Aaron

Tough Times

Hello folks,

I know this topic has been done before, but I thought I might share some of the things I'm going through. I was receiving monthly payments for a severance from my last job, but it ended this month. Now I am currently unemployed and without an income. Since my severance only added up to about fifty percent of my actual income before being fired, I had to pay for much of my living expenses with my savings, which means I am completely broke. I will pay this months bills, but I have no idea where the money for my next months bills are coming from.

It's tough. I know there are a lot of people going through the same thing, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm going through it right now. I have two options, I can give up and sleep in and get depressed or I can do what I can to make this situation better.

If it was just me, I wouldn't worry about these things, because I really could care less, living in a tent at a campground isn't really so bad, but I have a roommate, who also happens to be my brother, who can't afford to pay all the bills with his income either, so I have to do what I can do.

This is the thing that people keep forgetting. Enlightenment isn't about never experiencing problems, but rather understanding the nature of your problems. I understand that none of this matters, but that it also matters. Living your life doesn't end once you've reached an understanding of how the world works (or you think it works) you still have to live your life. I am doing what I can to live my life. I do the best I can and I can't really do any better than that.

I guess my point is, there are things that are still important, even if you understand that they really aren't that important. There are things that need to be done, even if you know they don't need to be done. Debating about enlightenment, telling others how they should live their lives, doesn't change the fact that you need to live your own life.

I have no doubt that what will happen will happen. I will not worry about next month until next month arrives. I will worry about the here and now, what I am doing to meet my own needs and ensure that I am not a burden on others. As long as I do this, then I'm doing what I am supposed to do.

If you're having problems, then I'm there with you. I hope things are going well for everyone and regardless of how life treats you I sincerely hope that peace is with you.

Aaron

• Like 1

Hello folks,

I know this topic has been done before, but I thought I might share some of the things I'm going through. I was receiving monthly payments for a severance from my last job, but it ended this month. Now I am currently unemployed and without an income. Since my severance only added up to about fifty percent of my actual income before being fired, I had to pay for much of my living expenses with my savings, which means I am completely broke. I will pay this months bills, but I have no idea where the money for my next months bills are coming from.

It's tough. I know there are a lot of people going through the same thing, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm going through it right now. I have two options, I can give up and sleep in and get depressed or I can do what I can to make this situation better.

If it was just me, I wouldn't worry about these things, because I really could care less, living in a tent at a campground isn't really so bad, but I have a roommate, who also happens to be my brother, who can't afford to pay all the bills with his income either, so I have to do what I can do.

This is the thing that people keep forgetting. Enlightenment isn't about never experiencing problems, but rather understanding the nature of your problems. I understand that none of this matters, but that it also matters. Living your life doesn't end once you've reached an understanding of how the world works (or you think it works) you still have to live your life. I am doing what I can to live my life. I do the best I can and I can't really do any better than that.

I guess my point is, there are things that are still important, even if you understand that they really aren't that important. There are things that need to be done, even if you know they don't need to be done. Debating about enlightenment, telling others how they should live their lives, doesn't change the fact that you need to live your own life.

I have no doubt that what will happen will happen. I will not worry about next month until next month arrives. I will worry about the here and now, what I am doing to meet my own needs and ensure that I am not a burden on others. As long as I do this, then I'm doing what I am supposed to do.

If you're having problems, then I'm there with you. I hope things are going well for everyone and regardless of how life treats you I sincerely hope that peace is with you.

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I hope everything works out for the best. You're absolutely right that just because we have experienced the nature of reality and such, our daily struggles, our past action's fruitions don't just disappear. You see a lot of the truly enlightened being suffer from physical ailments and worldly difficulties.

But it will also be a great time for true practice. I mean, who isn't happy when everything is going ok? The true siddhas and sages were usually mendicants for long periods and endured long hardships abandoning life as princes and loyalty to engender true enlightenment when conditions were tough. I'm not saying you should become a mendicant or anything like that, just that it simply doesn't matter.

Hope everything turns out ok!

Blessings,

Lucky

Hi AAron,

My wishes for the best for you and yours.

That old saying, "Where there's a will there's a way." works sometimes.

Hi AAron,

My wishes for the best for you and yours.

That old saying, "Where there's a will there's a way." works sometimes.

Hi Aaron,

My good wishes with you too!

"This is the thing that people keep forgetting. Enlightenment isn't about never experiencing problems, but rather understanding the nature of your problems. I understand that none of this matters, but that it also matters. Living your life doesn't end once you've reached an understanding of how the world works (or you think it works) you still have to live your life. I am doing what I can to live my life."

Bingo! And I would agree with MH that none of this means you have to lie down in abject acceptation. Because it matters:-) (having understood it doesn't, I'd look to the part of it that does:-))

Hi Aaron - With your understanding of the TTC and your understanding of self, I would think this could turn out to be a grand experiment for you.

It sounds like you are being thrust into a one-day-at-a-timeness that you could handle many ways. My recommendation would be to Be Here Now each and every day; to not sit in the problem (which I know you wouldn't) but to be aware of all the opportunities that you will be exposed to. Your creative and brilliant mind will see all the loose ends and immediately see where they can be tied together to benefit you and others. Things will come rolling down the pike for you; the hard part is to trust that process and Know that you are attracting to yourself everything you will need....if you stay in a positive mindset.

My guess is that you'll come out of this with even more understanding of self than you already have. Best wishes to you; if it feels comfortable, please keep us posted on how things are going. I, for one, would be very interested.

Barb

Hello guys,

Thanks for the support. I understand your concern regarding acceptance. I think for me, I'm not accepting the future, so much as accepting what happens as it happens. I've been looking for jobs today, but the market is a bit slim. I have found out that I can work as a substitute teacher if I get desperate, so I have options. Again, for me, it's just doing what I'm supposed to do and understanding that if I do that, I've done what I am supposed to do.

Aaron

I've found that everything is integrated and you can't compartmentalize "spirituality."

"Spirituality" is not a separate activity - but the way you approach everything you encounter in any realm - including your mundane 3D life. Perhaps especially your 3D life.

Because 3D life is why we're here. An excruciatingly realistic VR game that we can learn and evolve incredibly from.

The "spiritual" way is then to place importance on learning these lessons from this game - rather than on just the game itself (which is just a means to the former end). Of course, this is much easier said than done because of how fvcking awesomely good & realistic this game is! ;)

Anyhow, sounds like you are taking such an approach and I'm sure you will make it through!

Edited by vortex
  • Like 1

Come to Norway. The beer is expensive, and we're shy and naive, but the scenery is nice.

Apply for a job from the U.S, and go for it. If you happen to scrape together a plane ticket, this country has, atleast for now, alot of available jobs for foreigners.

http://www.learn4good.com/jobs/language/english/list/country/norway/

Here are some who has done it:

http://www.expatinterviews.com/norway

Its not all rosy, but atleast you get an unenployment benefit equalling to 80% of your salary if laid off.

But its tough to get permanent employment. But take it as a working holiday until things change at home.

h

Heya Aaron ... there's power in the Yin moments of life. What we call the "good times" are usually the Yang moments where everything is all sunny and rosy. The Yin moments are an opportunity to tap into deep reserves we never knew were there. If we learn to allow these phases to be and find cause to be grateful for them it is amazing what can result.

A good friend of mine once said, "Compost gets all icky and slimy before it turns to fertilizer and grows flowers."

:D

• Like 1