Sign in to follow this  
lazy cloud

Chinese law bans reincarnation?

Fascinating concept, this banning reincarnation. I wonder if they know that, if it works, that it will disappear the entire ideology that has thought up the ban and which supports it. I'm staying tuned for sure. These are exciting times!

:wacko: i live in america and not under chinese law

however i did wish to return as a giant panda ,

will i then be an outlaw panda? or not allowed to be any panda?

are chinese lawyers court dockets further burdened by this?

• Like 2

not sure if this law is being enforced?

but in nigeria authorities have nabbed this baaaaaaaaaaaad guy(sorry but i had to)

post-52446-130555932848_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

not sure if this law is being enforced?

but in nigeria authorities have nabbed this baaaaaaaaaaaad guy(sorry but i had to)

post-52446-130555932848_thumb.jpg

:lol:

Ban on reincarnation?

Long overdue.

We're all entitled to end the cycle by now.

• Like 2

So China is catching up with the West?.. In Europe, the emperor Justinius banned reincarnation in 553 AD, and imprisoned the last Pope who maintained the doctrine. It was not OK for Christians nor for anyone under their colonial, political, military, economic power to reincarnate ever since. Our "science" that is the direct continuation of political control mechanisms eployed by Justinius et al merely followed suit.

So everybody who is currently standardized and installed/entrenched in their "scientific" approach, the legitimized, respectable biomechanical fundamentalists currently enjoying the position of superiority that was formerly associated with other institutionalized beliefs, should know...

...that what you believe or don't believe is the outcome of political manipulation dating waaaay back, rather than of some "pure innocent scientific knowledge." Things that don't "get in line" get banned, is all. If you are only a believer in what's sanctioned by the officialdom, you are in line. Congratulations.

And the line stretches way away from the nonlinear truth. All the way!:lol:

• Like 2

So China is catching up with the West?.. In Europe, the emperor Justinius banned reincarnation in 553 AD, and imprisoned the last Pope who maintained the doctrine. It was not OK for Christians nor for anyone under their colonial, political, military, economic power to reincarnate ever since. Our "science" that is the direct continuation of political control mechanisms eployed by Justinius et al merely followed suit.

So everybody who is currently standardized and installed/entrenched in their "scientific" approach, the legitimized, respectable biomechanical fundamentalists currently enjoying the position of superiority that was formerly associated with other institutionalized beliefs, should know...

...that what you believe or don't believe is the outcome of political manipulation dating waaaay back, rather than of some "pure innocent scientific knowledge." Things that don't "get in line" get banned, is all. If you are only a believer in what's sanctioned by the officialdom, you are in line. Congratulations.

Yeah, sometimes I get a sense of "what should we let them know this time"?

And it does seem that certain "stuff" is making it through the "official" lines. Or at least that we get to talk about it more online. WHY? I sometimes hope it's because there's some kind of understanding that if you don't allow diversity of belief (or reality for that matter :blink: ) then you're taking some serious risks to your continued existence.

Been a while since I've considered myself this much of a cog. Not pleasant, although I thank you for the reminder TaoMeow :ninja:

I ought to point ought that the "stuff" I'm referring to is all kinds of stuff, and not some overwhelming truth about the universe or anything.

Very interesting. Do you have any sources or references on that?

Glad I don't live there.

How much longer is it going to take for that country to just fall completely apart? Everyone knows it's going to happen, so it's sad how long it is being prolonged.

Chinese culture is so rich, the people deserve a fresh start, without having to see their country fall apart and see their Capitalist Dictatorship ruin so many of their lives in the process.

• Like 1

Glad I don't live there.

How much longer is it going to take for that country to just fall completely apart? Everyone knows it's going to happen, so it's sad how long it is being prolonged.

Chinese culture is so rich, the people deserve a fresh start, without having to see their country fall apart and see their Capitalist Dictatorship ruin so many of their lives in the process.

i am glad i live here but , ,, (seems as many countries are falling) i feel there is a def decline going on here. the infrastructure is literally crumbling. how much longer before we wake up?

Very interesting. Do you have any sources or references on that?

Justinian did not ban reincarnation; he had the belief in reincarnation declared heresy.

He imprisoned Pope Vigilius because Vigilius would not sign the declaration condemning Origen of Alexandria as a heretic. Origen was considered to be the greatest of the pre-Nicean Church Fathers and his writings were very highly respected by many, including Pope Vigilius.

It is speculated by some that Justinian wished to install a belief in eternal damnation rather than the various forms of belief in reincarnation and universal salvation that many Christians (like Origen) once believed for political rather than spiritual purposes, i.e. control.

Speculation about the initial impetus aside, the reason that such harsh measures were taken to stamp out heresy, as with Constantine before him, and with so many others in the history of Christianity, was that the theological unity of the Christian Church directly affected the political unity of the empire. With the coming of the barbarian threat, the theological unity of the Church also directly affected the Empire's ability to defend itself (i.e. survive) both via the force of political unity and the force cultural unity.

And so the precedent of "stamping out heresy is a matter of life and death" became deeply ingrained into the collective psyche of Christian leadership, eventually leading to things like the Inquisition, etc., and then the reaction of the splintering off of tons of different denominations. That is, in my view right now at least, the main driving factor in "how Christianity go so messed up".

Edited by Creation
  • Like 4

Justinian did not ban reincarnation; he had the belief in reincarnation declared heresy.

