enrgetic practices. Do you know of any Taoist practices that survived perhaps and were untainted by the genocide?

Where did you get this information? Couldn't be further from the truth. Yes the red guard did frequently burn down temple and take priests away to the re-education camps however they could not take away oral tradition. That is the beautiful part about it.

My lineage for instance has still kept the pre-communist orthodox teachings thanks to my grandmaster and master. If you are interested in these practices I can help.

:blink: are you serious? How? I mean yes, I would appreciate your assistance. :D

Two ways:

1. We can take the conversation offline on email. You can email me at [email protected] and we can take it from there.

2. You can go to my master's site to read more. I can assure you he is the real deal. www.wudangtao.com

:blink: are you serious? How? I mean yes, I would appreciate your assistance. :D

Just about every lineage I read about these days supposedly comes from some ancient teaching which survived the revolution in secret, it's hard to tell how reliable all these stories are though as I'm sure every lineage would love to have some glorious history and tale behind the teachings.

No egoes here my friend. It has all been documented. A special on my lineage and grandmaster has also been aired on CCTV. Which is the Chinese Central Television (central government run by the way) and they still do not deny it. Not a glorious history by any means. Tough times and they went through a hell of a lot. I can back up 100% of my claims.

Just about every lineage I read about these days supposedly comes from some ancient teaching which survived the revolution in secret, it's hard to tell how reliable all these stories are though as I'm sure every lineage would love to have some glorious history and tale behind the teachings.

What about this http://www.universal-tao.com/article/cultivating.html and the Secret of the Golden Flower. I don't understand the need for secrecy seeing as the world is already a disaster with weapons of mass destruction, enormous energy released by the tniest particles enough to destroy everything in its path. Why would they still keep it secret. Another Boxer's Rebellion perhaps?

• Like 1

What about this http://www.universal-tao.com/article/cultivating.html and the Secret of the Golden Flower.

These people just repeat what the writings of Wu-Liu School say, unfortunately in an imprecise , even incorrect way , sadly taking advantage of some people's inability of reading Chinese ... My Taoist instinct immediately tells me that Taoist alchemy should not be sold in this way...

However, maybe these people ,overseas drifting as they are , rootless as they are, do help spreading Taoist knowledge worldwide , although not in the ideal way I expect ?

Edited by exorcist_1699

The red guards did destroy many temples on famous Taoist mountains like WudanShang, HuaShan... they did smashed corpse and coffin of Wang Chong Yang , who established the school of Quan Zhen , into pieces yet these to Taoism are all material things, idols for mass, illusory and quickly dispersing as passing clouds on our head. Great Taoist masters' eternity can be compared to sun and moon, their powers to the storms and lightnings , their legacy as high-rising mountains and oceans .. so few decades of political upheavals is unlikely to be so hurtful as people think .

The so-called disappearance of Taoism or Taoist legacy is , in fact, some kind of illusion ; on the contrary , it reflects Tao's not having definite form(無定形) , its lack of any fixed tendency(無成勢) , its reluctance of coming ahead of events (不為物先) , yet its capability of reserving its own potential well .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Nicely put and to my point, yes Wudang was undeniably attacked but there still survived our lineage and teachings as they could not take oral tradition away.

The red guards did destroy many temples on famous Taoist mountains like WudanShang, HuaShan... they did smashed corpse and coffin of Wang Chong Yang , who established the school of Quan Zhen , into pieces yet these to Taoism are all material things, idols for mass, illusory and quickly dispersing as passing clouds on our head. Great Taoist masters' eternity can be compared to sun and moon, their powers to the storms and lightnings , their legacy as high-rising mountains and oceans .. so few decades of political upheavals is unlikely to be so hurtful as people think .

The so-called disappearance of Taoism or Taoist legacy is , in fact, some kind of illusion ; on the contrary , it reflects Tao's not having definite form(無定形) , its lack of any fixed tendency(無成勢) , its reluctance of coming ahead of events (不為物先) , yet its capability of reserving its own potential well .

There are no secrets. People either will get it or they do not. The Tao is very dialectic and we have to see both sides of everything to understand the whole and then give up the concept to go deeper.

It is about self cultivation anyway. There are a lot of people out there after fame, ego and your money. You need to be careful.

What about this http://www.universal-tao.com/article/cultivating.html and the Secret of the Golden Flower. I don't understand the need for secrecy seeing as the world is already a disaster with weapons of mass destruction, enormous energy released by the tniest particles enough to destroy everything in its path. Why would they still keep it secret. Another Boxer's Rebellion perhaps?

Sign in to follow this