Sign in to follow this  
Maddie

whats the Beef

I've noticed lately that after eating beef I feel very sluggish and uncomfortable. This has not been the case for me before, but it has been lately? Anyone know anything about this?

I've noticed lately that after eating beef I feel very sluggish and uncomfortable. This has not been the case for me before, but it has been lately? Anyone know anything about this?

It might just be that because you're cultivating your body is becoming more sensitive.

I used to love a soft boiled egg with bread soldiers, now every time I try to eat one I uncontrollably vomit afterwards. I've really tried a fair few times too, thinking that perhaps it was just a dodgy egg. Still, no joy.

Bye bye soft boiled eggs.

Beef is still working good for me though! :lol:

You may not wanna know this, but I had a lovely dish of tender beef in ginger sauce the other day... man it went down well.

It might just be that because you're cultivating your body is becoming more sensitive.

I used to love a soft boiled egg with bread soldiers, now every time I try to eat one I uncontrollably vomit afterwards. I've really tried a fair few times too, thinking that perhaps it was just a dodgy egg. Still, no joy.

Bye bye soft boiled eggs.

Beef is still working good for me though! :lol:

You may not wanna know this, but I had a lovely dish of tender beef in ginger sauce the other day... man it went down well.

Hm yea same. Some dishes I use to always get a bit sick off of. Now those same ones I get even more sick of.

Also now when I have a soda or two, I get wired incredibly. I might aswell be stoned at that point, so no more soda lol.

What's your year of birth?

You become sensitive to certain foods because you are simply becoming more aware of yourself and also the external environment...hence expanded awareness...so you are now aware of the effect that some foods have on you because they are not suited to your energetics. Still junk and excessively processed food is something that would hurt anyone.

Beef corresponds to the earth element in TCM.

You become sensitive to certain foods because you are simply becoming more aware of yourself and also the external environment...hence expanded awareness...so you are now aware of the effect that some foods have on you because they are not suited to your energetics. Still junk and excessively processed food is something that would hurt anyone.

1974 I'm a Tiger lol

That's why I switched to Taco Bell brah... their beef filling doesn't quite weigh me down like real beef does.

seriously... think about it!

• Like 1

I would look into the quality of the meat youre eating. What the cows ate and other elements of their regimen makes a huge difference in the nature of the meat that you get. At this point I basically only eat meat from grass-fed cows. You also might try cooking your meat less - this can be risky if you dont have high quality meat, but it does reduce the heaviness factor.

I would look into the quality of the meat youre eating. What the cows ate and other elements of their regimen makes a huge difference in the nature of the meat that you get. At this point I basically only eat meat from grass-fed cows. You also might try cooking your meat less - this can be risky if you dont have high quality meat, but it does reduce the heaviness factor.

Good point, I read something once that is a good illustration of this very point; it's actually how they learned where 'mad cow' disease came from. It was noticed that in tribal communities the women were the only ones who would get the mad cow. They followed that observation and discovered that it was because the women get the crappy cuts of meat while the men got the good cuts of meat. In the end it was determined that you would only get mad cow from eating crappy cuts of meat; if you ate a good cut from the same cow you wouldn't get sick.

1974 I'm a Tiger lol

See! ;) Wood controls Earth (especially you being double wood). Inharmonious relationship.

I'd suggest you replacing beef with lamb (Fire) or pork (Water).

He's got double wood!!

I had wood once, but never double!

Some guys have all the luck! :(

I wouldn't call me lucky lol.

some ideas

1. weak digestion from overeating carbs thereby reducing stomach acid

2. feedlot beef-high in n6 low in n3-eat grassfed only

3. eating beef with starch-it's traditional but not good for digestion-skip buns and potato with beef

4. over cooking-I eat my beef rare or raw-much easier to digest

5. maybe it just doesn't agree with you...the reason I don't eat chicken

What foods/ Elements does November 1975 Correspond to?

Edited by Upfromtheashes

What foods/ Elements does November 1975 Correspond to?

Wood Rabbit. Also double wood sign but with Yin component as opposed to Dragon and Tiger which are Yang Wood.

Foods: BBQ, stir-fried and spicy food, lamb, also fish and tofu (these two are metal foods and you need some metal to cut the excess wood you have).

Same to dmattwads, as he is a double wood, he needs metal to balance excess wood (metal controls the wood element).

Btw, I think I am going to open a Feng Shui clinic and start charging you guys so I can raise some funds for my next retreat to Central Asia, :lol:

Edited by Gerard

I'd be careful about the source of beef you eat, some countries have far laxer laws about the pumping of beef with hormones, I'm not sure if the law has changed recently but when I read the book "Fast food nation" about ten years ago they were talking about how it's common in the USA to artificially add a load of hormones to their cattle which then appears up in most fast food. It can't be natural or healthy if you ask me.

what about March 1984 in terms of the foods/elements? I did four pillars once a while back and I think it said I was a fire element, and I didn't have any metal anywhere in my pillars

Sign in to follow this