Sign in to follow this  
qingjing

John P. Milton's DVDs

Hi everyone,

I was taking a look at John P. Milton's DVDs and they look really interesting to me. Is anyone here familiar with those DVDs? I've got two specific questions in mind:

1 - Is the Wuji form he teaches the same form as Michael Winn's and Paul Rubbio's?

2 - I hear he brings a lot from other traditions (like Shamanism, Tibetan Buddhism etc.) into his work. Now, about his Qigong for Life series, does it offer "orthodox" (for lack of a better word) qigong theory and practice, or is it more like his own "mixed version" of energy work based on different traditions? Does he follow the traditional meridian model, yin-yang, jing, qi, shen, etc.?

I'm all for integrating different traditions, but I'm still a beginner at qigong, and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between "qigong-qigong" and "my-own-kind-of-qigong-based-energy-work-with-a-few-additions-qigong", you know?

Thanks for your help!

cheers

qingjing

Edited by qingjing

In reply to question 1, yes, it is the same form that Michael Winn and Donald Rubbo teach, also known as Primordial Qigong. I haven't seen any of Milton's other materials though.

I'm learning the Wuji form from John P. Milton's DVD: excellent production, skillfully taught.

(By the way, parts from the Wuji form came to me first through the Shaking Medicine: just open yourself - from the heart - to the life force and you'll be guided to your next step...)

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've made up my mind about the Wuji DVD! The interview link was great too, thanks!

cheers

qingjing

Sign in to follow this