Sign in to follow this  
Dusk

Stress and Health

So today I got really stressed out because I thought I lost my iPod. I was both happy, because I felt I could really embrace my life without material things, and very frustrated because I only got my iPod around a month ago for my birthday. So I decided to work out and channel my frustration into motivation for weight lifting and running. This worked pretty well but I suppose I've been far too stressed because I tensed up a lot during it. Then afterwards I went to the bathroom and found out I had a hernia... My mom told me that's what it was and she's in the medical field, so I'm gonna need to get it checked out now.

So moral of the story: I really feel like meditation should occur much more often in my life, hopefully daily. My lack of this vital time could very likely have led to this hernia because as my mother said it's caused by straining yourself and I probably could have been fine if I hadn't tensed up so much. This tensing was also clearly caused by my stress and my lack of meditation to fix it. I feel like other people should probably learn from this too because I know a lot of other health problems can be caused by stress and I hope that I personally can avoid issues like this in the future through meditation and practicing of the principles of the Tao Te Ching.

Thought I'd share that with y'all. I hope someone finds it interesting or useful...

You are the farmer and the Ipod is your wild horse (see classic story of ultimate stoic taoist farmer)

lost the ipod, maybe good, maybe bad

worked out, maybe good, maybe bad

possible hernia, maybe good, maybe bad

Stress, maybe good, maybe bad

reality flips things around constantly, stay mellow and enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this