zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

People calling each other jerks on a the thread about exploring Compasssion.

hahahaha thats the truth in a nutshell

source material for how to develop real compassion make enemies and irritate people

Just came back from taiji. The teacher introduced his guest from China, a master who will be doing a workshop with us over the weekend. The master doesn't speak any English. He was there to take a look at how we're doing. At the end of the class, he picked up this weapon from the corner

Ancient-Chinese-Weapon-detail.jpg

and turned into a human tornado rotating it mightily and slashing left and right. Uh-oh, I thought, were we THIS bad?..

Whoosh! The blade came loose off the pole, went flying across the room and chopped off three or four students' heads...

...almost. At least it looked just about to. At least that was the title of the article people were planning to write about the event. In reality, the master had to stop his demo and show everybody that the weapon, on account of being a rather cheap (made in China but not the way they used to make it :ninja:) and flimsy thing, was about to fall apart if used any other way but for decoration.

• Like 2

Just came back from taiji. The teacher introduced his guest from China, a master who will be doing a workshop with us over the weekend. The master doesn't speak any English. He was there to take a look at how we're doing. At the end of the class, he picked up this weapon from the corner

Ancient-Chinese-Weapon-detail.jpg

and turned into a human tornado rotating it mightily and slashing left and right. Uh-oh, I thought, were we THIS bad?..

Whoosh! The blade came loose off the pole, went flying across the room and chopped off three or four students' heads...

...almost. At least it looked just about to. At least that was the title of the article people were planning to write about the event. In reality, the master had to stop his demo and show everybody that the weapon, on account of being a rather cheap (made in China but not the way they used to make it ninja.gif) and flimsy thing, was about to fall apart if used any other way but for decoration.

i wondered when i first heard about the Chen guandao taiji form, if something like this might eventually happen tongue.gif .

i hear ya , thelerner. i am surprised others had not used this thread likewise about other threads, i know i have thought about it a time or 2.

525645_256272707802512_100002593548889_502043_1510794261_n.jpg

• Like 1

2 guys walked into a bar.

The other one ducked.

Then only one walked into a bar, no?

It really expanded my mind about how humor works.

Appears to me that humor often is about being surprised, being confronted with the unexpected, and laughter is the act of cherishing the expansion of one's awareness, being faced with something new.

there's something kind of zen about this video that made me laugh some hours after viewing it.

Reminded me a little of the creepiness factor when ayahuasca made me say goodbye to normality. :D

crazy applyasca video , NSFW language

I've been eating more apples and apple juice lately.

Appleyasca - very good name. That video is so much depicting how the brew can be. :D

Reminded me of a hawk I know... There's a strip of a "scenic" highway going along the ocean which I fairly regularly travel on, and this hawk often hangs out in one particular spot, normally very high up in the sky -- maybe he lives nearby, occasionally I see him there doing some kind of surveillance, looks like. But that particular day, he suddenly fell like a stone out of the sky and onto my windshield -- almost -- avoiding the collision by a mere inch and then sharply going up. Like this: V with my windshield at the lowermost point of the V. I swear he did this intentionally, and I swear he looked me straight in the eye in the split second of near-contact, with total mischief!! I yelled after him, "Hey! What the f... is your problem?.."

Treating animals as equals. Beautiful! :):lol:

wow . today was last day of classes this semester woooooooooohooooooooooooooo cool.gif

i do have 3 final exams next week and i hope they go better than this one went. i actually thought i deserved a 100 but i wound up with a zero. yeah i know, zeros got a zero?! ohmy.gif

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die? * his last battleQ2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed? * at the bottom of the pageQ3. River Ravi flows in which state? * liquidQ4. What is the main reason for divorce? * marriageQ5. What is the main reason for failure? * examsQ6. What can you never eat for breakfast? * Lunch & dinnerQ7. What looks like half an apple? * The other halfQ8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what it will become? * It will simply become wetQ9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ? * No problem, he sleeps at night.Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand? * You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have ? * Very large handsQ12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it? * No time at all, the wall is already built.Q13. How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

• Like 2

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand? * You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..

Elephants have no hands at all.

The meaning of life

I never knew Monty Python had knowledge of the Fourth Way

• Haha 1

@Jetsun

You should have linked the video, because in the context of the video, the Youtube comments are hilarious.

Edited by Owledge

was finishing a 30 mile run with my dog, wearing my usual garb: short shorts and a doo rag (a "functional" head scarf) on my head, and nothing else. Went past a group of pony riders, little kids with their parents walking along beside them. After passing a particular pony, this tiny little, innocent and deadpan voice said, "a pirate".

Like it was an everyday event seeing a nearly naked pirate running down the pony path.

I cracked up. Had to turn around and give a big thumbs up. The parents lol'd, too.

• Like 2

was finishing a 30 mile run with my dog, wearing my usual garb: short shorts and a doo rag (a "functional" head scarf) on my head, and nothing else. Went past a group of pony riders, little kids with their parents walking along beside them. After passing a particular pony, this tiny little, innocent and deadpan voice said, "a pirate".

Like it was an everyday event seeing a nearly naked pirate running down the pony path.

I cracked up. Had to turn around and give a big thumbs up. The parents lol'd, too.

Should have said "Aarrrgh!"

For me, it was this post:

vmarco, you have alot of wars going on.

no fear.

millions of viscious dog bites each day and trillions in religious subsidies ?

self reliance and self responsibility. try it.

:lol:

Yes, I know -- I should be above that. It's a guilty pleasure and I oughta be practicing my S-M instead.

:blush:

Edited by A Seeker

Should have said "Aarrrgh!"

For me, it was this post:

:lol:

Yes, I know -- I should be above that. It's a guilty pleasure and I oughta be practicing my S-M instead.

:blush:

i am usually good for a laugh or two. :lol: