zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

On 3/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, CloudHands said:

MI0001939014.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

How funny that you’re the second person posting Primus the past few days. I’ve been listening to Les Claypool’s work from beginning to recent collaborations the past few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl Grey said:

How funny that you’re the second person posting Primus the past few days. I’ve been listening to Les Claypool’s work from beginning to recent collaborations the past few weeks.

He truly is an awesome bass player, alien bass lines.
The june 2010 rehearsal EP, gives some old tunes a new life, worth listening.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2020 at 3:16 AM, CloudHands said:

He truly is an awesome bass player, alien bass lines.
The june 2010 rehearsal EP, gives some old tunes a new life, worth listening.

Listened to that last week. :)  It was one of the few 21st century releases by them that I enjoyed. 

I sadly didn't like most of the releases in the 21st century--I am eternally stuck in the hard alt-rock and grunge or metal sounds of the 1990s, and still prefer Antipop over the latter efforts, with some exceptions here and there, although sadly the sound of new Primus is closer to Hipster Millennial experimental sounds in the 2010s than anything else. 

Edited by Earl Grey

14 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Listened to that last week. :)  It was one of the few 21st century releases by them that I enjoyed. 

I sadly didn't like most of the releases in the 21st century--I am eternally stuck in the hard alt-rock and grunge or metal sounds of the 1990s, and still prefer Antipop over the latter efforts, with some exceptions here and there, although sadly the sound of Primus is closer to Hipster Millennial experimental sounds in the 2010s than anything else. 

I discovered them with Antipop almost twenty years ago, I enjoyed this record very much then I listened to the previous ones. It was during my bass years. I think after the break, Claypool's excursions into jazz fusion influenced their sound and I like it almost the same this way, except their LP are now less dense than previously.

Claypool stated somewhere that the musicians he played with within the frog brigade are excellent musicians while someone like Larry Lalonde excel at being Larry Lalonde. So I think it opened his range but I wouldn't qualify them as hippy I think that has never been something they tried :) Less rock more fusion yep definitely.

By the way I wonder, how old are you Earl ?

Just now, CloudHands said:

I discovered them with Antipop almost twenty years ago, I enjoyed this record very much then I listened to the previous ones. It was during my bass years. I think after the break, Claypool's excursions into jazz fusion influenced their sound and I like it almost the same this way, except their LP are now less dense than previously.

Claypool stated somewhere that the musicians he played with within the frog brigade are excellent musicians while someone like Larry Lalonde excel at being Larry Lalonde. So I think it opened his range but I wouldn't qualify them as hippy I think that has never been something they tried :) Less rock more fusion yep definitely.

By the way I wonder, how old are you Earl ?

They are most definitely not hippy! :D Hippies and hipsters are not the same thing either, and even if he sounds like the latter in more recent works, he still sounds unique

As for my age--I'm late Generation-X and that is all I will say... ;) 

If you want to talk music, go to the boombox in my PPJ instead so we don't derail this thread further. 

7 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

They are most definitely not hippy! :D Hippies and hipsters are not the same thing either, and even if he sounds like the latter in more recent works, he still sounds unique

As for my age--I'm late Generation-X and that is all I will say... ;) 

If you want to talk music, go to the boombox in my PPJ instead so we don't derail this thread further. 

Yeah I meant hipster...!

Oh command don't be that shy :P

I saw your boombox thread but I'm not a rock head ! :D

Edited by CloudHands

1 minute ago, CloudHands said:

I saw your boombox thread but I'm not a rock head ! :D

You don't need to be a rocker--it's a music exchange and I just happen to post a lot of rock music there! 

Let's not derail this any further... ;)  sil vous plait! 

• Haha 1

toiletpaper.jpg.e3b747e3b66c0d9fb4cf16461810efc2.jpg

Flu apocalypse hoarders everywhere.

If the press and health officials declared a sexual emergency, then would people be queuing up at sex stores before all the smut magazines and apparel are sold out?

Edited by virtue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, virtue said:

Flu apocalypse hoarders everywhere.

If the press and health officials declared a sexual emergency, then would people be queuing up at sex stores before all the smut magazines and apparel are sold out?

We can be sure that the user Heartbreak doesn’t have this problem.

• Like 1

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t.

There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets

There are two types of people in the world: Those who crave closure

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I am predicting a turn around soon .   Each time they put toilet paper out in the local super - it lasts a bit longer . One day soon, they will have toilet paper all day .  I am also predicting this will go alongside the depletion of new corona virus cases .

Then, what are all those people going to do with all that TP ?   Eventually they will want to park the car back in the garage or be able to move around the house like they used to .

I suppose it could be packed in between the roof and ceiling as insulation - or as   a wingsuit air strip  ;

• Like 1

They told me that to go to the supermarket all I needed was a face-mask and gloves - but when I got there everyone else was wearing clothes as well !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Politically incorrect AF, but I found almost myself (almost) and a couple acquaintances here

37pr8ozzd1o41.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f262a5c6fb46aac9d7c9032d1e83f710c47b0c3f

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Apech said:

They told me that to go to the supermarket all I needed was a face-mask and gloves - but when I got there everyone else was wearing clothes as well !!!!

Angel  ?   Is that you ?

I had a friend named Angel who was want to  ..... let's say  'air her body in public ' .  often she would have to spend some time in the local  mental health unit 'holiday ward' .  Then she vanished for a while ... another friend went looking for her in the town we heard that she  had moved to. He saw a group of Aboriginal men hanging out  in the street she -  They will know all the gossip ;

" Do you guys know of a woman called  Angel that moved here ? "

"Oh yeah ! We know her  (laugh) . "

"What's so funny ? "

"She was the one that used to wash her car out on the street on Sunday morning wearing high heels ."

" Why is that so funny . "

"Only  her high heels ."

( Apparently the men didnt mind, but their wives did  - they nabbed her, stuffed her head first into a wheelie bin and sent her for a ride down hill .       Last I heard she had moved to anther town and married an Evangelical Pastor there  ..... boy is HE in for a shock next time she 'cuts loose' .    :D )  

Edited by Nungali

"Wash your hands as if you had just been cutting Chillies and then wanted to masturbate."

ETvcOKRWAAAShbT.thumb.png.bbfae14c7200a7e8e47050d1bf6f7300.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

From Ecuador.  What are the chances that severe isolation will be lifted in fifteen days?

Brown:  Not a chance.

Blue: Not a chance, but in blue.

probability.jpg

• Haha 1