Trunk

Sinew-changing the Lazy Way

This can be done in lots of positions, but it's super easy lying down.

Gently spread your fingers, open your palms, & relax - both hands same time. Feel the tendons in your palms just gently flex and relax, like rubber bands. Do that slowly, repetively.

Now do the same thing with your feet, in sync w/ your hands. A little awkward but you'll find that the hand-sync helps your feet along.

Do that gently, repetitively, for a while. Hands and feet. Breathe comfortably deeply, naturally.

cheers,

Trunk

• Like 3

i like these trunk and r_v. so i will share one i do, i know it has been shared already by someone on some thread here b4.

standing i rise up on the balls of my feet, wait for the pain to show up in my calves, then "sit" just on top of that spot. i extend arms straight up . fingers stretched, all joints stretched, rib cage stretched. one of its names is "standing wave" if you try it you will discover why :lol:

• Like 2

This is a serendipitous post here at this time thank you Trunk. The other day, Sunday and Monday I suddenly had sciatica like I haven't had in twenety years. Lots of construction work in my life, but I also do tai chi and some stretches. But with the sciatica I couldn't really do either. It took me ten minutes to dress in the morning and I couldn't fit in the car on Thursday and it is a van. But lying down I explored opening and relaxing the joints especially in the hip and kwa, and would tense and let go of the the whole leg muscle group. Friday I was back to 80% and almost feeling stronger in my base. Today I am back to 100%. I also combined it with emptiness letting go meditation accepting what was happening.

yes trunk, very good. :)

if one would like to add slight movement, try expanding out and contracting in from laogung, allowing hands to gently cup as the tendons contract. without force. once you have the hang of it, you can try incorporating wrists opening and closing.

always, gently, gently in a super relaxed way. :D

extrapolate to every joint in the body ;) pulse! ^_^ the sacrum's a great one.

yes trunk, very good. :)

if one would like to add slight movement, try expanding out and contracting in from laogung, allowing hands to gently cup as the tendons contract. without force. once you have the hang of it, you can try incorporating wrists opening and closing.

always, gently, gently in a super relaxed way. :D

could do this same idea with feet for K1?

hey zero. :) i suppose so. i'm trying now as i type. ought to work. make sure not to tense up other areas of the body. set your intent on doing the exercise without any strain. doing this might also release some tension and invoke vibrations throughout the body. lemme know how it goes! :)

yeah it works nicely :) maybe not as strong as the laogong but i have put more effort there. maybe that is why? 99% of this idea i got from your post here . the other 1% came from ,when in some stances , some folks choose to scrunch up their toes. so between the scrunching and the stretching..should be able to get something going on with it.

This is an interesting exercise Trunk. I've done this in Shavasana at the end of many routines. It seems to come naturally.

(I added numbers)

1. standing i rise up on the balls of my feet, wait for the pain to show up in my calves,

2. then "sit" just on top of that spot. i extend arms straight up . fingers stretched, all joints stretched, rib cage stretched.

one of its names is "standing wave" if you try it you will discover why :lol:

I'm not sure if I'm getting it right.. is this it?

post-19-129901889753_thumb.jpg

When I do that, I start shaking! :lol:

I think the #2 part opens/addresses psoas trauma somehow.

... am I getting right what you are describing??

(I saw a related dvd recently.)

~ edit ~

In part #1, at the full extension, I also expand my palms and soles.

.. expanding out and contracting in from laogung, ... incorporating wrists opening and closing. .. gently, gently
That helped, thx. Been experimenting w/ it some for a few days. Improvement on your recommendation, in general, and enhanced my experience of other hand work.

.. same idea with feet for K1?
Agreed.

The feet just aren't used to dexterity work, but they have latent ability. :)

.. lying down I explored opening and relaxing the joints especially in the hip and kwa, and would tense and let go of the the whole leg muscle group.
It's surprising how much can be accessed with the experimentation of opening~closing while lying down. Glad your situation improved.

I've done this in Shavasana at the end of many routines. It seems to come naturally.
Agreed.

if you stretch the tendons in the hands and feet right you can feel your bone structure align. This is an excellent way to clear out meridians.

(I added numbers)

think of it as a chi kung exercise. or a chi kung to do before other chi kung. here i will call it the first of the 3 main frames. it will activate the body's natural waves and pulses. it raises vibrational frequency.

it will open you up.

in your drawing in #2 are you squatting? becoz this and the other 2 main frames are standing on a triangle you have found raised up on the ball of your feet.

so if i said "sit" just above the place where you find the pain in your calf. maybe it is better if i say rest or find your sweet spot , just above the calf pain.

most folks will find pain in the shoulders, in this case you will just have to deal/work thru that.

there are also 3 squatting exercises to be done after the standing ones. doing the squatting ones and use of hand mudras temper these connections made to heaven and earth.

it this didnt answer your question? let me know. i like to share.

• Like 1

is consuming the select herbs that strengthen connective tissue, tendons, bones, marrow, considered a lazy way? :D

not as long as its part of this balanced breakfast :lol:

er... :lol:

:lol: well, it's not just for breakfast anymore ....wise.... :lol:

this is the time of year i find deer antler more useful than just some

material for making knife handles or mounting on a wall.

(I added numbers)

~ edit ~

In part #1, at the full extension, I also expand my palms and soles.

as far as i know , trunk, you "invented" this very nice exercise

by mis-understanding my earlier description of kunlun dragon#1

i do the "squat hands raised" from time to time and i find it helpful.

I am trying this exercise for the first time tonight.

I gotta hand it to Zeros, he shared the "standing wave" with me and I have yet to find a qigong that opens up the joints and puts one's mind on a higher frequency at the same time. However, I am very new to this. It is very inspiring to read about already successful qigong daoist style, you know?

I found that "whipping" out the eight mother palms while walking the circle makes me really feel the burn of the tendons growing and the tendon sheath lubricating. Doing the palms static while on the balls of my feet seems to produce nearly the same effect. It becomes very fun!

I hope this is on topic enough.

• Like 1