ralis

Burning Palm System

I have read this thread with huge interest and very interested in studying kung fu arts. I visited WBBM and found there infotmation that no one outside their family and their VIP list can purchase their products. Well, it seems to be very deep internal art which is difficult to find and it is very rare. I am thinking to start Winh Chun training at the place where I reside but I am sure it is not same internal kung fu but combining them together could make a sense. I did some martial arts training but after few years I still don't have good martial skills and there is no internal training as such what is such annoying for me now that I have spent so much time and money almost for nothing. Bak mei is very rare art and difficult to find good teacher in this art.

But the good thing here I have my beer and popcorn right now and watching Ip Man movie. It is better then nothing anyway :ph34r:

Well, if Australia run out of beer I would send few cans to paleface brothers.

http://now.msn.com/man-runs-out-of-beer-calls-911-to-get-some-more

Happy New Year.

P.s. Just wonder how similiar Pak Mei and Pak Fu to Wing Chun in application and forms.

P.p.s. Almost run out of Yip Man movies. But good news is that there are few movies with Bruce Lee. And superstore is not so far

P.p.p.s. Just wonder how is it possible to learn PM kung-fu without a partner. Internal part and forms I think no problem but as far as I know they teach kungfu beginning with martial application and it is not possible to learn it on your own. So I have the idea to learn Wing Chun for application and PM for internal part. Better than beer and popcorn def.

Sounds pretty nice. But always better to have Sifu who will show the way through all gaps.

03_9.jpg

If you want to master it. It is not only internal training but martial as well. I have few years experience and I know how it is working but I have not trained in Kung fu. I know that big part of kung fu training is to train on your own. So I would train kungfu of Pak Mei (if it is possible of course) on my own and train somewhere else for learning the application with partner for self defence skills. MA training is good for alignment, timing control, flexibility and patience. in "sticky hands" it is good to work with partner to feel your own tensions and it is good sensitivity training too. I don't know exactly, may be there is some work with qi in the form like in Taichi and this is all why it is practiced. But self defence is crucial aspect of internal MA too. Only experienced teacher can see mistakes. Without it there is big chance to do something wrong. So I am thinking to visit local Wing Chun group for the aspects I have mentioned above.

Edited by Eugene

Thanks for your replies. I practice FP at the moment and probably I need to elaborate it to some level of strong energy and then practice Pak Mei stuff. But Sifu Terry said that without kung fu FP is not very effective and I myself feel that I need kung fu even for calisthenic at least.

Will one need wooden dummy in the beginning?

On your www it is said that training is started from Red Dragon practice. That should be OK with FP I believe. What there else in the beginnig?

Sifu Terry says that FP is complete system. But I think that PM stuff could boost it up. What about Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gung? Is is from Pak Fu Kung-fu system?

I am thinking seriously of PM because I plan to move very close to Sweden soon and I know you have there good man who is expert in PM stuff. :)

Edited by Eugene

I can attest to both Sigung Garry and Sigung Christers training and teaching. Both are top notch and the real deal. I am in the U.S and traing with Sigung Christer. He is an awesome teacher and friend. Sigung Garry is a legend in my mind as well as Sigung Christer. If anyone gets the opportunity to learn from either i would strongly recommend to jump at the chance. It is real deal training and will change your life. Not often you find teachers like these 2 anymore. both treasures.---J

Hi Eugene,

I train with Sigung Wretfors in Shattering Palm and Dao Gar primarily as well as Iron body etc....I also practice Bak Fu Sunn Yee Gung. The benefits I have seen and recieved from the training are both spiritual and physical. on the spiritual side I have begun to have a relationship with my body. Prior to training I practiced alot of transcending type meditations wich were good in their own right but made me feel extremely disconnected. I am now more grounded. I have had experiences with seeing light etc a few times both during and after training. primarily around people and trees. There is more of a knowingness I guess. it's hard to explain but i don't feel as if i am seeking anymore if that makes sense. Prior to really getting into the training and meditations I was constantly looking for somthing that fit my expectations of what a path and spiritual experience were and they were always short lived. I always looked for a quick path I guess. I've come to realize that the long journey is more sweet and not as abrupt. I've developed a true relationship with my teacher and consider him not just a friend but a brother as well as with Sifu Garry. Physically i have grown stronger(my wife definately likes the WBBM body.lol) I was very letharginc and work a stressful job so wasn't getting much exercise. the training changed all of that. I had a shoulder injury due to an auto accident and wasn't able to move my shoulder or raise my arm all the way up without pain. Since training the Shattering palm heigung i have full movement without pain. Interrnally i feel stronger and healthier than when i was a teenager. Most importantly for me though is the awareness that has been cultivated. I am definately more aware and life seems to be popping out at me now. It is always somthing new and exciting. I have definately seen from training that these arts are just as spiritual as they are physical in nature.... The training is somthing to look forward too daily. definately has turned into a " Kung Fu" love story. lol

Hope this helps---j

• Like 2

Hi Jiju, thats for the kind words, Sifu Christer is indeed a very good teacher and my best friend, and I see why you and him have this connection. WBBM is all about growing stronger mind, body, Qi, spirit with all our arts,,,,they are all awesome rare systems and that there is something for everyone if they really want it.

Hope all is well brother...

Sifu Garry