InfinityTruth

Keep Getting Horny During Meditation :(

Any Remedy? The last 5 times I've been trying to meditate I wind up getting a boner (My thoughts change suddenly over to that stuff) and its all downhill from there. Its so distracting I have had to completely stop the meditation 4 out of those 5 times. :(

Do you get horny, or is it just the physical erection?

I dunno about the rest of you guys, but from my knowledge and experience, it's NORMAL to get an erection every once in a while (in a non-sexual way). It means blood is flowing to that area. In fact, one of the tests to see if someone has ED or if it's all just a mind thing, is to see if he wakes up with morning wood or gets erections throughout the day. If he doesn't, that could mean something. If he does, just not when he wants/needs to, then it's most likely a mental/anxiety thing. But I digress....

Do you start thinking thoughts during meditation that leads you to have an erection, or do you get it, and then start thinking stuff? Thoughts and body responses which happen simultaneously over a long enough period of time can actually cause each other. Thoughts causing reactions in the body, actions in the body causing reactive thoughts.

Rather than stopping meditation, work through them. Where are they coming from? Let them go. Where is the erection coming from? Let it go. Basically- what came first, the chicken or the egg? Then let both go.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

Any Remedy? The last 5 times I've been trying to meditate I wind up getting a boner (My thoughts change suddenly over to that stuff) and its all downhill from there. Its so distracting I have had to completely stop the meditation 4 out of those 5 times. :(

Congratulations, and welcome! You're human.

The Buddha said that if there was another impulse as strong as sexuality he would have failed to reach enlightenment, so we're in good company. If you're under 35 you're going to have to accept this condition. If you don't have a regular sex

partner who does SOD (sex on demand) then sexual fantasies will continue to be part of your waking experience, especially when you're trying to meditate.

Meditation is about cultivating present time awareness and we do this by non-judgmentally accepting discursive thoughts of our monkey-mind and bringing our attention back to our breath (or whatever meditation tool we may be employing). But acquiringthe skill of impulse control is a big part of mind-training and there really is no way around this work. You can't be a musician without practicing your scales!

I have to confess that it's easy for me to say this, since at my age the impulse has calmed down considerably.

You can always go on Paxil ;)

• Like 1

Yes, if you are a young man & also practicing celibacy of one form or another - as well as your meditation ... good luck ^_^

Its a tough situation to crack, it does become a little easier with age B)

Perfectly normal and ok - just don't stop meditating ... keep going ... don't get upset by these thoughts and reactions ....

Basically- what came first, the chicken or the egg? Then let both go.

I think the egg came first, think he's having trouble letting that one go.

So have a look at those 2 big round eggs, jumping up and down, and imagine that they are the 2 round eggs of your biology class with all the insides and mechanics that come into play. This gives you a new perspective, you can always go back to the original impulsive perspective of sexually active eggs easily.

Does it vibrate? Utilize it, breathe it into your dantien and the erection should subside. Dispense with the sexual thoughts, focus the awareness on physical mechanisms of breath to keep the thought-stream-energy occupied.

Soundslike...correlation may or may not be correct and applicable...

In Taoist Yoga, Lu references it as the postnatal generative force vibrating to seek an outlet and also inadequate circulation of fire in meditation that fails to reach and 'check' the penis. e.g. the energy is generated but is relatively idle and thus seeks an outlet.

Does it vibrate? Utilize it, breathe it into your dantien and the erection should subside. Dispense with the sexual thoughts, focus the awareness on physical mechanisms of breath to keep the thought-stream-energy occupied.

Soundslike...correlation may or may not be correct and applicable...

In Taoist Yoga, Lu references it as the postnatal generative force vibrating to seek an outlet and also inadequate circulation of fire in meditation that fails to reach and 'check' the penis. e.g. the energy is generated but is relatively idle and thus seeks an outlet.

