Sign in to follow this  
三江源

It looks interesting.

I googled it and found some usa practitioners and may give it a go one of these days.

Try it and let me know

Has anyone tried this? Does anyone know much about it?

I'm thinking of giving it a go. It sounds a bit like magic.

here's some info about it

It's a bit limited but very good at what it does. I have a relative who trained in it. She said that among practitioners some of them did the moves exactly as they'd been shown and wouldn't deviate from it all and didn't look any deeper, while others were more interested in trying to find out how Bowen had worked these things out in the first place and were looking around to other systems to fill in the gaps.

I had a short treatment once and noticed some subtle realignment inside my shoulders but not much else.

Of course I practise Shiatsu so I'm completely biased.

Ok callan... a question for you .. I found out about this technique because somebody handed me a leaflet on it, from an allergy conference. I recently got a bad allergy to animal hair and got asthma which I havent shaken off completely. Bowen technique apparently is very good for respiratory disorders.

I'm not sure how or why this would be, specifically.

What do you know / think about shiatsu in relation to respiratory disorders?

I'm not sure why that would be either. It certainly relaxes and opens up the shoulders which would help breathing. Probably worth trying. In the meantime if your breathing is difficult try squeezing your thumb ( side to side rather than front to back.), that often works.

Shiatsu can certainly help respiratory conditions - might even help with the allergy.

Sorry if I dented your enthusiasm for Bowen.

can I just clarify : which part of the thumb to squeeze pleeze?

Sides of nail.

Sign in to follow this