Sign in to follow this  
Non

spleen chakra, navel chakra, sacral chakra, solar plexus

Ok here is what I know about the Solar Plexus Chakra from study and research over the years.

The Solar Plexus chakra lies in the solar plexus region of the abdomen between the sternum and navel. It is the third chakra up, and the top of the lower three chakra's that govern the physical plane. It has to do with our personal sense of power, self esteem, and digestion. Emotions associated with it are guilt, shame, anger, pride, ego, and competitiveness in its negative state. When it is strong people tend to be very assertive, when weak timid and passive, when over active, people tend to be pushy and forceful. It is one of the most Yang chakras and its element is fire. Intestingly enough the middle warmer of the triple warmer organ where the solar plexus lies is said to be where fire chi is located, it transforms food into chi, and regulates digestion. It is the seat of the ego and the will.

Being that it is the Yang chakra, men who's solar plexus chakra is strong attract women automatically. Think of the sports hero, the athlete, the warrior, the alpha male, those are all examples of people with a strong solar plexus. The Archetype of the solar plexus is the Warrior in its positive state, and the Servant in its negative/weak state.

Its all about how we feel about ourselves, our boundries, our assertiveness, our yang power, our energy. It is also one of the most emotionally supseptable areas of our bodies which is why when we are stressed we feel tension in our solar plexus area in our gut.

A good way to empower and balance the solar plexus is to do the "hold the ball" stance in standing meditation at the solar plexus level, and to breat into it during seated meditation. Signs that your solar plexus chakra is healing and detoxifying are sudden bursts of anger, emotion, frustration, and other related supressed power emotions.

I wonder if the adrenals have anything to do with it?

Imean.. was focusing on the solar plexus all day yesterday... and I noticed a sluggishness around there.I've also had spleen issues, or just digestive in general. A lot of distension in the upper abdomen after a eat and for a long while after, if not the whole day.I always have a feeling of distension around there.. constipation, gas, and bloating.

Maybe I cd try to balance my doshas so I've read about that.

But I also noticed that for example this bloating keeps me from taking action at times. Ie.. let's say someone dropped something or is about to and a person nearby usually gets up to help thee person or stop it before it occurs. Well.. I have this sluggishness in that area, from bloating. Also my concentration and my emotions as well. It may be from having a higher fat intake... or something.

It also could be connected with the adrenals. Too much caffeine in tea lately so.. I'm sure that can tire out the adrenals. I kept following the feeling of sluggishness (which was leading to indecisivenes) and I came to the points all around my lower ribcage deep inside, a feeling of sluggishness. It may be visceral fat, or it can also be adrenal related, or both.

I need to fast and balance my doshas. I've been eating a lot of fat lately since I've cut out carbs and being that I don't get excessive amounts of protein being vegan and getting mostly from raw food. I have to stop eating so much cold, and fats also because of my kapha/vata doshas.

Ok here is what I know about the Solar Plexus Chakra from study and research over the years.

The Solar Plexus chakra lies in the solar plexus region of the abdomen between the sternum and navel. It is the third chakra up, and the top of the lower three chakra's that govern the physical plane. It has to do with our personal sense of power, self esteem, and digestion. Emotions associated with it are guilt, shame, anger, pride, ego, and competitiveness in its negative state. When it is strong people tend to be very assertive, when weak timid and passive, when over active, people tend to be pushy and forceful. It is one of the most Yang chakras and its element is fire. Intestingly enough the middle warmer of the triple warmer organ where the solar plexus lies is said to be where fire chi is located, it transforms food into chi, and regulates digestion. It is the seat of the ego and the will.

Being that it is the Yang chakra, men who's solar plexus chakra is strong attract women automatically. Think of the sports hero, the athlete, the warrior, the alpha male, those are all examples of people with a strong solar plexus. The Archetype of the solar plexus is the Warrior in its positive state, and the Servant in its negative/weak state.

Its all about how we feel about ourselves, our boundries, our assertiveness, our yang power, our energy. It is also one of the most emotionally supseptable areas of our bodies which is why when we are stressed we feel tension in our solar plexus area in our gut.

A good way to empower and balance the solar plexus is to do the "hold the ball" stance in standing meditation at the solar plexus level, and to breat into it during seated meditation. Signs that your solar plexus chakra is healing and detoxifying are sudden bursts of anger, emotion, frustration, and other related supressed power emotions.

well when I focus on it.. shd I focus on the insides of my body, ie the upper abdomen or just outside, or the surface of the belly where the opening of the chakra might be?

well when I focus on it.. shd I focus on the insides of my body, ie the upper abdomen or just outside, or the surface of the belly where the opening of the chakra might be?