Gotta take up kechari mudra I guess, maybe it will help me with my tongue-in-cheek techniques.:P

"The way of tao is return." To ban reincarnation, they would have to ban tao. Of course "they" often pretend they did... one way or the other... but... don't take their word for it.

I remember... many billion moons ago... when I walked or not walked in skins as I pleased... when they called me Uwedhe... that's when they tried real hard, with the deadliest tools at their disposal, the kind Justinian or Rockefeller don't have. Even Zhuangzi, who lived billions of moons later, heard that famous story, the one about the two kings, Sudden and Abrupt, who made a hole in Primal Unity. According to him, Primal Unity died. But I remember differently. It died all right, but then, of course, it reincarnated all over again. The way of tao is return...:)

• Like 3

The way of tao is return...:)

Ah! Be careful with that concept. It is not the same as the Buddhist concept. Very different, in fact.

Ah! Be careful with that concept. It is not the same as the Buddhist concept. Very different, in fact.

Now you're telling me! Too late to be careful with that concept, I'm already back!:lol:

-- as a taoist all over again, 'cause the last time around, my buddhist friends, who happened to be Amitaba Buddhists, failed to convince me to chant Amitaba Amitaba and get the hell outta here and into the Pure Land when I discorporated a few of my shens. Well... whatchagonna do! I miss my Po of the previous life, which was pretty tame and quite housebroken toward the end... that life was a long one... but I'm having fun with the new Po in this one, although it started out pretty wild and gave me a lot of trouble, and bit the hand that feeds it many times... my hand, to be specific... still it's a fine animal, I wouldn't put it down before its time, no worries. :)

• Like 1

Yeah, sometimes I get a sense of "what should we let them know this time"?

And it does seem that certain "stuff" is making it through the "official" lines. Or at least that we get to talk about it more online. WHY? I sometimes hope it's because there's some kind of understanding that if you don't allow diversity of belief (or reality for that matter :blink: ) then you're taking some serious risks to your continued existence.

Been a while since I've considered myself this much of a cog. Not pleasant, although I thank you for the reminder TaoMeow :ninja:

I ought to point ought that the "stuff" I'm referring to is all kinds of stuff, and not some overwhelming truth about the universe or anything.

I think I know what you mean. "Stuff" and stuff. Why indeed do they let some of the real stuff seep through the cracks? I'd like to believe it's a sign of their weakening and our getting stronger... but then, they haven't lost an inch of the territory yet, the green and pleasant land they've taken away from us, they haven't given an inch back and they are grabbing more and more every day... so often I fear they are using these trickle-down little droplets of the truth to let off a bit of steam here and there, is all... and they do take care to mix it with a lot of mind-control chemicals and electromagnetic pollutants and what not, nano-busters of comprehension, biomechanical spirit implants, feeling circuit-breakers, meaning erasers, AI mind prosthetics, DNA entanglers, sensory silencers, all that infinite toxic crap... so very few are actually gaining any access at all to any of the real stuff, the wells are polluted and then some... But then, it can't work "at all times on all people," can it?..

...so let's look to the ways of the old, the ways they are trying to erase -- the very things they declare laughable, obsolete, denounced, left in the dust of our "progress" (what a concept! to the climber of a pyramid, it's "progress" that matters... fewer layers pressing down on you from above as you go means you're getting somewhere... somewhere from where you can press down on those down below... that's "progress!") --

those things are the ticket. Pick them up, dust them off, look for the missing pieces, use your most delicate senses and your most careful touch to restore them to their original splendor... and behold the gem of truth!:wub:

Please no biomechanical spirit implants for me. They probably advertise them as only enhancers.

The shapeshifting goat guy sure made a major faux pas.

I reckon , that the link between reincarnation and evolution has been discussed on TTB?

:)Ah, the coming and going :)

Now you're telling me! Too late to be careful with that concept, I'm already back!:lol:

-- as a taoist all over again, 'cause the last time around, my buddhist friends, who happened to be Amitaba Buddhists, failed to convince me to chant Amitaba Amitaba and get the hell outta here and into the Pure Land when I discorporated a few of my shens. Well... whatchagonna do! I miss my Po of the previous life, which was pretty tame and quite housebroken toward the end... that life was a long one... but I'm having fun with the new Po in this one, although it started out pretty wild and gave me a lot of trouble, and bit the hand that feeds it many times... my hand, to be specific... still it's a fine animal, I wouldn't put it down before its time, no worries. :)

Hehehe. Funny.

Of course Stig would probably like to contradict me if he read my post.

Well, I hope you have fun playing with your new Po.

I reckon , that the link between reincarnation and evolution has been discussed on TTB?

:)Ah, the coming and going :)

Hehehe. Yeah, I am sure we discussed that as well as we could.

Were you thinking of trying it again?

Gotta take up kechari mudra I guess, maybe it will help me with my tongue-in-cheek techniques.:P

I'm enjoying you posting in the role that you are in, dear Wang-Mu. So I played a supporting role, viz. the scholar.

I'm enjoying you posting in the role that you are in, dear Wang-Mu. So I played a supporting role, viz. the scholar.

Oh, sorry I forgot to mention that I enjoyed your scholarly offering too, very much. Fu sheng wu liang tianzun.:)

reincarnation blues.

the only way to evolve to higher levels is to continue to cultivate.

taoists enjoy life and value life. i do not judge.

with a calm and a pure heart tao may be attained.

it is a natural expression of harmony of tao.

Sign in to follow this