Yuen Biao

Short forms of Taijiquan?

Hi, does anyone know or can video link any really short forms of Taijiquan? I mean a form so short it takes a minute or two to practise; I have seen some footage out there somewhere but cannot seem to find it?!

Thank you in advance.

Hi, does anyone know or can video link any really short forms of Taijiquan? I mean a form so short it takes a minute or two to practise; I have seen some footage out there somewhere but cannot seem to find it?!

Thank you in advance.

check out temple-style tai chi...we are taught single form practice. If you can't find an instructor of this style where you live, the DVDs are next best (albeit very pricey):

http://www.taichitaocenter.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=14

In fact I also encountered single form (the 8 basic forms) in Paul Lam's 24-form Yang Style dvd.

All of the major family styles have a 16 movement short form. I know the Yang style form, but I don't know it. If I'm doing it with a group I know it, but don't know it solo.

What about just the beginning to the 1st cross hands in the yang long form, although it's closer to 5min than 2min.

Not sure of a video link but IIRC The Inner Structure of Tai Chi by Mantak Chia uses short form that is basically grasp sparrows tail and single whip done to 4 corners.

This is the shortest form I know of:

-takes just below 3 minutes without the title screens :)

here are a couple old vids of some forms that i have learned, practice, and teach

both yang style

franklin