If you do standing meditation and use the hold the ball posture at the solar plexus level (I have found this to be very effective) you can do it with out any specific mental focus at all, or you can focus your breathing in the solar plexus at the same time. Usually in the ZZ posture I focus on the solar plexus at the central channel in the center of your body.

When doing the MCO I I get the front and back of the solar plexus, (and every other chakra for that matter) but if I'm working on the solar plexus I pause at this area front and back longer and give the chi more time to work on balancing the chakra.

I've also found that eating spicey herbs and pepers add a lot of yang to my solar plexus, after eating spicey herbs I can feel my solar plexus being very hot as the spices pass through my duodeum section of my intestine. This done on a regular and consistent basis is very beneficial as you build the fire chi stored in the middle burner (jiao).

The absolutely best way to strengthen the solar plexus chakra is in fact not through energy practice. Energy practice only balances things for a while and builds upon the foundation you already have.

The true method of obtaining strong solar plexus (and a stronger heart chakra by virtue of their immediate connection) is by shedding weak limiting beliefs and acquiring more faith in one's self, by the choice to own up to one's own self. It is self-responsibility. It is the transition from fear (the feelings associated with a sour solar plexus/heart connection) to the complete self love, self belief and reliance that is not dependent on externalized phenomena.

No matter how much energy work you do if you have the same self-limiting beliefs etc. "people don't like me, I'm not good enough", it completely tears down any energy work you've done. It unbalances your chakra. The first and foremost method of keeping clean and nice healthy chakras is to think and feel the thoughts and emotions of a healthy human being. One has to understand that no matter how much qigong one does, the choices one makes, emotionally & mentally, are the activities who have the most impact on how energy flows. You could have very strong energy flow ,but if you can't handle yourself properly, you're just going to really stink up the whole room for yourself, and everyone else inside it. You'll be like a walking energy landfill. Living with a clean heart and clean mind is the most hardcore qigong because you never quit at it, it goes on 24/7.

Lets look at severe depression. At its height its feel like a heavy black void in the stomach. Thats because one who has severe depression also has a filthy solar plexus due to the fact that that person has chosen to live and feel that certain way.

Energy work is directly related to the emotional system. You cannot progress in energy if you do not progress emotionally.

• Like 6

Imean.. was focusing on the solar plexus all day yesterday... and I noticed a sluggishness around there.I've also had spleen issues, or just digestive in general. A lot of distension in the upper abdomen after a eat and for a long while after, if not the whole day.I always have a feeling of distension around there.. constipation, gas, and bloating.

Maybe I cd try to balance my doshas so I've read about that.

Yes this is a good approach and something simple to do for yourself. But much raw food, if you're as vata as you seem to be, is not a very good idea. Constipation, gas and bloating are all vata symptoms, just as most of the other physical/mental symptoms you've described on this forum. So go for a long term vata balancing diet and do things that warm, ground and relax you. Get a panchakarma treatment if possible, that should speed up the process considerably.

edit: oh yeah, DON'T do long fasts if vata is your problem, this will aggravate it even further. A few days monofast on Kitchari or similar cleansing and nutritive food is a much better alternative.

Edited by King Kabalabhati

Yes this is a good approach and something simple to do for yourself. But much raw food, if you're as vata as you seem to be, is not a very good idea. Constipation, gas and bloating are all vata symptoms, just as most of the other physical/mental symptoms you've described on this forum. So go for a long term vata balancing diet and do things that warm, ground and relax you. Get a panchakarma treatment if possible, that should speed up the process considerably.

edit: oh yeah, DON'T do long fasts if vata is your problem, this will aggravate it even further. A few days monofast on Kitchari or similar cleansing and nutritive food is a much better alternative.

actually I may not be vata at all.. if anything more kapha. I only say vata because I have had this tendency to run cold lately. Vatas can eat raw the key though is to eat warming foods, and oils. From what I've read anyway.

Kapha and vata are very opposite, vatas are good with oils kaphas are not. So my next experiment is to not eat as much oils and we'll see how that goes.

also wth is a panchamakara and it's treatment? Im reading afterlooking it up and Im confused.

Edited by Non

The absolutely best way to strengthen the solar plexus chakra is in fact not through energy practice. Energy practice only balances things for a while and builds upon the foundation you already have.

