zerostao

What made YOU laugh today/tonight ?

wow I realized that in the title of this thread i even used the you word and even capitailed it. oh my :o anyways.

i sat down today with my mom's golden retriever, his name is copper. and

we had a long conversation about the ruthless truth. i told him i knew things.

very important things in fact. i told him with a very straight and serious and intellectual face (well the best one i could come up with)

somehow i was sensing that copper just wasnt getting it :(

copper is a very polite doggie and he didnt insult me or laugh in my face , even if he did roll his eyes a time or 2. :rolleyes: to be honest copper didnt express to me

what he knew. (wouldnt confirm or deny the existence of santa or unicorns) i do think we were in agreement about bigfoot. his main remark was " doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd" yeah whatever, copper. in copper's favor, he does meditate more often than me. i think so anyways. dogs :wacko:

so i reckon i will go have this conversation with my neighbors cat. (who is much more talkative than copper) will let ya'll know how that goes.

if only i can encounter a crow today. crows know things too. good things. one crow once told me "that if man had wings and black feathers, very few of them would be clever enuff to be a crow" being this came from a crow , i didnt take it as arrogant.

• Like 3

What makes me laugh is I go to a bakery nearby where the owner is always so gruff and grouchy looking, and I buy a cookie, but in French it has a similar pronunciation to how it is said on Sesamie Street.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 2

This happened about two weeks ago but every time I tell the story to someone new, they laugh and so I laugh with them all over again, so today, again, a friend called and asked, among other things, "how did your cats adjust to the move?" -- and I had to tell her...

...Vulgaris, our semi-feral, athletic, adventurous, humans-shunning young cat, went out to explore the new environment and didn't come back that night. Nor the next day. I went looking for him and calling him and heard a faint meow from high above. Vulgaris was sitting in a tree at the third floor level, afraid to climb back down. A real-life incarnation of the perennial cat joke.

I tried calling the fire department, but they said "he'll come down on his own eventually" and hung up. Another day and another night. We made a contraption, a basket on a long pole (brooms, curtain rods, etc., tied together), and reached Vulgaris from the third floor walkway, inviting him to climb into the basket and get delivered to safety. He meowed his apprehension and refused. We put a can of tuna in the basket. He ate the tuna, stretching beautifully to reach it but refusing to step into the basket. Another day. We bought a long two-by-four and made a bridge between the third floor walkway and the branch of the tree where Vulgaris was sitting. Sturdy, cat-friendly, but the cat was afraid to cross. We pushed a can of tuna onto the bridge using the broom/rod contraption of the day before. He ate the tuna, but wouldn't step on the bridge. After many fruitless phone negotiations with assorted animal organizations, we finally located some animal rescue volunteers willing to come take a look. They were supposed to have an adequate-length ladder.

A guy and a girl came, propped the ladder against the tree, me and the girl were holding it from below and the guy climbed up. As soon as he reached the end of the ladder, just about close enough to Vulgaris to touch him with an outstretched hand, Vulgaris, terrified out of his mind (a predator he was wary of to begin with is climbing up his tree to get him!), predictably but frustratingly went higher. Higher, the tree was thinning into nothing, Vulgaris was hanging on some flimsy branches and vocalizing his distress. The man (a real hero in my book) climbed off the ladder and onto the tree! Vuglaris went higher! The man climbed after him! Onto the trunk thinning into the thinnest upper branches and into nothingness! Me and the girl started panicking and calling out to him to be careful. The tree was shaking furiously. Vulgaris started screaming in an almost human voice -- "Oh!.. Ah!.. Yikes!.." The man instructed the girl to get a pole and poke the cat a bit from below. She produced a telescoping pole and reached Vulgaris with it and poked him. She was looking up with her face upturned to the sky, the man, and the cat, and saying something. When she poked the cat in the belly, he got scared even more, and peed. He got her in the face and in the mouth.

The girl started gagging and spitting and cursing, and I was apologizing like crazy for my cat, but she was taking it very personally. She said she'd rescued about a hundred cats, was hissed and spat on, bitten, scratched, but never peed on before. I kept apologizing... In the meantime, the poke did redirect Vulgaris a bit to where the man was able to grab him with one hand while hanging dangerously off a flimsy branch. A lot of screaming and fighting followed. "Yikes!.. Ouch!.. Noooooo!.." Finally the man managed to stuff the cat into a bag he had attached to his belt, climbed down, handed me the bag and started comforting his assistant. The girl, in the meantime, was using her cell phone to call someone near and dear to complain about the cat peeing on her face from high above, and hung up promptly, upset even more than before. "They just started laughing hysterically," she complained bitterly...

I was instructed to take the bag with the cat to the bathroom, shake the cat out and slam the door shut, let him sit there for an hour or two thinking of his behavior, then let him out when he winds down. Which I did.

Two weeks later, Vulgaris is the best behaved cat I've ever known. He still doesn't go outside though, the adventure may have turned him into a house cat, for all I know. Happens to the best of us...:)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

"i have meditated for about maybe 2-3 hours today..

didn't keep track as i kept losing consciousness.."

I loved this post - really got a belly laugh.

