Sign in to follow this  
freeform

Cleansing the Eyes

I've had blood-shot eyes for many many years - do any of you knowledgeable folks know of any eye-cleansing methods? (I've started doing Mantak's self-massage recomendations which are helping - but I like having many options)

Edited by freeform

as far as i know.... bloodshot eyes are caused by problems in the lungs.

white of the eyes relates to the lungs.

lung cleanse and perhaps the eyes will clear.

i got blood shot eyes from smoking (weed and cigarrettes) although i don't smoke either in anywhere near the kind of quanity i once did.

as for neti, cos i can't be bothered going back to the other post..... i realise that neti actually also addresses the ears, it's part of the same canal.

Lots of possible causes, but one method that covers a lot of bases is Palming. (See Bates, and especially Meir Schneider's work with this). Rub palms together, place over eyes gently, and visualize blackness. Do this for a few minutes at a time as often as possible. I sometimes prop my elbows on pillows so I'm not creating any neck tension.

An eye mask is great too, the kind that blocks all light.. I love the one I have called the Bucky eye mask :). Schneider says it's best to palm using your hands, but for sleep and when you want to relax for longer periods of time than you can do the palming, the mask is great.

Also if you're at the computer for long periods, look out the window periodically and focus on something in the distance.

Avoid eye irritants like chlorinated water. I have a shower filter and try to remember to wash my face with that water rather than from the sink.

If you have dry eyes, an Ayurvedic remedy is to put a drop of ghee or sesame oil in the eyes.. I'm a little skittish about putting things in my eye, and haven't tried that, but it's traditional and I'm sure it's safe.

Another Ayurvedic remedy for excess Pitta in the eyes is to wipe the eyelids (while closed) with aloe vera juice (very cooling) or rosewater. Just a very small amount gets into the eye, and it should be comfortable.

Cod liver oil for Vitamin A. (in the mouth, not in the eyes :)

Eyebright herbal infusion, or you can use a tincture if you boil off the alcohol or dilute enough so it doesn't irritate, use as an eye wash.

Homeopathic Euphrasia (eyebright), medium potency like 30C.

-Karen

4. Tratak

This kriya is for cleansing and strengthening the eyes. The eyes are focussed usually on a small object or the flame of the lamp in a dark room, without blinking, until they water. Advanced variations involve gazing at a portrait of god or even imagining it in your mind's eye.

http://www.chrysalisyog.homestead.com/kriyas.html

My eye doctor recommended colloidal silver 500 ppm for red eyes and eye infections.

diluted with water

I part colloidal silver

9 parts water

BTW my eye doctor is a genius.

He invented a machine for vision training.

I've trained with him a number of times and no glasses.

He trains pilots and athletes along with us common folk.

He recently moved to seattle.

His site lists other practitioners who do his training.

http://www.accommotrac.com/index.html

Sign in to follow this