Non

PC Zaps Qi

I can do qigong and I'll be feeling great, focused etc. my eyes awesome my head clear. Not 15 minutes on the comp ALL of that qigong stuff is out the door and I'm left with tired eyes, mental and physical lethargy, scattered mind and inability to concentrate, low energy in general. then it's hard to get out of this, out of this pattern. After I am zapped I'm pretty much done for the day and the rest of the day is shit... even qigong after this doesn't help as much. Maybe a nap, but still no matter how many naps I take I don't have enough time to take all those naps.

Edited by Non

I can do qigong and I'll be feeling great, focused etc. my eyes awesome my head clear. Not 15 minutes on the comp ALL of that qigong stuff is out the door and I'm left with tired eyes, mental and physical lethargy, scattered mind and inability to concentrate, low energy in general. then it's hard to get out of this, out of this pattern. After I am zapped I'm pretty much done for the day and the rest of the day is shit... even qigong after this doesn't help as much. Maybe a nap, but still no matter how many naps I take I don't have enough time to take all those naps.

Well. Im pretty heavy into gaming, playing loud music, and having 10 tabs in both windows open, and msn/yahoo/aim/facebook chat.

Focus/thoughts all take chi.. If you meditate, or do chi kung wait 15 minutes before listening to music or go on the computer. Need to let your mind adapt to your surrounding again, aswell as your chi.

If you're feeling lethargic from being on the computer it is probably a different problem.

More activity, less computer time.

Consider the mental attitude towards the computer, and what you do with the computer. For instance, getting on TTB's and thinking about how much your life sucks, about how women just want to be abused, about how you'll never give the women what they "really" want. You've heaped a whole bunch of negative connotations together with the computer.

Compound that with some classical conditioning, and you've got a recipe for success: pretty soon you don't even have to think, you sit at the computer, and start to feel sad and depressed and drained.

Seriously, start examining why you even need to get on the computer. Unless you absolutely HAVE to, DON'T! If you ever find yourself at the computer going, "sigh, I wonder what I should look up now? Don't really feel like much...." GET UP, LEAVE THE ROOM, and DO SOMETHING ELSE!

If you don't have something that you MUST be doing on the computer, there is no reason for you to be there. If there's no reason for you to be there, then piddling around on it will not do anything constructive or healthy, it will only bring you down, so get up and go do more qigong or exercise or read a book or study or go talk to people or SOMETHING.

[edit] Oh, another thing, consider what you're LOOKING for. Like the people who claim that ejaculation saps their energy and is the bane of their existence, and cry every time they blow their load, afterward they are tired and their muscles don't work as well. That's your body RELAXING, but they look for even the faintest sign of fatigue and weakness and then proclaim, "obviously it saps your strength, see, right after I came, I couldn't go workout, yup, it saps your strength."

It's like, maybe, MAYBE you should have just relaxed, and chilled, and find out what that means, rather than jumping to conclusions.

Maybe you EXPECT the computer to fatigue you, so as soon as you sit down for 15 minutes (you getting settled in), you don't feel like moving, etc, and you are mistakenly attributing that as the computer's fault....

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 1

Guess you'll have to get a Mac.

LOL - all the industrial design of a Mac turns chi into lust. Better to go Linux in an alienware box (or would that be lust for power)

This may change everything:

Anytime you are on your computer, be STANDING. Never sit down. No matter how good you think your posture may be, it does not compare to the natural optimized flow of energy that standing facilitates

• Like 1

You may be encountering EMF from the computer. I know my laptop used to be horrible with EMF to me. I felted drained, major eye strain, and it even got so bad that the keys of my computer were literally stinging my fingers, thats when I knew I had to do something about it. I found this great company called earthcalm which has been around for a while providing products to help deal with EMF, My link. They're products are a bit pricey but IMO WELL worth it if your having serious issues with EMF. I got the wifi device for my computer and the eco tech device for my cellphone and it completely got rid of the problems I was having. I also got the personal scalar pendant which I may not recommend. The personal pendant is supposed to always keep your energy free from EMF, however it says that there is about 1-2 weeks of detox symptoms associated with it. I wore it for a week, but the detox symptoms got pretty bad and I didn't like how it was messing with my energy so I sent it back. However both the wifi computer device and the cell phone ones have been a real life saver for me and I highly recommend them.

This may change everything:

Anytime you are on your computer, be STANDING. Never sit down. No matter how good you think your posture may be, it does not compare to the natural optimized flow of energy that standing facilitates

I wonder if people have any experience with this? I'm a software developer so I spend vast amounts of time in front of my PC. Recently I've decided to try standing while working to see if it's a better fit for me. I have the desk part sorted out, so currently I work half an hour standing and half an hour sitting (I can't stand much longer than that yet, nor do I think I want to switch to only standing all the time).

The question however is - what's a good way to stand? Good not only in the sense of natural, but also hopefully with some internal training thrown in. Maybe something like the standing/pole qigong posture? Would that be a good idea given that I have to use my hands on the keyboard etc.

I wonder if people have any experience with this? I'm a software developer so I spend vast amounts of time in front of my PC. Recently I've decided to try standing while working to see if it's a better fit for me. I have the desk part sorted out, so currently I work half an hour standing and half an hour sitting (I can't stand much longer than that yet, nor do I think I want to switch to only standing all the time).

The question however is - what's a good way to stand? Good not only in the sense of natural, but also hopefully with some internal training thrown in. Maybe something like the standing/pole qigong posture? Would that be a good idea given that I have to use my hands on the keyboard etc.

a woman told me one shd regularly take breaks from the computer because while on the computer one would use the muscles connected with the collar bone to breathe instead of the abdomen, so you shd take breaks to belly breath. if a person uses the computer a lot it could weaken the belly breathing capacity/strength so you should build up the muscles to belly breathe deeply

Edited by Non