The true method of obtaining strong solar plexus (and a stronger heart chakra by virtue of their immediate connection) is by shedding weak limiting beliefs and acquiring more faith in one's self, by the choice to own up to one's own self. It is self-responsibility. It is the transition from fear (the feelings associated with a sour solar plexus/heart connection) to the complete self love, self belief and reliance that is not dependent on externalized phenomena.

No matter how much energy work you do if you have the same self-limiting beliefs etc. "people don't like me, I'm not good enough", it completely tears down any energy work you've done. It unbalances your chakra. The first and foremost method of keeping clean and nice healthy chakras is to think and feel the thoughts and emotions of a healthy human being. One has to understand that no matter how much qigong one does, the choices one makes, emotionally & mentally, are the activities who have the most impact on how energy flows. You could have very strong energy flow ,but if you can't handle yourself properly, you're just going to really stink up the whole room for yourself, and everyone else inside it. You'll be like a walking energy landfill. Living with a clean heart and clean mind is the most hardcore qigong because you never quit at it, it goes on 24/7.

Lets look at severe depression. At its height its feel like a heavy black void in the stomach. Thats because one who has severe depression also has a filthy solar plexus due to the fact that that person has chosen to live and feel that certain way.

Energy work is directly related to the emotional system. You cannot progress in energy if you do not progress emotionally.

Yea i understand but it shd also be coupled with qigong (ie psychological aspect). The energetic is important too. I've been thinking also to exercise vigorously as in running or something a bit more.

actually I may not be vata at all.. if anything more kapha. I only say vata because I have had this tendency to run cold lately. Vatas can eat raw the key though is to eat warming foods, and oils. From what I've read anyway.

Kapha and vata are very opposite, vatas are good with oils kaphas are not. So my next experiment is to not eat as much oils and we'll see how that goes.

also wth is a panchamakara and it's treatment? Im reading afterlooking it up and Im confused.

A "weak Yin male" would be probably considered "a predominantly Vata man" in Ayurveda. But do your own research on things, it's all very easy to find on the net and in books. Vasant Lad has written some very clear manuals on Ayurveda and how to evaluate and balance your doshic condition. Panchakarma is a purification process involving several ayrvedic treatments.

Yup basically pretty much any digestive issues are going to be spleen meridian / soloar plexus /middle burner (jiao) issues. And while I do realize our thoughts affect our energy, I also realize our energy affects our thoughts. The only way I've been really able to change my thought process effectively is to change the energy first, and then the thoughts follow automatically.

The spleen motivates the stomach.

"The Stomach and Spleen (which together comprise the

middle jiao) are intimately related and their functions and

nature complement each other. The ‘rotting and ripening’

of food and drink in the Stomach, the first stage of the

digestive process, is ultimately governed by the Spleen.

The Spleen ascends whilst the Stomach descends; the

Spleen abhors dampness whilst the Stomach abhors dryness."

sp3 is indicated as Shu-Stream, Yuan-Source and Earth point of the Spleen channel, indicated for heaviness in the body, deficiency in the spleen and stomach dynamic...

got any moxa? I've had some good luck disspelling the bubble guts with moxa on appropriate spleen points before :)

Also if you know Max's 5e standing set, the kidney/water position places SI5 on LV13 with the hands cupped facing forward, and LV13 is the spleen mu point - so simply standing in that posture will also have trickle down effects that will benefit the spleen.

and also... heart-fire promotes the spleen so... exercise(s).

specificlaly I'd like to work in the muscles of that area, ie upper abdomen and lower ribcage(?).

Where can I find Max's 5e standing set?

dmattwads:

Yup basically pretty much any digestive issues are going to be spleen meridian / soloar plexus /middle burner (jiao) issues. And while I do realize our thoughts affect our energy, I also realize our energy affects our thoughts. The only way I've been really able to change my thought process effectively is to change the energy first, and then the thoughts follow automatically.

Yea.. if you've ever heard of Jack Greenwoods book "The Ultimate Power" he says if you just work on the mental it's going to be long and arduous task and eventually it may never work because it's not as substantial as the physical methods, which when coupled together is best and really the only way. There you have qigong standing meditation which is his "The Body Method". His exercise though is just standing meditation bringing Earth energy (or just gravity feeling) up through the whole body through the feet and back down into the earth coordinated with breath and simple up down hand movements (which are not even necessary) because the key is standing meditation and the energetics. That's just the basic but then the mind can be used along with it to heal, and manifest.

its probably best to be accustomed with standing meditation and feeling gravity as Earth energy.

