Sign in to follow this  
dnice

Has meditation really changed me?

-I no longer have WILD lust , it is controlled , it is just like a little headache in my mind that i don't need to give in to it , It is a calm type of lust .

-I don't have a big urge to be one with a woman ,

-i no longer get scared in my dreams , I see the frightening dream character with ease .

-I feel positive and realize that all thoughts arise from me , including all the negative energies ,

they come and they go , I don't give in to them ,

i hope i continue to see positive results .

What do you gentlemen think ?

• Like 2

Well, we aren't all gentlemen. ;) Though I'm one.

I hope you continue to see positive results, too.

I wonder about your comment on dreams. I certainly haven't had something I'd characterize as a nightmare in years. Even when I wake up in fear, it's thrilling. But I still connect with my dreams, and I never have any awareness within them, other than experiencing that dream being.

Has it made your dreams more fruitful to be somehow aware during them, as though you are watching rather than experiencing. And, I guess, I don't particularly want to let go of them. More attatching. They are rather fun.

Well, we aren't all gentlemen. ;) Though I'm one.

I hope you continue to see positive results, too.

I wonder about your comment on dreams. I certainly haven't had something I'd characterize as a nightmare in years. Even when I wake up in fear, it's thrilling. But I still connect with my dreams, and I never have any awareness within them, other than experiencing that dream being.

Has it made your dreams more fruitful to be somehow aware during them, as though you are watching rather than experiencing. And, I guess, I don't particularly want to let go of them. More attatching. They are rather fun.

I have lucid dreams everyday , They are not 100% lucid that's why i don't pay them too much attention .

One time I decided to meditate in my dream and i realized something that gave me the chills , The sense of "being" in the dream is the same as the waking state . The sense of "I AM" is the same in both realms (this was my experience)....

but, anyway

I don't pay dreams to much attention , I look at experiencing and looking forward to a lucid dream as a weakness ,its some type of escape from life , I must make this waking dimension lucid rather than focusing on my dreams . So i no longer look into my dreams , i let them come and i let them go .

By practicing meditation and non attachment i began to have lucid dreams daily.

(I do not want anybody to follow my ways because I'm not a master yet )

curious? what kind of meditation do you do? and how long have you done it? and how often?

-I have been meditating for 1 year but i felt the results this month

-I meditate two times a day ( I surrender to myself , I just remain as "I AM" )

-i practice semen retention & Pranayama

-i practice being myself all day with no attachments to anything , feelings thoughts and desires come and they go while I remain as "I AM" with no identification to anything

-I have a SAVAGE job so i practice self discipline 11-12 hours a day , I let my anger come and I let it go , I let my "past karmic mind" come and i let it go , Im like the sky and my ego is like the clouds ,

(i dont want anybody to follow me im not a master )

So do not ask me questions on how to change your life,

Edited by dnice

Cool! I follow a similar practice and have had quite similar results..

Especially with dreams now. I haven't become fully lucid yet - but have developed the ability to wake myself out of them at will. Like when they become too worrisome or like when I was about to have sex in one the other week and potentially lose my load.. Whew. :lol:

I think gaining control over your lust and dreams signifies that your jing is filling up.. :)

Next is qi.

Edited by vortex

Or you can skip the long path of playing with energy and go straight to the source. The Chan practice of huatou is very powerful self-inquiry -- energy takes care of itself once you rest in your original mind.

dnice, go deeper - http://www.westernchanfellowship.org/methods-in-chan-hall.html

the site does not work , please i want to check it out

thanks!

So many of the benefits you mention have to do with creating space. Space in your mind between stimulus and reaction. When I meditate regularly I'm not easily spooked by a sudden phenomena like a sudden dog bark and unexpected horn blast. Even in a mundane act like brushing my teeth, my gag reflex is lowered to the point I can brush my lower tongue and throat.

No powers, but space, control and a little more peace.

Michael

Hm yea. I've had other benefits but just one interesting thing I've gotten.

I meditate in my closet (closet jokes awaited) turn off the computer and it's pitch black. When I Lengthen my breathe for a long enough time, I sort of feel like im not breathing, at one time when I was a bit more conscious right after doing this. I began to sort of panic.

Like I was going to faint. Mentally in there after a bit of meditating I don't feel like I know where I start or end. And by the end of it, im pretty convinced.

Anyway was going to faint, but was in pitch black and just finished meditating, so I just embraced the feeling and began to meditate again, doing the same breathes that brought me to that feeling. It became a bit more comfortable, and the negative qualities left.

Edited by NeiChuan

you just have to remember to keep breathing! You will feel as though you're not breathing when you make your breath slender enough that you arent arousing any nerve activity and thus your parts dont really register the air (well, aside from your olfactory bulb!) so when that happens you need to keep your awareness focused....focused on that which is generating those phenomena and not the phenomena themselves - i.e. keeeeep breathing! (or, keep the abdominal motion going, if you're "there.")

-I no longer have WILD lust , it is controlled , it is just like a little headache in my mind that i don't need to give in to it , It is a calm type of lust .

-I don't have a big urge to be one with a woman ,

-i no longer get scared in my dreams , I see the frightening dream character with ease .

-I feel positive and realize that all thoughts arise from me , including all the negative energies ,

they come and they go , I don't give in to them ,

i hope i continue to see positive results .

What do you gentlemen think ?

this gentlewoman asks:

What do your family and close friends say and think?

s

Sign in to follow this