sean

a spontaneous movement jungle gym

pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldc3zDtLU18&NR=1

i'm frequently drawn to movements like this while standing, sitting, lying down, swimming, etc.

but i really like the possibilities this "exploreboard" thing opens up.

can't find much info on them, but looks like they run $1500.

now i'm wondering what other kinds of tools could facilitate movement exploration like this.

sean

1500 bucks! For that thing in the vid??

bah, I'd find the appropriate structural metal pieces and get out the sawsall and the drill and make one! Then ya just have to find some proper soft padding... :D

I wonder what became of all that metal behind the garage :lol: the metal structure is the easy part - finding the cushions would be harder, at least in my head :D

I wonder what became of all that metal behind the garage :lol: the metal structure is the easy part - finding the cushions would be harder, at least in my head :D

Roll up a piece of carpet or dense foam - tape and cover with a body stocking or something similiar

the thing is, i'd want to feel certain that the structure was rock solid, not going to budge an inch, and absolutely not going to fall over or break while i am in some kind of bizarre, vulnerable position.

sean

I was browsing a gym supply store once and they had those round pads. I bought a couple and with a strap, short 2x4 and some pipe I built a leg support to attach to my weight bench at home. So I can do simple back extensions and extended situps (theoretically, I never do extended situps). It's not as wild as the video, but gives some possibility, cheap.

Military reverse sit up bench

has to be bolted to the floor.

some what dangerous exercise till the low low back lengthens

Edited by torus693

Military reverse sit up bench

has to be bolted to the floor.

some what dangerous exercise till the low low back lengthens

I woulda had a lot of fun on those 15, 20 years ago :lol:

Good finds, Sean!

Great share, Sean, thanks! It's important to my body, to explore movement from as many different directions as possible. This definitely seems to focus on movement pathways that I have a hard time getting into, on my own.