If the spirits were not by means of it divine,
They would be powerless.
If valleys were not by means of it full,
They would dry up.
And if marquises and kings
Were not by means of it noble and high,
They would topple and fall.

The things that are hated by the whole world
Are to be orphaned, widowed, and have no grain.
Yet marquises and kings take these as their names.
Therefore,
It must be the case that
The noble has the base as its root;
And it must be the case that
The high has the low for its foundation.
This is taking the base as one’s root, is it not?!
And because of this,
Marquises and kings desire not
To dazzle and glitter like jade,
But to remain firm and strong like stone.
Rather than jingle like the jade,
Rumble like the rocks.

The Power Behind Spring And Autumn

“My disciple, why are you so surprised? Spring comes and all vegetation grows. Autumn arrives and the harvest is taken in. Now, do you suppose spring and autumn do these things without something behind them?

How A Sage Lives In The World

The Great Sage held firm to the center and took things as they came along. He was unaware of the beginning and the end; of the past and the present and had no concerns about the future. He followed the process of change in Nature, but in keeping to the One, he knew that the One was eternal and changeless. He did not forget the unity of things for a moment. For one who tries to model himself after Nature and fails, perishes with the common things and loses the power with which to meet the affairs of the day. The Sage is unconscious of Nature and of man, of beginnings and of material things. He goes about in this world without falling back and in all that he does, he never fails. That is how he keeps close to the Tao.

Edited by Marblehead

A common example would be the whining sound of fearfull humans among agressive actions of angry men. A perfect unity even in such a situation is everpresent.

So the sage walks in and he notices this unity. He holds to it, attains the one, he becomes the sum of these people. He notices the confidence of the agressive and the nurturing cares of the fearfull. The sage draws his ultimate weapon... Determined by sheer couragiousness he approaches the angry people and gives them the coockies, setting an couragious example for the fearfull and a caring and nurturing example for the angry. But I have no idea what I'm talking about

Sometimes I will say I love you! :angry:

Other times I get angry :)

But I understand everything... :huh:

Sometimes we face a certain death with ultimate couragiousness :unsure:

Though we may lack discipline :ninja:

And shy away from our failures B)

Understand that perfect unity can never be attained eitherway, so stay confident in your journey :blush:

Let me also express my hate towards all these emoticons presenting the unity :wub:

I just let a tear go :D

This post is far from perfect and requires the least amount of attention :excl:

Edited by Everything

This post is far from perfect and requires the least amount of attention :excl:

Hehehe. It might could use a little bit of editing.

Actually, I believe it is an error to try to define the charactistic traits of a Sage because the Sage lives spontaneously. His/her inspirations come from within as inspired by the moment. Never know when he/she is going to stand up or sit down.

Hehehe. It might could use a little bit of editing.

Actually, I believe it is an error to try to define the charactistic traits of a Sage because the Sage lives spontaneously. His/her inspirations come from within as inspired by the moment. Never know when he/she is going to stand up or sit down.

Actually, every post need ALOT more editting. Infact, if we would edit our posts atleast once per day, 6 months in a row before posting it, it would be heaven on Tao Bums.

Also, sometimes when people insist that I sit, I stand on the chair... :D

It works great for me, all the time.

Isn't that like attaining the one? You stand, but you still agree with the person inclining that you claim a position as your own in order to join the pack.

Edited by Everything

Ha! Unedited posts are normal more fun. Hehehe

You stand, but you still agree with the person inclining that you claim a position as your own in order to join the pack.

I have never been a pack animal. This goes back as far as I can remember. Even in the Army I was pretty much a loner except when on duty.

Sign in to follow this