zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

Recommended Posts

Back of guy's t-shirt in front of me on supermarket checkout queue  ( I had to break 'social distancing ' to get close enough to read it ) :

 

 

 

If you are close enough

to be able to read this ...

I just farted .

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Norm MacDonald passed away recently, RIP.  He battled cancer for 9 years and no one knew, badass.  His Netflix series “Norm MacDonald Has a Show” (a series of interviews) is absolutely charming.  So I’ve been watching compilations of his comedy that are surfacing on youtube.  Enjoy.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, Nungali said:

Back of guy's t-shirt in front of me on supermarket checkout queue  ( I had to break 'social distancing ' to get close enough to read it ) :

 

 

 

If you are close enough

to be able to read this ...

I just farted .

 

 

I've got one similar.  I was driving through the desert, out in the middle of nowhere.  I stopped at a restaurant to use the restroom, which was an outhouse built out of rocks.  I was just sitting there, when I noticed that someone had written between two rocks, really teeny, the following words.  I had to lean way forward to see them:     "F*!k you, eagle eyes"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tightrope Walker

 

Quote

At the beginning of Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the protagonist enters the marketplace where the crowd is fixated on a tightrope walker. Zarathustra proclaims that man is the tightrope walker between ape and übermensch. If we read this in an evolutionary context with regards to the human species, we are the tightrope walkers between homo sapiens and übermensch. When humanity settled down, we left behind the stable evolution of hunter gatherer life which had proven survival value and longevity. Becoming a settled agricultural species has set in motion a precarious chain of events. 

 

In Thus Spoke Zarathustra the tightrope walker falls and dies from his injuries. Two options; either walk the tightrope or fall. Yet there’s a third possibility. I’d say our human situation has been for a long time something more like this:

 

Spoiler

20bef573e36cc4d1305bfc14a937291d.thumb.jpg.ec5775b113dff50608c2f995a1e72b91.jpg

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Apech said:

The history of science according to the Daobums research department:

 

 

E_u7jfTXIAQHH5i.thumb.jpeg.ce84911cdb2a5c7fc8f61d3fbb1d9af3.jpeg

 

( My finger slipped  and I cant undo 'sad'  ... was supposed to be :laugh:  )

 

I have two questions ;

 

1.  Are we going to start having 'anti covid / anti vax / pro vax, Qanon '  like  demonstrations about this  Finnish and Korean Hyper War  ?

 

 

2. What is an  ' African proto kangdom' ?

 

3468997506_b133098ffc_b.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Yueya said:

The Tightrope Walker

 

 

In Thus Spoke Zarathustra the tightrope walker falls and dies from his injuries. Two options; either walk the tightrope or fall. Yet there’s a third possibility. I’d say our human situation has been for a long time something more like this:

 

  Hide contents

20bef573e36cc4d1305bfc14a937291d.thumb.jpg.ec5775b113dff50608c2f995a1e72b91.jpg

 

 

 

 

Oooooch ! 

 

Hey Yueya ,   you got a lot of fireflies out at the moment  ?     So many here , they been floating around and blinking inside the cabin at night  .   :) 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nungali said:

 

 

Oooooch ! 

 

Hey Yueya ,   you got a lot of fireflies out at the moment  ?     So many here , they been floating around and blinking inside the cabin at night  .   :) 

 

 

 

I love it when there are fireflies around. You're blessed to have them already, especially inside. They are magical. But none here as yet. They normally come in October when it’s warmer. It’s still chilly here some mornings. Sadly, last year only a few. I assume the massive forest fire of 2019 decimated them. 

 

Overall, however, in the aftermath of so much loss of flora and fauna, the forest is recovering well. Masses of native regrowth. And the lantana is almost entirely gone. :) But as yet not much wildlife other than birds. I particularly miss the wallabies that were abundant here. Only a few now…  

 

 

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Yueya said:

 

I love it when there are fireflies around. You're blessed to have them already, especially inside. They are magical. But none here as yet. They normally come in October when it’s warmer. It’s still chilly here some mornings. Sadly, last year only a few. I assume the massive forest fire of 2019 decimated them. 

 

Some years here there are less about, some years abundant . They came early this year, end of winter . I first noticed one night outside and the lawn was wiggling with lights , fireflies coming out of the ground and climbing up grass  blades to launch .

 

 

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

 

Overall, however, in the aftermath of so much loss of flora and fauna, the forest is recovering well. Masses of native regrowth. And the lantana is almost entirely gone. :)

 

Told ya  !  ;)   

 

 

 

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

 

 

 But as yet not much wildlife other than birds. I particularly miss the wallabies that were abundant here. Only a few now…  

 

 

 

 

I think they came down here . Many people have noticed an unusual abundance here , of all sorts  of wallabies, pademelons  (  :) our readers are probably ;  "  ... a what ?    *  )   even the occasional quoll .   Every morning the grass is covered with  padepoo , even right up near the cabin and in the car port !  .

 

For Bums elucidation ;

Macropods :

Kangaroo;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOAFSrXK-_n5K4lwf9UqQ

 

Wallaby;

1200px-Red_necked_wallaby444.jpg

 

Pademelon;

 

01664571.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Feral rainforest koala ;

 

1*3i1hzBDCWIRE65a9jLjmuQ.jpeg

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nungali said:

 

( My finger slipped  and I cant undo 'sad'  ... was supposed to be :laugh:  )

 

I have two questions ;

 

1.  Are we going to start having 'anti covid / anti vax / pro vax, Qanon '  like  demonstrations about this  Finnish and Korean Hyper War  ?

 

 

2. What is an  ' African proto kangdom' ?

 

3468997506_b133098ffc_b.jpg

 

 

 

Are you saying your sadness could not turn to joy?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites