Maddie

Making sense of the energy body

For a while now I have been curious to reconcile the indian chakra yoga system with the chinese meridian system. I think that what the indians call chakras, and the chinese call the extrodinary vessles are probably very closely related if not the same thing.

http://acupuncturetoday.org/mpacms/at/article.php?id=31543

This is a very interesting article where this dr. of TCM explains how the Yin Wei Mai and the solar plexus chakra have very similar funtions.

Also consider how the governing , thrusting and conception vessles go right through the whole chakra system. This is something I'd like to know more about.

I have very limited understanding of this stuff, mostly coming from other members on this forum. My understanding is that the meridians channels are kinda like the our veins and arteries for our chi, while the chakras are another thing all together and resonate on a different level or even dimension. From my understanding, no amount of concentration on a particular chakra will open it, these only develop and open from learning deep karmic lessons in life and evolving spiritually. Again this is my very limited knowledge of it and it is not from first hand experience so I can't argue for or against it either way.

Anyone know of how chakras might compare to extrodinary vessels?

IMHO there is no correlation between the two (indian chakras and the chinese eight extraordinary vessels).

IMHO there is no correlation between the two (indian chakras and the chinese eight extraordinary vessels).

Why do you have this opinion? I find it interesting that for example the solar plexus is considered of the fire element, relates to digestion and metabolism and turning food into energy.

The middle burner (jiao) the the triple burner is said to be where the fire chi is, relates to digestion of food, metabolism, and the conversion of food into chi. Kind of interesting eh?