InfinityTruth

Strange Black Hole During Meditation Session + Anyone have any interesting things happen during meditation?

Today when I was meditating I suddenly saw this black hole shoot by my vision. It happened very fast. My eyes were closed and then I saw darkness and Deeperdarkness. This black hole not only that but it seemed to get bigger as it got closer. http://www.crystalinks.com/black_holes.html - The 2nd top picture is sort of what I saw if not almost exactly if you remove the purple color outside of the black hole. It was like darkness and then a ring of TOTAL darkness and it came towards me and expanded. It disapeared and then came back later. What was weird about it is when it came back something came out of it and then the black hole disapeared. It was like a really strange shape I couldn't describe.

That was pretty much it. I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what it could have meant. Closer to ending my session I got another really fast really pure visual of someone (like just as real as waking state) I can't remember seeing before but she looked familiar in some way. The weird thing was is she looked angry. She was really glaring at me or the space. Lol. At the same time she felt loving though.

Anyways feedback of what it could have been? Meditation experiences of your own? This was really trippy. A nice change of pace from the usual meditation sessions though.

Today when I was meditating I suddenly saw this black hole shoot by my vision. It happened very fast. My eyes were closed and then I saw darkness and Deeperdarkness. This black hole not only that but it seemed to get bigger as it got closer. http://www.crystalinks.com/black_holes.html - The 2nd top picture is sort of what I saw if not almost exactly if you remove the purple color outside of the black hole. It was like darkness and then a ring of TOTAL darkness and it came towards me and expanded. It disapeared and then came back later. What was weird about it is when it came back something came out of it and then the black hole disapeared. It was like a really strange shape I couldn't describe.

That was pretty much it. I've been scouring the internet trying to figure out what it could have meant. Closer to ending my session I got another really fast really pure visual of someone (like just as real as waking state) I can't remember seeing before but she looked familiar in some way. The weird thing was is she looked angry. She was really glaring at me or the space. Lol. At the same time she felt loving though.

Anyways feedback of what it could have been? Meditation experiences of your own? This was really trippy. A nice change of pace from the usual meditation sessions though.

Sounds like one of my favorite transient states I would achieve a few years back when I struggled to slow my thoughts (had/have issues sleeping due to this issue).

I would picture a sphere (hole) darker than what I saw already (remember- eyes already closed, in a black room). I would then guide it closer and closer, very steadily and slowly, eating up all the lighter black around it, until it engulfed my head. Then start with another appearing dead center, the size of a pin head and heading straight towards me.

Best part is I know I succeeded in my exercise for sleep when I could start to physically feel the blackness go by/around my head (losing concious control).

Hm I had a similar experience I guess, but each time was out of meditation, most often in a car.

It looked like a 12 pedaled flower top, that would flicker, and I guess spin.

Was pretty strange, was black for the most part.

Sounds like one of my favorite transient states I would achieve a few years back when I struggled to slow my thoughts (had/have issues sleeping due to this issue).

I would picture a sphere (hole) darker than what I saw already (remember- eyes already closed, in a black room). I would then guide it closer and closer, very steadily and slowly, eating up all the lighter black around it, until it engulfed my head. Then start with another appearing dead center, the size of a pin head and heading straight towards me.

Best part is I know I succeeded in my exercise for sleep when I could start to physically feel the blackness go by/around my head (losing concious control).

Nice, I was looking around on the net after this happened and I think I saw that meditation.

For me though it just appeared randomly (I was counting breaths and actually got pretty focused till it appeared)and it sort of scared the shit out of me when I first saw it. The rest of the time looking back on it I was pretty unfocused after it happened. All in all, pretty good session.

Hm I had a similar experience I guess, but each time was out of meditation, most often in a car.

It looked like a 12 pedaled flower top, that would flicker, and I guess spin.

Was pretty strange, was black for the most part.

Interesting, didn't look at all like a flower to me though. I think it might have been spinning I don't remember. To me it looked like a black hole and was moving towards me and got bigger and bigger. It honestly looked almost exactly like the 2nd picture in that link I posted. Except there was darkness and then the pitch darkness of a black hole.

Interesting, didn't look at all like a flower to me though. I think it might have been spinning I don't remember. To me it looked like a black hole and was moving towards me and got bigger and bigger. It honestly looked almost exactly like the 2nd picture in that link I posted. Except there was darkness and then the pitch darkness of a black hole.

Hm similar but not sure if the same. Next time try to focus on it alittle better, like looking slightly over to the left or right of it.

The 3rd time around I got a really good look at it.

I wouldn't get too keen trying to make sense out of this experience. The experience itself is just that, and passing. Whatever significance you put on it will also become a hurdle.

Better yet stay with whatever comes up in a detached manner. Best antidote to focusing too much on groovy experiences is trying to feel what the space that contains the experience feels like.

Adyashanti talks about "the darkness in the dark", but only metaphorically.

On an energetic note, the visual experience can be seen as a indication of the changes in internal "weather". Sometimes things tip towards yin, sometimes towards yang, sometimes towards accumulation and condensaition, sometimes the opposite. They all have visual and even auditory and tactile signs. They are not important in and of themselves.

h

"Just as all colors disappear in black, so all names and forms disappear in her..."

Mahanirvana Tantra

"dazzling darkness"

Gnostics

"black light"

Sufis

"dark sea of awareness"

Castaneda

"One day I become aware of a subtle contraction of the mobius center at the sternum. Being subtle, it does not affect my sense of presence or my capacity to function. Retaining this impression in my awareness in the course of the day’s activities, I realize at some point that it is part of a larger condition. I become aware of a small hole at the location of the solar plexus. My interest is stimulated; I have not experienced a hole in this location for a long time. An easy, spontaneous inquiry into this experience arises.

The light-hearted inquiry intensifies the throbbing at the center of the forehead. The throbbing has a sense of quietness and peace, a radiating stillness. I see the essential nous, the discriminating intelligence or diamond guidance, mostly black. A black presence of stillness glimmers with faceted radiance, as it is activated by the curiosity and questioning.

"The contraction at the mobius relaxes and dissolves, and sadness and emptiness arise. The sadness develops into deep black tears. The tears are deep and warm, and seem to drench the totality of my inner conscious field. The sense of teary sadness comes and goes; I realize there is some difficulty in staying with the experience. This intensifies my curiosity, and adds a silvery glimmer to the diamond blackness of the nous, expressing steadfastness in inquiry.

The sadness deepens and becomes more definite. This increases my awareness of the depth and intimacy of blackness. My consciousness is pervaded by the blackness of the absolute, as I relax into its depth, enfolded by intimacy, soft and light, peaceful and exquisite. My center of awareness sinks deeper into the intimate depths, with a visual sense of receding away from the surface awareness of the environment. I am now centered in a depth from which all of existence appears as surface. It is similar to being in the depths of an ocean, perceiving the changing phenomena at its surface. As I recede into this depth, the issues related to the teary sadness are revealed..."

http://www.ahalmaas.com/Extracts/lnj14_life_deathless.html

Edited by Ulises
  • Like 1

I often experience my path as a hole, although not necessarily black. If I "plug my attention in" to the hole, then I immediately disappear, and my body moves authentically without my interference. Usually I find my path in the contracted areas of my body, especially along my spine and near my sacrum. All I have to do is calm myself and tune in, and the path emerges from the sensory clutter.

Does this sound even vaguely like what your experience was like? If so, maybe next time, you can try "plugging in" to the hole.

• Like 1