Edited by Non

Yea.. if you've ever heard of Jack Greenwoods book "The Body Method" he says if you just work on the mental it's going to be long and arduous task and eventually it may never work because it's not as substantial as the physical methods, and coupled together is best. There you have qigong standing meditation which is "the body method...." His exercise though is just standing meditation bringing Earth energy up through the whole body through the feet and back down into the earth coordinated with breath and simple up down hand movements (which are not even necessary) because the key is standing meditation and the energetics. That's just the basic but then the mind can be used along with it to heal, and manifest.

Yea it seems so simple that its complicated lol, amazing that you can change so much about yourself by simply standing lol. Yea that the mind can change energy method is western psychology which though useful for its theory in my own experience has been very limited in its application. The energy can change the mind approach is the eastern energy work method, which is the only way I've really made any changes in my thought process.

yeah, running or elliptical even will do that :D but general exercise, yes. If its more of a...well, like a penetrating vessel thing, sp4 is the p

the standing set was in the second ed of the book I'm pretty sure, although it isnt available. you can zz, add what I described and you have that particular posture that should positively affect the condition :)

hm.. now that I remember, doing crunches on the stability balls really helped me isolate the muscles closer to the ribs.

dmattwads, you don't look at the ball when you're doing the zz meditation do you?

Quoted for emphasis.

Posts like this one are why I frequent this forum.

• Like 4

So golden I wanted to post it again after it had been posted already.

John

• Like 2

im still not sure of the location of the solar plexus chakra... the link I gave after reading it just confuses me more.

You said it was between the navel and the sternum. I feel two major areas of importance around this area...

Just under the tip of the bottom part of the sternum.. it seems like a channel actually that goes underneath each ribcage in a line. It's easy to get energy of this channel mixed with the heart or more center part of the chest and a little higher than the center. Kinda like in this pic, just above the arrow pointing to the chest where there is a major depression:

http://bit.ly/i0PIKX

Could this be the heart then?

Now back to the first point of major important; it feels sort of like the two lines right under the ribcage in this picture here: http://bit.ly/gV8yF5

In the first pic though it seems to be right under the tip where the chest muscles meet in the center where it makes an upside down V; at the first major depression right under it.

The other major area of important is like dmattwads said inbetween thee sternum and the navel (umbilicus ie belly button). This point is right below the point above, in the next major depression where the bottom part of the first abdominal muscle is. On the bottom point of the line inbetween which separates the abs.

So which point is the solar plexus then the First major area of importance or the second?

Could they both be related?

Could the first one be the real solar plexus chakra mentioned by authors which say it's located at the solar plexus, or is it the second which dmattwads talks about? Or could they be both as one and I just feel a disconnect between the two points?

Also spleen chakra according to Master Choa Kok Sui is at the side of the body at the level of the Second major area of importance that I mention.

Edited by Non

hm.. now that I remember, doing crunches on the stability balls really helped me isolate the muscles closer to the ribs.

dmattwads, you don't look at the ball when you're doing the zz meditation do you?

I look at the ground a few feet in front of me.

im still not sure of the location of the solar plexus chakra... the link I gave after reading it just confuses me more.

You said it was between the navel and the sternum. I feel two major areas of importance around this area...

Just under the tip of the bottom part of the sternum.. it seems like a channel actually that goes underneath each ribcage in a line. It's easy to get energy of this channel mixed with the heart or more center part of the chest and a little higher than the center. Kinda like in this pic, just above the arrow pointing to the chest where there is a major depression:

Now back to the first point of major important; it feels sort of like the two lines right under the ribcage in this picture here: http://bit.ly/gV8yF5

In the first pic though it seems to be right under the tip where the chest muscles meet in the center where it makes an upside down V; at the first major depression right under it.

The other major area of important is like dmattwads said inbetween thee sternum and the navel (umbilicus ie belly button). This point is right below the point above, in the next major depression where the bottom part of the first abdominal muscle is. On the bottom point of the line inbetween which separates the abs.

So which point is the solar plexus then the First major area of importance or the second?

Could the first one be the real solar plexus chakra mentioned by authors which say it's located at the solar plexus, or is it the second which dmattwads talks about? Or could they be both as one and I just feel a disconnect between the two points?

Also spleen chakra according to Master Choa Kok Sui is at the side of the body at the level of the Second major area of importance that I mention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celiac_plexus

Secret Smile/Inner Smile + Energy Work sounds like the way to go.

It's simple. Trace the bottom bones of your ribage to the middle, that's where I feel the fire.

Sign in to follow this