zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

Back of guy's t-shirt in front of me on supermarket checkout queue  ( I had to break 'social distancing ' to get close enough to read it ) :

If you are close enough

to be able to read this ...

I just farted .

• Haha 1

Norm MacDonald passed away recently, RIP.  He battled cancer for 9 years and no one knew, badass.  His Netflix series “Norm MacDonald Has a Show” (a series of interviews) is absolutely charming.  So I’ve been watching compilations of his comedy that are surfacing on youtube.  Enjoy.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2021 at 4:18 PM, Nungali said:

Back of guy's t-shirt in front of me on supermarket checkout queue  ( I had to break 'social distancing ' to get close enough to read it ) :

If you are close enough

to be able to read this ...

I just farted .

I've got one similar.  I was driving through the desert, out in the middle of nowhere.  I stopped at a restaurant to use the restroom, which was an outhouse built out of rocks.  I was just sitting there, when I noticed that someone had written between two rocks, really teeny, the following words.  I had to lean way forward to see them:     "F*!k you, eagle eyes"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Tightrope Walker

At the beginning of Thus Spoke Zarathustra, the protagonist enters the marketplace where the crowd is fixated on a tightrope walker. Zarathustra proclaims that man is the tightrope walker between ape and übermensch. If we read this in an evolutionary context with regards to the human species, we are the tightrope walkers between homo sapiens and übermensch. When humanity settled down, we left behind the stable evolution of hunter gatherer life which had proven survival value and longevity. Becoming a settled agricultural species has set in motion a precarious chain of events. 

In Thus Spoke Zarathustra the tightrope walker falls and dies from his injuries. Two options; either walk the tightrope or fall. Yet there’s a third possibility. I’d say our human situation has been for a long time something more like this:

Spoiler

20bef573e36cc4d1305bfc14a937291d.thumb.jpg.ec5775b113dff50608c2f995a1e72b91.jpg

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Apech said:

The history of science according to the Daobums research department:

E_u7jfTXIAQHH5i.thumb.jpeg.ce84911cdb2a5c7fc8f61d3fbb1d9af3.jpeg

( My finger slipped  and I cant undo 'sad'  ... was supposed to be :laugh:  )

I have two questions ;

1.  Are we going to start having 'anti covid / anti vax / pro vax, Qanon '  like  demonstrations about this  Finnish and Korean Hyper War  ?

2. What is an  ' African proto kangdom' ?

3468997506_b133098ffc_b.jpg

39 minutes ago, Yueya said:

The Tightrope Walker

In Thus Spoke Zarathustra the tightrope walker falls and dies from his injuries. Two options; either walk the tightrope or fall. Yet there’s a third possibility. I’d say our human situation has been for a long time something more like this:

Hide contents

20bef573e36cc4d1305bfc14a937291d.thumb.jpg.ec5775b113dff50608c2f995a1e72b91.jpg

Oooooch ! 

Hey Yueya ,   you got a lot of fireflies out at the moment  ?     So many here , they been floating around and blinking inside the cabin at night  .   :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Oooooch ! 

Hey Yueya ,   you got a lot of fireflies out at the moment  ?     So many here , they been floating around and blinking inside the cabin at night  .   :) 

I love it when there are fireflies around. You're blessed to have them already, especially inside. They are magical. But none here as yet. They normally come in October when it’s warmer. It’s still chilly here some mornings. Sadly, last year only a few. I assume the massive forest fire of 2019 decimated them. 

Overall, however, in the aftermath of so much loss of flora and fauna, the forest is recovering well. Masses of native regrowth. And the lantana is almost entirely gone. :) But as yet not much wildlife other than birds. I particularly miss the wallabies that were abundant here. Only a few now…  

Edited by Yueya
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

I love it when there are fireflies around. You're blessed to have them already, especially inside. They are magical. But none here as yet. They normally come in October when it’s warmer. It’s still chilly here some mornings. Sadly, last year only a few. I assume the massive forest fire of 2019 decimated them. 