I won't post the author since he's not in a position to defend himself currently.

I like it in a good way. It's like something one of my kids might say - adorable.

2 guys walked into a bar.

The other one ducked.

Reminds me of a joke my daughter told me when she was about 17 - it's a bit heartless so read on at your own peril...

So this baby seal walks into a club....

• Like 1

So i jumped out the shower and proceeded to the kitchen to make breakfast with nothing but a towel on. Roommate comes down stares and goes "oh my god, what the f*ck dude!". My reply? "Well if you can't stand this heat, get the f*ck out the kitchen". You guys may not get it but we couldnt stop laughing. :lol:

• Like 2

I read how it's illegal to grow/produce hemp seeds in USA but it's perfectly fine to import and sell them here.

yesterday evening , somewhere in between dusk and dark a huge "bird" was flying about

6 feet off the ground. it was flying right over the yellow line on the middle of my street. heading straight towards the bridge. it had white wings, probably about a 7 foot wingspan, and it looked like it had a red body.

a little later i walked into town and met up with ronnie a new iron palm student of mine. i told him about the bird. he said it was probably a crane. then he said cranes really are not birds anyways :lol:

if it was a crane , it was the largest one i have ever seen. ronnie is 22 has good balance, and apparently knows alot more about zoology than i do.

edit> probably a good thing there was no oncoming traffic at the time.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

yesterday evening , somewhere in between dusk and dark a huge "bird" was flying about

6 feet off the ground. it was flying right over the yellow line on the middle of my street. heading straight towards the bridge. it had white wings, probably about a 7 foot wingspan, and it looked like it had a red body.

a little later i walked into town and met up with ronnie a new iron palm student of mine. i told him about the bird. he said it was probably a crane. then he said cranes really are not birds anyways :lol:

if it was a crane , it was the largest one i have ever seen. ronnie is 22 has good balance, and apparently knows alot more about zoology than i do.

edit> probably a good thing there was no oncoming traffic at the time.

Yikes. :lol:

Reminded me of a hawk I know... There's a strip of a "scenic" highway going along the ocean which I fairly regularly travel on, and this hawk often hangs out in one particular spot, normally very high up in the sky -- maybe he lives nearby, occasionally I see him there doing some kind of surveillance, looks like. But that particular day, he suddenly fell like a stone out of the sky and onto my windshield -- almost -- avoiding the collision by a mere inch and then sharply going up. Like this: V with my windshield at the lowermost point of the V. I swear he did this intentionally, and I swear he looked me straight in the eye in the split second of near-contact, with total mischief!! I yelled after him, "Hey! What the f... is your problem?.."

• Haha 1

I have two dogs - an English bulldog and a Havanese terrier. When the terrier was a pup, the bulldog bit her in the face and fractured her jaw. It was horrific - surgery, Elizabethan collar, taped jaw, etc... About a year or two later, the Havanese got revenge. She was at the top of two flights of stairs barking at the bulldog, baiting her to come up. The bulldog struggles on stairs because she's fat and has short legs but couldn't resist and lumbered on up. Just as she reached the top, the Havanese backed up, took a running leap and body slammed the bulldog. The poor thing rolled downed both flights of stairs like a bowling bowl. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes I would never believe it. Paybacks are, literally, a bitch!

:lol:

• Like 1

My roommate's wife wrote this down from this year's Valentine's Day rant. I just noticed the sticky note on the desk. Let's just say he's an interesting fellow.

"No woman will ever truly be satisfied on St. Valentine's Day because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

" He laughed more at the fact that it didnt work!"

This was watching an interaction between little ego and primordial. HA!

Cosmic joke always funnier than pizza joke.

:D

Yeah, also that lady at the end didn't quite get it either "should have said one with the lot".. err no he shouldn't :lol:

yesterday i experienced spontaneous instant laughter . i was alone when it happened.

i have experienced it before , but always in the company of at least one other person.

i looked at yahoo answers and found:

It's a very serious condition called "gigglepuss-itis" and tends to exacerbate during times of individualized hormonal upheaval and transient premature self-actualizations among the most exquisitely intelligent of a species. Some Zen monks believe that this affliction, "gigglepuss-itis" is and shall be wholly responsible for catching and drawing the attention of extraterrestrial intelligent life to this planet someday.

and:

This happens to me sometimes too! Yesterday actually, I just kept laughing and my boyfriend looked at me weird and told me I was freaking him out. Haha I don't know why this happens, but I personally think it's amusing! Now a days everything is considered a disorder, it's so ridiculous. So we like to laugh? So what!

and:

You need to see a doctor about this.

then i found this and apparently it is a proof of non-duality :lol:

so , i am very interested to hear the buddhist view about this,

the neo-confucian view, taoist view, zen view (even if we already have a zen thought on this gigglepuss-itis)nilhist view, etc

do any bums have any spontaneous laughter moments they care to share and/or reflect on?

well yes , R_V, i wasnt gonna ask the cat lady out for a date even if she had some cool talented cats.

EDIT>

no thoughts about sudden laughter or spontaneous laughter?

Edited by zerostao

walkerinthewoods, are you in kentucky?

maybe we walk in the same woods?