Sign in to follow this  
Buddy

Bagua Neigong in Boston

I apologize if this is not where this goes, it's the only thread I read. I'm teaching Dao neigong and Yizong

martial arts once a month in Boston, if there any Boston folks here.

I apologize if this is not where this goes, it's the only thread I read. I'm teaching Dao neigong and Yizong

martial arts once a month in Boston, if there any Boston folks here.

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on what you are teaching for those of us near and far.

Craig

Perhaps you would care to elaborate on what you are teaching for those of us near and far.

Craig

I am teaching BK Frantzis' neigong system and Luo Dexiu's ba duan jin and Gao style baguazhang as well as tao yin. Questions?

I am teaching BK Frantzis' neigong system and Luo Dexiu's ba duan jin and Gao style baguazhang as well as tao yin. Questions?

Yes,

BK Frantzis talks in his " the power of internal martial arts" book about how bagua can be a meditation on the 8 energies of the i ching.

1 Do you agree with this?

2 Do you teach this?

Thank you

Hi Mike,

Yes,

BK Frantzis talks in his " the power of internal martial arts" book about how bagua can be a meditation on the 8 energies of the i ching.

1 Do you agree with this?

Perhaps, Kumar never taught this stuff and we were always more interested in bagua's more practical aspects.

I think the association of baguazhang with the Yijing only tends to take a student off the task of learning the physical methods.

2 Do you teach this?

No.

Thank you

Your welcome

Csan you give us more details about your teachings? Perhaps explain how to correctly do that twisting chi kung B.K. is popular for? Thatd be great.

Hi,

I'm happy to explain but I don't know which gong you are referring to.

Buddy

I am guessing he is referring to the swing excercise Buddy.

If so I asked you the same thing before and you said it can only really be learned in person I think.

Cameron

Edited by Cameron

The swings are described in Kumar's first book. I would add one caveat, though. When doing the

swing (paricularly the first) you should bend the knees when facing forward, but raise up straight to the

sides. This will prevent any tugging on the sacrum. Some of the best work I have seen is by Pete Egoscue.

His books (Pain Free, etc) are just top notch!

This little tip seems to help it A LOT. I have the first revision of this book, but some weird energy has been telling me to avoid look at it much. Does the seconds revision have any major changes, you know of?

Also, the way BK does these swings rather fast seems pretty wild, perhaps it should be done slower? He goes so damn fast on the Wu Tai Chi video, I said forget this! If he did that Wu Tai Chi video real slow, it would be awesome!!!

Sorry,

I haven't seen the revised version. The swings are done initially slow then amped a bit so you can strike your

body (pai da).

What is the Qigong like in Bagua compared to Healing Dao?? I am interested because there is a school near my house but it is rather expensive. I went and watched a class but that night was the martial aspects which I am not interested in.

The school is owned by Park Bok Nam.

Thanks

Sign in to follow this