zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

This year’s Fibonacci convention is going to be really special. Apparently it’s as big as the last two put together.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, manitou said:

That is adorable!  I love how the speaker became the raccoon.  A oneness of sorts :)

Here is my fav  racoon video ;

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

Here is my fav  racoon video ;

You're rife with raccoon vids.  Anything on iguanas?

As a child I had a pet iguana.

My best buddy a pet raccoon.

One morning the iguana was gone.

The iguanas cage was open... and so was the raccoons.

Iguanas remains were mostly eaten. 

The raccoon when returned to its cage didn't eat for 2 or three days...

Go figure?

We lived in a semi wild area.

My Grandad and I live trapped a lot of raccoons, hazed them to try to keep them from raiding trash cans.

Caught alot of em them live in a trash can. Then drove it slowly down a bumpy road, and released far away. Hopefully discouraged an confused enough not to return.

• Like 2

I luv em !   No doubt they are trouble ... but I am 'immune' to that  .... closest thing we got here would be a possum I suppose .

They are nice possums , ring tails and pygmy possums  ...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSK3xI33a2IhGJugYkqgGL    Pygmy-Possum_Amanda-McLean-Copy-1.jpg

not like that other sort  .... with the 'O' in front   .... ugh !

opossum-c-david-cappaert-michigan-state-

What the hell is that thing !  Looks like a bad cross between a panda and a rat .

Edited by Nungali
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Nungali said:

not like that other sort  .... with the 'O' in front   .... ugh !

opossum-c-david-cappaert-michigan-state-

What the hell is that thing !  Looks like a bad cross between a panda and a rat .

they are magical majestic creatures when you meet the right ones. Three curious ones showed up and made a believer out of me.

Made believers out of the entire street.

• Like 1

Old  time farmers in some areas of UK used to let their goats wander along the railway tracks .   The train would come , slow down , blow its horn , but nothing, goats being like they are  would not move .

So the train would have to stop and the engine driver and fireman would start throwing lumps of coal at them from the train . Eventually the goats would run off  and the train continue on its way .

And then  the farmer would go and collect the coal .

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, zerostao said:

they are magical majestic creatures when you meet the right ones. Three curious ones showed up and made a believer out of me.

Made believers out of the entire street.

I had one living in the wall above my bed .   Occasionally I would give her a  bush lollypop  ( stick dipped in honey .) . One time while I was giving her one , a  tiny head and hands popped out her 'stomach'  and snatched it .    The one before that lived in a box I made under the eaves on the other side of the cabin . She was a real sweetie, I would stand on the lounge chair open the box and she would sniff my face all over , and I would do the same back  - wonderful smell , like gum leaves, blossoms and puppies .

One particularly cold winter  I got into the habit of waking at 'first light' , getting up and making a coffee and a hot water bottle , going back to bed  and reading or going on line . One morning as I was doing it,  Nu-nu ( this possum)  came home , I opened the box ( from my side ) we had a sniff and I thought she looked a bit 'shivery' / cold .  So I got a small plastic  bottle and filled it with warm water and put it in the box .  I got into the habit of that ; one for me, one for her, each morning .

Then one morning , I had a friend stay over and she was in my bed , I awoke early, and got up, made  2 coffees  and out of habit made Nu-nu a hot water bottle and lobbed it in the box and returned to bed .  My friend was giving me the strangest look ; " What did you just do then ? "

Me; " Oh, I was just ..... ummm  ..... making Nu-nu a hot water bottle  . "

"What ? "

" There is a possum in there and its cold so I make her a hot water bottle when she comes into her bed in the  morning . "

- the look I got .  :D   Then she adds " You're nuts . Thats a wild animal. covered with fur , it doesnt need a hot water bottle ." I thought she was probably right  ..... but I went back and had a peek, slowly opened the box and looked in and there was Nu-nu one of my old t-shirts I had put in there for 'bedding'  straddling the warm bottle, with her tummy on it and holding her hands on it .

She glared at us, as if  ' Well, what are you looking at ? "    :D

• Like 3

I did it 3 days ago .... into a lumber yard . But I made sure I was enough ahead of him so he didnt see . 

Speeding along happily and then a line of cars passed me going the other way, in the middle was a Highway Patrol.  I eyeballed him in the rear-view mirror  , red and blue lights went on, but a quick U-turn  could not happen immediately due to traffic . I went around a bend, out of view and  straight ahead at the next intersection , turning left there is the main route , so when he got there , he had to make a guess which way I went .  In case he guessed I went straight ahead , I turned into the  lumber yard ( which I have been frequenting lately for building supplies  ) and parked behind a truck , and ducked inside  the hardware store there.

Guy that usually serves me ;  " You're in a hurry , what do you want today ? "

" I think I will browse for a bit . "

" Oh ?   ' Hurried browsing' ? "

" Highway Patrol is after me ."

So we waited a bit and he went out to check up and down the road .  All clear .

So I went home via  a back route .

• Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, Nungali said:

I did it 3 days ago .... into a lumber yard . But I made sure I was enough ahead of him so he didnt see . 

Speeding along happily and then a line of cars passed me going the other way, in the middle was a Highway Patrol.  I eyeballed him in the rear-view mirror  , red and blue lights went on, but a quick U-turn  could not happen immediately due to traffic . I went around a bend, out of view and  straight ahead at the next intersection , turning left there is the main route , so when he got there , he had to make a guess which way I went .  In case he guessed I went straight ahead , I turned into the  lumber yard ( which I have been frequenting lately for building supplies  ) and parked behind a truck , and ducked inside  the hardware store there.

You little dickens you.

The latest 'on set' joke .

< bad joke warning >

Spoiler

" Bang bang - ha har - you're dead !   ....... Ohhh   ...... Oooooops.  "

On 10/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, Nungali said:

Scofflaw.