Some years here there are less about, some years abundant . They came early this year, end of winter . I first noticed one night outside and the lawn was wiggling with lights , fireflies coming out of the ground and climbing up grass  blades to launch .

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

Overall, however, in the aftermath of so much loss of flora and fauna, the forest is recovering well. Masses of native regrowth. And the lantana is almost entirely gone. :)

Told ya  !  ;)   

5 hours ago, Yueya said:

But as yet not much wildlife other than birds. I particularly miss the wallabies that were abundant here. Only a few now…  

I think they came down here . Many people have noticed an unusual abundance here , of all sorts  of wallabies, pademelons  (  :) our readers are probably ;  "  ... a what ?    *  )   even the occasional quoll .   Every morning the grass is covered with  padepoo , even right up near the cabin and in the car port !  .

For Bums elucidation ;

Macropods :

Kangaroo;

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOAFSrXK-_n5K4lwf9UqQ

Wallaby;

1200px-Red_necked_wallaby444.jpg

Pademelon;

01664571.jpg

Feral rainforest koala ;

1*3i1hzBDCWIRE65a9jLjmuQ.jpeg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Nungali said:

( My finger slipped  and I cant undo 'sad'  ... was supposed to be :laugh:  )

I have two questions ;

1.  Are we going to start having 'anti covid / anti vax / pro vax, Qanon '  like  demonstrations about this  Finnish and Korean Hyper War  ?

2. What is an  ' African proto kangdom' ?

3468997506_b133098ffc_b.jpg

Are you saying your sadness could not turn to joy?

23 hours ago, senseless virtue said:

@Apech A wrathful wisdom teacher.

Phew!  I just took an IQ test.  It came back negative, thank God.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 24/09/2021 at 1:16 AM, Apech said:

E_-f2A6WYAEhekl.png.12a0fd1ef73c1df26cb9827d1b0d794f.png

No way did I laugh at that. It reminded me of a news article I read a few days ago:

I used to drink until I passed out so I could forget my past. Then I got a cat

“In 2019, I was in the throes of recovering from a devastating rape. I was constantly suicidal. I knew that I needed something other than myself to stay alive for. So, I got a kitten.

Before I got my cat, I would spend the evenings drinking until I passed out. I used to drink until I didn't know where I was, or who I was, or what had happened to me. I would wake up bleary-eyed and sick and shaking — but at least I'd have forgotten what it feels like to be violently sexually assaulted by someone holding a blade to your throat….

My cat helped me to feel things again. He helped me feel things that were stronger than my urge to die – my love for him, and the fact that he needed me. I needed to stay alive because his survival depended on mine, and as soon as I met him for the first time, I knew that would be enough.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 24/09/2021 at 1:16 AM, Apech said:

E_-f2A6WYAEhekl.png.12a0fd1ef73c1df26cb9827d1b0d794f.png

She got that 'cat disease' .

Its started to spread here  ( we have a no dogs and cars policy)  OHHHHH ... the ways and justifications people try to get around that  ;)

I have a solution for them ; they can get one of them new 'robo cats'  and programme it to do what they want and never do the  other stuff .... even programme  them to NOT say fuck off  but " Awwwww ... I wuv you too ! "

And they will  not ( really will  not  - not just in their imagination ) sneak outside and kill and maim the rare and endangered wildlife   ... because they will not be programmed for it  (unlike the real cats programme ) .

This one time, my mom was getting aggravated at my brother,

she says to him, "You're a real son of a bitch, you know that?"

to which he replied slyly, "Well who's the bitch then?"

She never called him that again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I sent this post card to my ex  ( birthday prez )

il_fullxfull.393273114_n4ai.jpg

with ; "If anyone wonders what it would be like to have a relationship with you ....

just show them this. "

..... I haven't heard back   .

-  hope she took it the right way .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nintendao said:

This one time, my mom was getting aggravated at my brother,

she says to him, "You're a real son of a bitch, you know that?"

to which he replied slyly, "Well who's the bitch then?"

She never called him that again.

I bet her calling your dad a motherf****r would get a similar response.