zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

9 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Since we're on the subject of cats once again, has everyone, by now, seen the cat who practices law in Texas?   In case you haven't...

Idk, he said he wasn’t a cat lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zerostao said:

Idk, he said he wasn’t a cat lol

The judge corroborated it too, saying, "yes, I can see that" when the cat asserted he's not a cat.  I dunno...  is he looking with his third eye or something?  Does he see beyond appearances, like that taoist master who proclaimed, "what a magnificent black stallion!" when presented with a white mare?  Maybe.  Maybe his level of attainment is higher than mine.  All I see is a cat.  A talking cat who says he's not a cat.  Well...  butter me on both sides and call me a biscuit.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Apech said:

One of the early signs you are suffering from English variant Covid:

Socks-and-Sandals-800x450.jpg

The cure:

Image result for socks for flip flops

( I own a few pairs.  In February, San Diego summer ends around 3 pm almost every day.  Many locals can't tell the difference and go barefoot in flip-flops even after 6 pm.  Not me.  I prefer to carry my winter wardrobe in my pocket, ready for the occasion of winter coming in the evening.)  

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

The cure:

Image result for socks for flip flops

( I own a few pairs.  In February, San Diego summer ends around 3 pm almost every day.  Many locals can't tell the difference and go barefoot in flip-flops even after 6 pm.  Not me.  I prefer to carry my winter wardrobe in my pocket, ready for the occasion of winter coming in the evening.)  

I never knew what camel toe meant until I saw this picture. I thought it had something to do with cats but Now I get it. Thank you.

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I never knew what camel toe meant until I saw this picture. I thought it had something to do with cats but Now I get it. Thank you.

I can't tell if you're kidding.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

Camel toe...  Cats...  No!  Ninja cats!  Samurai cats!  I'm a Japanophile in all things design.

Those are ninja socks, aka tabi 足袋 --- suitable to wear with traditional Japanese footwear such as geta and zori and with SoCal flip-flops alike! 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Camel toe...  Cats...  No!  Ninja cats!  Samurai cats!  I'm a Japanophile in all things design.

Those are ninja socks, aka tabi 足袋 --- suitable to wear with traditional Japanese footwear such as geta and zori and with SoCal flip-flops alike! 

Now this made me laugh today, the one liner that slayed me is "Japanophile " seriously 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Not only are they suitable as winter socks, they're also suitable as winter gloves.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Tabby cat   .... tabi socks .

• Haha 2

I love my wool tabi socks!

They allow me to run in my beloved Lunas year round.

Never thought I'd be able to sport some camel toe without an expensive operation...

:lol:

IMG_6087.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, steve said:

I love my wool tabi socks!

They allow me to run in my beloved Lunas year round.

Never thought I'd be able to sport some camel toe without an expensive operation...

:lol:

That's the spirit!  

Never tried Lunas though.  Or running year round.  Or at all,  to be precise. 

Image result for animals wonder why humans jog

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Or at all,  to be precise. 

That's wise.

https://www.active.com/health/articles/why-too-much-running-is-bad-for-your-health

It's generally really bad for the joints too, even if you use something similar to a wolf's method and professionally-fitted top of the range trainers (e.g. New Balance).

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/run-walk/

Long walks over hilly terain and swimming in unheated, unchlorinated water generally achieves better overall health and fitness and you can also get substantial endorphin hits, if you're that way inclined.

Edited by Daemon
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daemon said:

That's wise.

https://www.active.com/health/articles/why-too-much-running-is-bad-for-your-health

It's generally really bad for the joints too, even if you use something similar to a wolf's method and professionally-fitted top of the range trainers (e.g. New Balance).

http://www.jeffgalloway.com/training/run-walk/

Long walks over hilly terain and swimming in unheated, unchlorinated water generally achieves better overall health and fitness and you can also get substantial endorphin hits, if you're that way inclined.

If I were to run -- not that I'm inclined to, the ocean is what provides my endorphin hits -- I'd follow the Tarahumara methods, and footwear too, as described in this book which I found mighty enlightening:

borntoruncover2

But I never went farther than making my DIY huaraches Tarahumara style.  They were great.  For walking over hilly terrain. :) 

Image result for huaraches

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

That's the spirit!  

I read a marvelous book - Born to Run

It talks about the human body being specifically adapted for long distance running.

This gave us our competitive edge, leading us to be the dominant species on the planet - for better or worse. 

... PS - I wrote this note, got sidetracked and didn't post it until after you replied with the same book!

:wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Luna sandals were developed by one of the characters in the book, inspired by the Tarahumara...

I have a pair with the long laces that circle the ankles but the higher tech model in my earlier photo are just a bit easier to use and more comfortable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

They were great.  For walking over hilly terrain. :) 

Oh yes.  the foot support they would supply is remarkable!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, manitou said:

"Foot support" is behind millions of injuries in runners (and probably people engaged in other shoed sports too) every year (according to the book me and Steve referenced, superbly researched).  A foot immobilized by "support" loses much of its natural ability to develop toward supporting itself.  It is prevented from gaining and perfecting sensitivity to hundreds of different types of terrain (they all feel the same to a "supported" foot so it never adjusts with particular kinds of fine mobility, or to put it differently, never develops kinesthetic intelligence).  I always hunt for shoes that leave my foot alone and don't try to support it -- and if there's that bulky hump of an insert they love to stick in all women's footwear these days, the highest point invariably hitting my sole in an anatomically incorrect place (nowhere near where my natural arch is), I either don't buy them or tear the damn things right out and replace with a flat insert. And I can't even begin telling you how much foot support hinders the development of taiji skill in those who haven't figured it out.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I haven´t used  minimal footwear for running, or even much hilly-ground hiking, but my Vibram Fivefingers made a splash amongst the non-Tarahumara espresso drinkers at the Starbucks in downtown Zacatecas.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I haven´t used  minimal footwear for running, or even much hilly-ground hiking, but my Vibram Fivefingers made a splash amongst the non-Tarahumara espresso drinkers at the Starbucks in downtown Zacatecas.

Picture or it didn't happen.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Taomeow said:

That's the spirit!  

A couple of times  when driving I have seen joggers running along the road, I stopped the car and

" Quick !  Hop in, you will get there a lot faster in this . "

• Like 1

3 hours ago, manitou said:

Most people don't need foot support unless they're carrying significant loads.