I'll have to second that, this happens to me now and then, and when it does it just breathe that extra chi in "mr. happy" out and store it in my dan tien, mr. happy calms down, the dan tien has more juice, and the people did rejoice :-D

I've found that doing the cool draw from the penis alone takes only about a min, and its a lot of chi in the penis that is really responsible for a lot of our arousal anyways.
I can only theoretically discuss this issue as i have not experienced it myself but i think you are wrong. You need more than 1 minute for the exercise. You have to prepare yourself and you have to do other exercises regularily. The prerequisite for doing testicle breathing properly or for doing the big draw is to have an open microcosmic orbit. If you want to have an open mco, you have to meditate daily at least 30 minutes.

Well, actually it is an opportunity, just like anything else in life.

I know of a couple of instances of Tibetan monks who died sitting up in meditation after being critically beaten by the Chinese army. What would they have been responding to, in that meditation, and how would they have responded to it as they "died"? Could be exactly the same answer you are looking for? What's a little hard-on to the one who is actually doing the meditation? Stay with it, or it is not actually meditation.

I can only theoretically discuss this issue as i have not experienced it myself but i think you are wrong. You need more than 1 minute for the exercise. You have to prepare yourself and you have to do other exercises regularily. The prerequisite for doing testicle breathing properly or for doing the big draw is to have an open microcosmic orbit. If you want to have an open mco, you have to meditate daily at least 30 minutes.

I'd agree with you, testicle breathing does take the amount of time you mentioned. So I guess one might call this "penis" breathing? lol, because what I'm saying is from personal experience :-)

More familiar things.

The first time it happened, I felt all ashamed and embarrassed and then I had to wonder "wait a minute, what's embarrassing about this feeling?"

Well, turned out for me it was in the embarrassing/shameful category for reasons I really can't recall. So I just took the category off.

I was however somewhat relieved to read the jing/serotonin thread because yes those spontaneous O's have been plaguing me for a while. Hahaha. Who would've thunk it that meditation could take one there :-) ?

But isn't it kind of cool B) ?

More familiar things.

The first time it happened, I felt all ashamed and embarrassed and then I had to wonder "wait a minute, what's embarrassing about this feeling?"

Well, turned out for me it was in the embarrassing/shameful category for reasons I really can't recall. So I just took the category off.

I was however somewhat relieved to read the jing/serotonin thread because yes those spontaneous O's have been plaguing me for a while. Hahaha. Who would've thunk it that meditation could take one there :-) ?

But isn't it kind of cool B) ?

I had lotsa spontaneous orgasms in my early days. Sometimes they were continual, 24/7. They happened so much my body would start to ache from all the pelvic rocking. I would stay in my apartment because I didn't know when one would "go off".

Eventually, I learned to channel and diffuse that energy through my whole body and then offer it to the universe and the earth for healing purposes. I had time to figure that out by my self because the orgasms would last for hours and hours. Good thing I had no job and I had only a couple of classes at art school.

Now, almost 20 years later, those days are long gone...i kinda miss them to tell you the truth. Now, in it's place the whole universe has a blissful hum that I can feel in my body 24/7 which I can amplify or diminish at will.

love that,

s

I had lotsa spontaneous orgasms in my early days. Sometimes they were continual, 24/7. They happened so much my body would start to ache from all the pelvic rocking. I would stay in my apartment because I didn't know when one would "go off".

Eventually, I learned to channel and diffuse that energy through my whole body and then offer it to the universe and the earth for healing purposes. I had time to figure that out by my self because the orgasms would last for hours and hours. Good thing I had no job and I had only a couple of classes at art school.

Now, almost 20 years later, those days are long gone...i kinda miss them to tell you the truth. Now, in it's place the whole universe has a blissful hum that I can feel in my body 24/7 which I can amplify or diminish at will.

love that,

s

Um please tell me how does one achieve this :D lol

Um please tell me how does one achieve this :D lol

When the kundalini began to rise through my body. It spread out thru the chakras, dantiens, meridians, nadis, into the cells, into the places in between my cells. It filled my bones, my organs, my breath...

My kundalini process and meditation was ALOT of fun and very pleasureable.

YMMV

s