Sign in to follow this  
Everything

Bums

Have you guys ever been to the mall and see all the people jumping from store to store. Checking all the stuff they don't need untill they find one they REALLY don't need and then buy it. and they're so happy and busy/distracted while doing this, always smiling and laughing and praising all the precious valuables around these stores... They value it so much that every store hus a bum in front of it with a sad and depressed face playing some guitar with frozen hands for 10 years in the same position and they don't even bother thanking all the people who throw a little money anymore. Infact these bums fall asleep on their own music instruments, lol.

Even the bums get brainwashed and begin addopting the contagious perspective of these accumulators that all the excess is valuable. When everyone around you believes A and you believe B, over time you automaticly begin believing B as a simple process of addaptation to the environment. It is unconscious. And so the bums become one of them and no longer feel contented as a bum, they addopted the desires of these people who give money only because they believe that being a bum must be sad. Every penny is a contribution to the believe that the bum is sad and depressed, so he actually does become sad and depressed. They try to see the beauty in nature, try to be fed at natures breast, but nature is no longer present in such a mall. Not even a single tree. This is the worst kind of bum you can become, the kind that wanders in cities among the rats.

Do you know other kind of bums, and what do you think of bums.

"not even a single tree" :( that is very sad indeed. i have often wondered about the different classes of bums. there were the classic hobo bums who traveled down railroad tracks perhaps with a destination in mind? :unsure:

there are the folks you see holding signs "will work for food" a few years back i was traveling thru florida and came upon a guy holding a sign like this. he did look rather pitiful. i myself only had about 20 bucks but i stopped and was gonna give him a 5 spot. then his cell phone rang :o i smiled and told him he was probably doing better than me( i didnt have a cell phone) so i asked him to understand that i changed my mind about giving him 25% of my net worth. he smiled and told me he had made a couple of hundred that day holding that sign and maybe i should consider to find a spot to hold my own sign.

on one occasion i did hold a sign. i was on interstate 75 in south kentucky. the sign read "tampa florida". i stood out there about an hour B) then a kind gentleman gave me a ride to within 40 miles of tampa, he left me at a truckstop,where i still had my sign and a lady trucker driving a bobtail gave me a ride right to the door of where i was going. :D i got down there 12 hours faster than if i had riden a greyhound.

anyways there in florida i became a beach bum for awhile ,i rather enjoyed it.

Homeless people are all different.

Where I live, a large proportion of them came to the UK to find a "better" way of life. Some are Polish migrant workers that have failed to integrate into society here and been unable to find employment, others are refugees from Afghanistan or whatever place there is conflict. Then there are the locals whose luck run out - lost jobs, homes, wives and found a temporary liking for white cider.

I see homeless females with black eyes and tears. I see junkies who would rob people if they had the energy. I see old men with olive brown skin who don't speak the local language.

I feel for them. Whether they spend the cash I give them on booze, drugs or food is their choice. I simply give them a means with which, if they wanted to, they could help and nurture themselves, albeit for a short while.

A long time ago, I learnt that you can only help those who want help. Most homeless people I see want help.

Love,

James

Sign in to follow this